void : aten steelth path :/

_Anise_

Question

I did this with a 300% power strength wisp motes healing it but enemies killed the console.

I did this with a DR trinity and they killed the console (I can't see that trinitys 4 is even healing it ? it remember it used to work on objectives same as it did on warframes ?)

I did this with nezha with his 50% damage reduction halo on the console and they killed the console despite spamming his ultimate and breach!

I tried this with protea spamming turrets and yeah they killed the console.

I have subsumed Mirage's weapon damage buff and have it over 400% weapon damage, I can quite happily kills stuff as fast as I can see it !!

I even tried with a nuke frame and while I am nuking enemies, enough of them get though to kill the target!

Appears those consoles are made out of dough because I blink and they die every time.

any suggestions ?

Edited by _Anise_

Mobile Defense is less about killing the enemy and more about keeping them away.  CC (Crowd Control) abilities make it more feasible.

When you use your Nezha's 4, all the enemies that get impaled, leave them alone and do not attack them. Duration is more important than Strength here.  The more impaled enemies there are, the less of them are an active threat. Everybody else, use your Operator Void dash / void blast to knock them away. When the ultimate's time runs out, use it again.

Mirage's 4 is more useful here as well.  Duration+range and keep enemies blind.  Spam it.

Other CC frames like Vauban and Limbo and such excel at these types of missions.  Your biggest threat in Void are Nullifiers, so equip weapons with high rate of fire so you can pop their bubbles as soon as you see them.

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I can't see that trinitys 4 is even healing it ? it remember it used to work on objectives same as it did on warframes ?)

Capped at 50% reduction and 500 health / sec... yea useless in steel path xD

Anyway... you can try good old Limbo (with rolling guard) for mobile defense. Max duration and no range. For weapon you just need Miter with neutralizing justice (to deal with nullies. Once you pop their bubble, it wont come back).

The key is pop nully bubbles with rolling guard + mitter and just wait the timer.

Edited by DarkSkysz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -VV-william said:

Loki with Irradiating Disarm

I tried Xaku accuse, I figured it would do the same

its verry difficult trying to balance not being dead with keeping the abilities uip.

anyway long story short I completed the mission and died at the same time failing the mission, I just keep getting hit so hard my warframe goes into orbit as I die, not sure what it is that does that ?

Edited by _Anise_

49 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

its verry difficult trying to balance not being dead with keeping the abilities uip.

It shouldn't be.

If you keep your CC abilities running, it's not just the console that's not getting hit, but also your Frame.

Some Efficiency, plus Zenurik / Energize / whatnot, and you can happily spam away.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

It shouldn't be.

ok let me explain, outside of steelpath I have my goto unlimited energy build, dethcube + energy generator+ arcane energize = unlimited energy, I don't even have to drop a pad at the start of the mission.

take that same setup into steel path is kind of inconsistent, even if I drop an energy pad I end up using more energy than I get back or I get drained and can't recover.

Nezah on steel path I find that I have to constantly refresh halo and when my shields are low I have to use his main CC to let me shields recharge else I find I can die from the damage while the halo is still up!

protea steel path is just manic! constantly having to shield watch staring at the top right corner, spamming 1 to get my shields refreshed, spamming 2 to get my turrets up, staring bottom right to watch my energy spamming 3 to keep the dispenser down, focusing on nothing but trying to keep everything up and while I do this the console dies.

I got to wonder if the damage reduction nerfs are coming into play or if its just because I am hitting a higher level on the path

Try Glooming up your Protea and casting it with 3 "power bars" (yeah, sounds a bit silly to me too, but I had to look at her wiki for the correct term) to utilize her  additive 100% Ability Strength bonus. 

I replaced her 4 with it. You'll get an (almost) Cataclysm-level slow without the drawbacks (of not being able to shoot beyond your sphere of influence). Just a [stretch] is enough, imo, so you keep large enough area slowed, but personal enough that you can quickly move a bit if the target needs to be at normal speed (Liches and Sisters recharging after downing) without needing to deactivate the ability.

This slows Acolytes too, just keep your distance so they can't nullify it (can't remember which Acolyte does this).

Gloom is easy to sustain on Protea due to her Dispensary. And you need to cast it only once, just at the right "power bar" sequence to get the additional power for the super-slow-Gloom. And if you need just the normal cc of it, cast it at any other time.

Edited by (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

This slows Acolytes too, just keep your distance so they can't nullify it (can't remember which Acolyte does this).

Violence casts short range Silence that disables all abilities, including destroying summonable clones.

From what I remember I did it either with max range Vauban with beam weapon to kill Nullies or Nyx Chaosing and sitting on top of console with max range Assimilate.

15 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I did this with a 300% power strength wisp motes healing it but enemies killed the console.

I did this with a DR trinity and they killed the console (I can't see that trinitys 4 is even healing it ? it remember it used to work on objectives same as it did on warframes ?)

I did this with nezha with his 50% damage reduction halo on the console and they killed the console despite spamming his ultimate and breach!

I tried this with protea spamming turrets and yeah they killed the console.

I have subsumed Mirage's weapon damage buff and have it over 400% weapon damage, I can quite happily kills stuff as fast as I can see it !!

I even tried with a nuke frame and while I am nuking enemies, enough of them get though to kill the target!

