The Shark themed Warframe

LegOmniverse

Ripper; Maw of the Deep

A warframe concept created to by the signature unlock for an open world level on Uranus, similar to Gara in Cetus, or Yareli in Orb Valis

Pieces of him are obtained through out the mission you gain on arrival "Jaws of the Beast", unlocking him during it and are required to use him during the last few objectives

He specializes in tanking and ability damage, gaining a stacking mechanic similar to Saryn and Nidus

He suffers from low sprint speed, but makes up for it with his second Ability, Dive, in which he dives in to the ground and swims through it like water, gaining sprint speed, making him slow on land, but highly mobile in water

_____

Health: - 425 (1700 at LvL 30)
Shields: - 0
Armor: - 300
Energy: - 150 (250 at LvL 30)
Sprint Speed: - 0.85

_____

Passive:

Each time Ripper kills a Target with Bite, he gains a stack of Carnivore, increasing his health by 50, and armor by 10

He can gain up to 100 Stacks of Carnivore, every 10 stacks grants him 15% Ability Strength

If he suffers from fatal damage with at least 10 stacks of Carnivore, those stacks will be lost and Ripper will Dive, becoming invulnerable to damage as he regenerates 100% of his health over 3 seconds

When entering a body of Water or Liquids, Ripper will Dive and begin swimming through them rather than despawning

1 - Bite

Lunge forward and bite down on a targeted enemy, dealing increasing damage the more damage they have already sustained

Lunge Range: 3m / 5m / 7m / 9m
Cost: 25 Energy
Damage: 70-140 / 140-280 / 210-420 / 280-660 Piercing (Target receives maximum damage when at or below 50% health)

Lunge Range - Increased by Ability Range
Damage - Increased by Ability Power

2 - Dive

Dive into the ground and swim through the land, gaining increased speed and a chance to dodge enemy gun fire

Colliding with an enemy while diving drags them under, dealing damage each second Ripper holds on to them

Swim Speed: 2.0 / 2.75 / 3.5 / 4.25
Dodge Chance: 40% / 50% / 60% / 70%
Cost: 20 + 10 P/Second
Damage: 35 / 70 / 105 / 140 P/0.25 Seconds

Swim Speed - Increased by Ability Range
Damage - Increased by Ability Power
Cost - Reduced By Ability Duration

3 - Chum

Ripper throws chunks of meat out in front of him which stick to enemies they hit, briefly stunning them and inflicting them with Poison

While a target is Chummed, Bite will deal increased damage and heal Ripper for a portion of it

Killing a Chummed enemy with Bite will grant Ripper 2 additional stacks of Carnivore

Cast Range: 4m/40° / 5m/50° / 6m/60° / 7m/70°
Poison Stacks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Poison / Chum Duration: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 Seconds
Stun Duration: 2 seconds
Cost: 50 Energy
Bite Damage Increase: +20% / +30% / +40% / +50%
Bite Heal: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% Damage dealt

Cast Range - Increased by Ability Range
Poison Stacks & Bite Damage Increase - Increased By Ability Power
Poison / Chum Duration & Stun Duration: - Increased by Ability Duration

4 - Breach

While Diving, Ripper will breach through the ground with immense force, knocking up enemies and dragging them with himself into the air before crashing back down and damaging them

If he's holding an enemy or enemies with Dive upon breach, he will then be able to aim glide once he reaches the apex of his leap, and throw them, dealing damage to them, and creating a burst of water that damages them further and nearby enemies

The longer the cast key is held down, the higher Ripper will leap, and the more damage he will deal upon crashing down

Leap Hight: 5m / 7m / 9m / 11m +3m / 4m / 5m / 6m P/Second
Blast Radius: 7 M
Knockup Radius: 8m / 12m / 16m / 20m
Cost: 50 Energy +20 P/Second
Crash Damage: 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 Bludgeoning +50 / 100 / 150 / 200 P/Second
Damage to Thrown Enemies: 300 / 500 / 700 / 900
Radial Damage: 500 / 750 / 1000 / 1250 Bludgeoning P/Enemy Thrown

Leap Hight, Leap Hight P/Second, Knockup Radius, & Blast Radius  - Increased by Ability Range
Crash Damage, Damage to Thrown Enemies, & Radial Damage - Increased By Ability Strength

___

Change Log:

Last Made: 9/3/2021

4 - Beach

Complete ability overhaul

8/26/2021

Base Stats:

Health Increased to 425 (Originally 350)

Health at Max Rank Increased to 1700 (Originally 1400)

Armor Increased to 300 (Originally 175)

Passive:

Now has a maximum limit for Stacks

No longer grants Ability Strength per stack

Now Grants Ability Strength every 10 stacks

Third Ability - Chum:

Now grants 2 additional stacks of Carnivore if Ripper kills a Chummed enemy with Bite

Edited by LegOmniverse
  • Like 2

Love this idea. Loving this concept. 

Stats: You said he is a tank but he has very little armor. I would increase the armor to roughly 350 at Rank 30. That way its a little more than Nidus but not quite Lavos/Atlas.

Passive: You don't have a limit on his stacks but I'm assuming its 100 so the 10% ability strength seems incredibly strong. 

