Monster hunter collab

(NSW)BradsLoyalDog

Practically, I doubt it. DE doesn't do a lot of crossovers, only with either their own properties, or ones they've been closely associated with.

As a Monster Hunter fan myself, I would certainly not mind this, however.

I love Monster Hunter but I doubt this sort of crossover would ever happen.  First, Capcom is a Japanese company, which makes any sort of collaboration more difficult.  Second, Capcom is much larger and more successful than Digital Extremes, and part of the benefit of a crossover is turning players of one game into players of another game, which means that Capcom wouldn't see much return on their investment relative to doing a crossover with a more popular game.

Third, Monster Hunter and Warframe are basically completely opposite games.  In Monster Hunter, you slowly fight one big monster over the course of 20 minutes with Souls-like commitment to every slow move you make, reading enemy body language and responding to it.  In Warframe, you are an invincible god zipping around at the speed of light killing 1000's of enemies before you even realize they're near you with a mere 100 sword strokes.  I honestly don't know how you could do a collaboration between these two games.  But maybe you're not talking about anything gameplay-related, just aesthetics?

hace 22 minutos, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

Second, Capcom is much larger and more successful than Digital Extremes

I mean, Valve made something similar with L4D2 x Dying Light and we know that neither L4D2 nor Valve will benefit of more players at all.

The only real problem lies in the will of both companies for making it happen but I doubt we will see something like this soon since DE has much more important things in the.... foundry lmao

1 hour ago, (NSW)Lucifer-Morningst4r said:

is there like any chance of maybe callabing with capcom and possibly getting some monster hunter esque weapon skins for warframe and vice versa  would totally be epic to run around with a zinogre great sword skin on gram prime or something 

Uh, no...

Both companies have nothing with one another, both games run totally different concepts, Monster Hunter weapon skins would fall off Warframe`s style completely.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Final Fantasy 14 has Rathalos as a boss with very different mechanics. I think DE can make it work. On the other hand, if it's just cosmetic items, that makes it easier for both games. It now becomes  a question of which gear should appear in each game.

If @[DE]Rebeccaas any say in the matter and the DE team can work it out with Squarenix, Its a FF14 Hades Cross-over that we would get XD

41 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Final Fantasy 14 has Rathalos as a boss with very different mechanics.

Personally I don't see it.  In both FFXIV and Monster Hunter, Rathalos has a nearly identical moveset of telegraphs and patterns that must be dodged and punished.  The only real mechanical different is the unavoidable fireballs in FFXIV.  There are certainly mechanical differences in the games, but since both games focus on mechanics that involve avoiding telegraphed attacks, from a design standpoint it was incredibly natural to slot Rathalos into FFXIV.

It wouldn't be the same with Warframe x Monster Hunter, though.  Warframes are just too fast compared to Monster Hunter monsters.  You'd have to significantly redesign something, and it would likely feel like a gimmick rather than two games intersecting.

Mhhh... that's a difficult question, specifically talking about "monster hunter". 

But other games that may have somewhat, themes as warframe are more likely, but again, not guaranteed, by the way, there was an unreal tournament "crossover", since we won 3 weapon skins, but it's like I said, very difficult.

And i wouldn't even call an crossover, but that's my terms.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I love Monster Hunter but I doubt this sort of crossover would ever happen.  First, Capcom is a Japanese company, which makes any sort of collaboration more difficult.  Second, Capcom is much larger and more successful than Digital Extremes, and part of the benefit of a crossover is turning players of one game into players of another game, which means that Capcom wouldn't see much return on their investment relative to doing a crossover with a more popular game.

Third, Monster Hunter and Warframe are basically completely opposite games.  In Monster Hunter, you slowly fight one big monster over the course of 20 minutes with Souls-like commitment to every slow move you make, reading enemy body language and responding to it.  In Warframe, you are an invincible god zipping around at the speed of light killing 1000's of enemies before you even realize they're near you with a mere 100 sword strokes.  I honestly don't know how you could do a collaboration between these two games.  But maybe you're not talking about anything gameplay-related, just aesthetics?

Aesthetics not gameplay

9 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally I don't see it.  In both FFXIV and Monster Hunter, Rathalos has a nearly identical moveset of telegraphs and patterns that must be dodged and punished.  The only real mechanical different is the unavoidable fireballs in FFXIV.  There are certainly mechanical differences in the games, but since both games focus on mechanics that involve avoiding telegraphed attacks, from a design standpoint it was incredibly natural to slot Rathalos into FFXIV.

It wouldn't be the same with Warframe x Monster Hunter, though.  Warframes are just too fast compared to Monster Hunter monsters.  You'd have to significantly redesign something, and it would likely feel like a gimmick rather than two games intersecting.

I guess this might be more appropriate then...

13 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

This.

13 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Final Fantasy 14 has Rathalos as a boss with very different mechanics. I think DE can make it work. On the other hand, if it's just cosmetic items, that makes it easier for both games. It now becomes  a question of which gear should appear in each game.

At the same time, mhw got a behemoth boss event that was absolutely flames. Both are absolutely mental companies that puts impossible balance and details to each other's works.

As the commenter i quoted above said: the collab works both ways.

12 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

How about a "Hunter Series" of skins?

The Daikyu Hunter Skin:

Reveal hidden contents

8cT16Aq.png

The Pox Hunter Skin:

Reveal hidden contents

hkEsyOn.jpg

Yeah simple skin collab would be way more probable than full crossover events.

Archived