Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should hounds count as sentinel?

LordSky00

I have a veiled riven challenged that calls for finding "15 syndicate medallions with an active sentinel present". So I brought my hound from the sisters of parvos into the syndicate mission. I found all 8 of the medallions but it did count for the riven challenge. Should it? The hounds occupies the same area of the ship as my "floaty" sentinels do.

1 minute ago, LordSky00 said:

I have a veiled riven challenged that calls for finding "15 syndicate medallions with an active sentinel present". So I brought my hound from the sisters of parvos into the syndicate mission. I found all 8 of the medallions but it did count for the riven challenge. Should it? The hounds occupies the same area of the ship as my "floaty" sentinels do.

It must be a Sentinel. 

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

It must be a Sentinel. 

This.  Sentinels, MOAs and Hounds are all Robotics, which are Companions.  Since your riven specifically asks for a Sentinel, it has to be a Sentinel and not another Robotic or Companion.

The only thing most Sentinels and Hounds have in common is the robotic aspect. Hounds are mostly robotic Kubrows. They are given access to link mods and other things Sentinels don't get to use in addition to their behavior being that of a Kubrow and not a Sentinel.

The portion of the orbiter they occupy isn't specific to Sentinels, but for robotics, given it wouldn't make sense for them to share the space Kavats/Kubrows do. The MOAs also appear in the same spot that Sentinels and Hounds do.

Companions/pets are divided into robotic and beast.

Robotic are divided into moa , hound and sentinel.

Beast are divided into kubrow , kavat , helminth charger, vulpaphyla, predasite.

So sentinel is not the same as a hound.

Of course , considering DEs spaghetti code it may just be an oversight.

Archived