Jump to content
  • 0

Skiajati invisible?


(PSN)tigagelas

Question

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

I used it for awhile but never see that ability.

Did you kill enemies with finishers? If not, that is why. Try blinding an enemy then kill it with a finisher. If that does not work you may have a bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Did you kill enemies with finishers? If not, that is why. Try blinding an enemy then kill it with a finisher. If that does not work you may have a bug.

Hello, Sorry its stupid question, but how to do finishers exactly? You mean press square with parazon thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Hello, Sorry its stupid question, but how to do finishers exactly? You mean press square with parazon thing?

Ah, that's different.

In short: Mercy finishers are triggered at a health gate on select enemies (eximus and some 'heavy' enemy types). These use the 'Mercy' mods on your Parazon. Melee finishers are a much older system, that trigger upon certain conditions. Generally, these are triggered by some abilities or weapons that cause forced staggers (not all, but for abilities especially this is usually noted in the description), or from the enemy having not noticed you yet, and they are activated the same way (press square or whatever your interact button is). The main visual difference is that the former uses the Parazon, whereas melee finishers use your melee weapon. 

In order to benefit from Skiajati's passive, you need to trigger a melee finisher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Ah, that's different.

In short: Mercy finishers are triggered at a health gate on select enemies (eximus and some 'heavy' enemy types). These use the 'Mercy' mods on your Parazon. Melee finishers are a much older system, that trigger upon certain conditions. Generally, these are triggered by some abilities or weapons that cause forced staggers (not all, but for abilities especially this is usually noted in the description), or from the enemy having not noticed you yet, and they are activated the same way (press square or whatever your interact button is). The main visual difference is that the former uses the Parazon, whereas melee finishers use your melee weapon. 

In order to benefit from Skiajati's passive, you need to trigger a melee finisher.

I see. Thank for the explanation. Is that somekind stealth kill? Or exactly that is? I mean this ability only active if only I do that kind stealth finisher?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Anemosylva said:

Sneaking up on unwary foes also brings up Melee Finisher prompts.

For what it's worth, since he come's with the weapon, Excal's Blind/Howl is a power that will trigger such a prompt.

Is that mean stealth finisher? Oh I see Excal's blind/howl can cause that too? Let me try that. :D thank for the tips

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

I see. Thank for the explanation. Is that somekind stealth kill? Or exactly that is? I mean this ability only active if only I do that kind stealth finisher?

It can trigger on any finisher, but it's very effective for stealth finishers since it can let you chain them as a non-stealth frame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

Hello, Sorry its stupid question, but how to do finishers exactly? You mean press square with parazon thing?

Yeah, that's a little bit of a confusing parallel system ^^

Mercy Kills with the Parazon are those ones that trigger at a certain threshold of health on the enemy, they usually have a red icon over the enemy and a sound-ping from that enemy to help with the feedback. These are more powerful because they will guarantee the death of the enemy in question, and they will also proc the Mods that you put on your Parazon.

Mercy Kills are basically 'super' Finishers, because of that instant kill factor once you make the prompt appear (DE have actually changed the Impact status so that it raises the threshold for triggering Mercy Kills, and if you have a high-status Impact weapon, it's possible to Mercy Kill a Heavy Gunner unit when they have as much as 80% of their Health remaining).

Finishers are a much older system from the early Melee updates. It's a prompt that happens when the enemy is Un-Aware in some capacity. They are generally called Melee Finishers, but there is a 'Stealth' variant if you do nothing else but sneak up on an enemy while it's un-aware. If you're running around Invisible with Loki, for example, you can walk up behind an enemy that is acting normal (like walking or standing still) and perform a Stealth Finisher. The difference here is that it's not guaranteed to kill, the damage is based off your Melee mods, and can actually be modded for in that regard to give bonus damage when you perform one. (It's also, strangely, based on the Level of your weapon, so if your melee is level 0, you get no bonus, but if you have it maxed you get a 6x damage bonus at base.)

There are also Ground Finishers, which can be very powerful depending on the Melee weapon and its Stance. If you knock over an enemy and physically aim down at it before you attack, it triggers a Ground Finisher (you may even have accidentally done these during normal play). Different weapon types (like Dagger, Fist and so on) get different levels of multiplied damage when they do this, for example Claw weapons get a custom animation and deal 6 hits at 5x damage, which works out at one button press getting 30x base damage ^^ Others are a lot more boring and just do a single hit from standing at a bonus of 10-12x damage.

Finishers can be made available by Abilities too. Radial Blind from Excal means enemies become temporarily 'un-aware' while they do the 'Oh no, my eyes!' animation, any ability that puts enemies to Sleep can open them up, and frames like Banshee can use their 'Stun' animation from enemies getting in range of Silence to have the same effect as Excal's blind.

A fun fact is that, when an enemy is forced into an un-aware state, you can trigger Finishers from the front too, often giving you some better animations, or faster ones, than the standard back or Stealth Finisher.