His 4, Breach. This is supposed to be his "Ultimate" ability but nothing feels ultimate about it. From your description, it can only be used if you are already using his 2. I feel this ability might be better if fused with his 2 that way the 2 has something its doing when active AND when you deactivate. 

Suggestion:

Passive:  Instead of killing enemies with Bite, make it any enemy killed while "Chummed". This way you can stack a little easier. Then you cap it a +100-150% ability strength. That way you can easily hit a big strength number without getting crazy. and keep stacking his armor and health afterwards until you hit 100 stacks. 

Make his 4 work with his Carnivore stacks. Nidus has that big area of effect he does that expel stacks. That wouldn't work exactly for your tanky shark concept here but instead, have him expel stacks to gain something. My personal suggestion is you counter his slow speed. Expel 25 stacks to go into a "Frenzy" that increases sprint speed and bite damage. This way you can keep stacking while in Frenzy mode and it makes it easier to upkeep the stacks you lost. 

Side Note:

Augment: Nidus has an augment that increases his stacks to 200 but makes his undying condition have a cooldown. You can add something similar to this where you can go up to 200 stacks but instead of regenerating over 3 seconds, its 10 seconds. 

• Like 2

Makes me think of the carnivorous fish concept me and others have made. Hopefully if enough people push for it, DE will consider it. 

Warframes don’t exactly have mouths that actually bite. Not even Grendel. So I’m picturing some crazy animation where the frames creates like a giant energy shark jaw. 

When a dude made a fat frame concept way before the announcement of Grendel being in the making, he wanted it to be an actual chewing animation. I suggested the whole opening up and sucking them into some vortex that Grendel ended up having. I figured that was closer to what they would do, and it turned out I was right. 

Only way I picture this frame opening a real mouth is if it either had a large head, which would be unique as no frame has a large head. Or it takes on a new form similar to multiple frames where it does have a large mouth similar to Grendel’s stomach. 

Which leads to what I picture for its fourth ability. Where it turns into a giant land shark that charges forward eating everything in its path while enemies try to flee in fear. Using the slide will cause it to dive into the ground, then press jump to dive out. Pressing the slide in mid air will cause him to dive back in. 

Would be a unique animation if doing so will cause enemies to lose their limbs and practically crawl on the floor if they don’t die from the abilities. Causing them to suffer extreme bleeding by puncture and slash proc that never ends. 

Just my opinion though. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-08-10 at 1:05 PM, (XBOX)Grimdark Dom said:

Stats: You said he is a tank but he has very little armor. I would increase the armor to roughly 350 at Rank 30. That way its a little more than Nidus but not quite Lavos/Atlas.

I increased his armor, Health at level 1, and at max rank, hopefully that'll make him more of a tank

Passive: You don't have a limit on his stacks but I'm assuming its 100 so the 10% ability strength seems incredibly strong. 

__

Passive:  Instead of killing enemies with Bite, make it any enemy killed while "Chummed". This way you can stack a little easier. Then you cap it a +100-150% ability strength. That way you can easily hit a big strength number without getting crazy. and keep stacking his armor and health afterwards until you hit 100 stacks. 

I altered his passive a bit as well; gave him a stack limit and made it so he gains ability strength ever 10 stacks instead of for each stack

Though, I don't think I'll be making it grant stacks for Only killing Chummed enemies, if I did, then he'd Only be able to gain stacks by killing Them, which would then make his passive useless until he reached third rank

I will how ever make it so killing a Chummed enemy with Bite grants additional stacks, that way he can get more faster

His 4, Breach. This is supposed to be his "Ultimate" ability but nothing feels ultimate about it. From your description, it can only be used if you are already using his 2. I feel this ability might be better if fused with his 2 that way the 2 has something its doing when active AND when you deactivate. 

___

Make his 4 work with his Carnivore stacks. Nidus has that big area of effect he does that expel stacks. That wouldn't work exactly for your tanky shark concept here but instead, have him expel stacks to gain something. My personal suggestion is you counter his slow speed. Expel 25 stacks to go into a "Frenzy" that increases sprint speed and bite damage. This way you can keep stacking while in Frenzy mode and it makes it easier to upkeep the stacks you lost. 

I also agree with you on this, having his ability gain bonuses based on number of Carnivore stacks would be a good idea, only problem is I'm not sure what to make his 4th ability if not this.

If you have ideas for that though, feel free to suggest them.

Edited by LegOmniverse

• 2 months later...

Really liking the idea of a Shark themed warframe. Just a question for you though: Have you ever played the game “Maneater” where you get to play as a bullshark? Figured I would ask since a game like that might give you a bit of inspiration for your creation.

Nonetheless. Good show, the possibility of a sharkframe is plausible.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-15 at 7:34 PM, (XBOX)Skullstachio said:

Really liking the idea of a Shark themed warframe. Just a question for you though: Have you ever played the game “Maneater” where you get to play as a bullshark? Figured I would ask since a game like that might give you a bit of inspiration for your creation.

Nonetheless. Good show, the possibility of a sharkframe is plausible.

Great game 💙 took me back to Jaws Unleashed