Appears those consoles are made out of dough because I blink and they die every time.

any suggestions ?

Zephyr. Use 3, stand on console for bullet and projectiles immunity for you and console. High range will also protect from rocket explosions. Press and hold 4 somewhere nearby, stationary tornadoes will suck all nearby enemies, so no melee ones will get into your safe zone. 

10 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Nezah on steel path I find that I have to constantly refresh halo and when my shields are low I have to use his main CC to let me shields recharge else I find I can die from the damage while the halo is still up! 

Make sure you have Adaptation. Common damage types will quickly stack so they will only slowly chip your shields inside Halo. So, when bombard nukes hit they should be stopped by shield gating. 

11 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Nezha [...] protea

Alas, neither of these would be my go-to choice for Steel Path, let alone Solo Aten
(unless, as was suggested, you added a high-Range Gloom to Protea maybe, or I guess have a high-Range 4 spam Nezha setup).

I find a "proper" CC Frame / build (also staying mobile to evade shots) makes Steel Path so much easier than just relying on face tanking everything.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

you might not like it - your current gear level is too low for Steel Path

this is my current goto kit gun, I had to remove the exillus mod due to galvanized mod taking up so much capacity and I don't yet have a complete arcane, I was just clearing the path hoping to max it along the way. it melts enemies !

unknown.png

riven is 84.4% cold 43% damage to  infested and +154.4% crit chance cost of -64.7 zoom open to feedback on it.

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

neither of these would be my go-to choice for Steel Path, let alone Solo Aten

oh . . . well I have a bunch of warframes I usually stick to ones I at least semi enjoy, example I can't stand limbo but he would be the goto cheese defense

4 hours ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

have Adaptation

I have that on my nezha build usually takes 2 halos to ramp up but then its good.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

Try Glooming up your Protea

this is what I am going to try next, thanks for the suggestion

Edited by _Anise_

21 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

It seems pretty obvious that if the console taking damage is the problem then the solution is NOT you killing better/faster.  There are oodles of ways in the game for you to protect objects or distract enemies or CC entire tiles.  Any one of them should be easy mode.

Limbo, Frost, Gara, Vauban, Nova, Octavia, Titania, etc, etc.  Remember that in a mobile defense you succeed while killing zero enemies as long as you protect the objective.

• Like 1

Okay, so there are many different ways to solve a quandary, and in Warframe a lot of different tools and methods as solutions. Its why each of our answers will be a bit different, and eventually when you do beat this mission, you'll have your own take and generalised advice. 

So take what I say next with a grain of salt, but... I feel like you might be focusing too much on defending the console/killing the enemy. When you could probably get a lot of success and value out of CC and personal survival. I soloed Steel Path, and one odd overall play style adaption I ended up making, was taking off a lot of my health and defensive mods etc for more range, etc and I forced myself to be more mobile, jump and bounce around more, not be as trigger happy (especially if an enemy is CCed) pick my targets better and so on. 

Like with Nezha for example, you might be better off removing the Warding Halo augment (assuming you are using that for the Console) and going with more range and duration, then instead of spamming it... just using it and keeping enemies stuck and prioritising enemies with your weapons that aren't affected. A fast firing secondary for popping Nullifier Bubbles, and something like the Proboscis Cernos for more CC and its a weapon thats easy to use jumping everywhere etc Thats one possible solution. 

Vauban is one I personally used a lot for solo SP. Build wasn't that great for killing outright, lots of range, duration and strength (strength affects how many targets will be suspended) - zero health, armour, damage mitigation mods, (also good weapons, Vortex bundling up enemies makes killing fast) but in Mobile Defence, Interception, Excavation etc killing fast isn't as important as defending/keeping objectives safe. Another possible solution. 

I think its important to use Warframe's you personally enjoy though, so the Warframe's you like more, with some build tweaking could probably do it and it sound like you are getting closer with Nezha (or whichever Frame you used when you almost beat mission) and maybe its just more experience you need. 

Good luck!!

Posted (edited)

just update to say that gloom protea worked perfect !

3 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

laughs in khora

slap resonator on her

what ability did you replace ?

Edited by _Anise_

11 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

this is my current goto kit gun, I had to remove the exillus mod due to galvanized mod taking up so much capacity and I don't yet have a complete arcane, I was just clearing the path hoping to max it along the way. it melts enemies !

unknown.png

See this feeds directly into what I was saying about improving your gear/focus/arsenal/knowledge. I tell you that and you show me a gun, tell me why are you trying to kill enemies in Mobile Defense? What do you think you can possibly gain from doing so? Observe and learn, did this look hard to do? Did I have to kill?

• Like 2

Yup, as @-CdG-Zilchy says, nodes like Mobile Defence and Rescue theres no actual need to kill anything and still complete the mission, and theres loads of ways of going about this.

In my case, my go to is max duration Limbo. Chuck up a bubble and stasis and laugh at your enemies. The only thing you need to do is watch out for nullies, but you can usually spot them from a way away and all I do is make a vertical jump so I'm out of my bubble for a second and fire miter at them to destroy their bubble.

Enemies don't usually get time to hit me and even if they do I'm out, done and back in my bubble before my shield gate lapses.

Edited by Butterfly85
  • Like 1