The Skiajati is a nikana that synergises well with Umbra because of his Blind/Howl function, and he even has the Augment 'Radiant Finish' that boosts Finisher damage by 300% after a Blind/Howl. So you can blind a group, stab them all to death, and be invisible most of the time to prevent new enemies from targeting you.

Combine it with Arcane Trickery (which is the exact same thing, but the duration lasts 30 seconds and the chance is only 15% instead of the guaranteed effect of the Skiajati) and you can stay Invisible with a non-Invisible frame for an entire mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

I see. Thank for the explanation. Is that somekind stealth kill? Or exactly that is? I mean this ability only active if only I do that kind stealth finisher?

Is that mean stealth finisher? Oh I see Excal's blind/howl can cause that too? Let me try that. :D thank for the tips

the easy explanation is, stealth finishers are done using the skiajati itself. that will make you disappear. sneak up from behind or blind enemies to trigger it.

mercy finishers are done using the parazon assassin's creed hidden blade thingie. it's more of a mortal kombat "finish him" move that'll get triggered after you beat up a bad guy.
since this has nothing to do with the skiajati, of course it won't make you disappear since disappearing is skiajati's ability.

good luck, mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, that's a little bit of a confusing parallel system ^^

Mercy Kills with the Parazon are those ones that trigger at a certain threshold of health on the enemy, they usually have a red icon over the enemy and a sound-ping from that enemy to help with the feedback. These are more powerful because they will guarantee the death of the enemy in question, and they will also proc the Mods that you put on your Parazon.

Mercy Kills are basically 'super' Finishers, because of that instant kill factor once you make the prompt appear (DE have actually changed the Impact status so that it raises the threshold for triggering Mercy Kills, and if you have a high-status Impact weapon, it's possible to Mercy Kill a Heavy Gunner unit when they have as much as 80% of their Health remaining).

Finishers are a much older system from the early Melee updates. It's a prompt that happens when the enemy is Un-Aware in some capacity. They are generally called Melee Finishers, but there is a 'Stealth' variant if you do nothing else but sneak up on an enemy while it's un-aware. If you're running around Invisible with Loki, for example, you can walk up behind an enemy that is acting normal (like walking or standing still) and perform a Stealth Finisher. The difference here is that it's not guaranteed to kill, the damage is based off your Melee mods, and can actually be modded for in that regard to give bonus damage when you perform one. (It's also, strangely, based on the Level of your weapon, so if your melee is level 0, you get no bonus, but if you have it maxed you get a 6x damage bonus at base.)

There are also Ground Finishers, which can be very powerful depending on the Melee weapon and its Stance. If you knock over an enemy and physically aim down at it before you attack, it triggers a Ground Finisher (you may even have accidentally done these during normal play). Different weapon types (like Dagger, Fist and so on) get different levels of multiplied damage when they do this, for example Claw weapons get a custom animation and deal 6 hits at 5x damage, which works out at one button press getting 30x base damage ^^ Others are a lot more boring and just do a single hit from standing at a bonus of 10-12x damage.

Finishers can be made available by Abilities too. Radial Blind from Excal means enemies become temporarily 'un-aware' while they do the 'Oh no, my eyes!' animation, any ability that puts enemies to Sleep can open them up, and frames like Banshee can use their 'Stun' animation from enemies getting in range of Silence to have the same effect as Excal's blind.

A fun fact is that, when an enemy is forced into an un-aware state, you can trigger Finishers from the front too, often giving you some better animations, or faster ones, than the standard back or Stealth Finisher.

The Skiajati is a nikana that synergises well with Umbra because of his Blind/Howl function, and he even has the Augment 'Radiant Finish' that boosts Finisher damage by 300% after a Blind/Howl. So you can blind a group, stab them all to death, and be invisible most of the time to prevent new enemies from targeting you.

Combine it with Arcane Trickery (which is the exact same thing, but the duration lasts 30 seconds and the chance is only 15% instead of the guaranteed effect of the Skiajati) and you can stay Invisible with a non-Invisible frame for an entire mission.

Oh my. I really read this one till end and more understand the use of ability excal and the connection with skiajati. Im more interest using skiajati after reading your explanation. :D thank you very very very much!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

It can trigger on any finisher, but it's very effective for stealth finishers since it can let you chain them as a non-stealth frame.

I see. Thank you soo much. :D

21 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

the easy explanation is, stealth finishers are done using the skiajati itself. that will make you disappear. sneak up from behind or blind enemies to trigger it.

mercy finishers are done using the parazon assassin's creed hidden blade thingie. it's more of a mortal kombat "finish him" move that'll get triggered after you beat up a bad guy.
since this has nothing to do with the skiajati, of course it won't make you disappear since disappearing is skiajati's ability.

good luck, mate!

i see. Thank you so much for the explanation. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...