Jump to content

When did your progress hit a wall in warframe?


Ariel19_98
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have been wondering this for a lil while. I see so many people reaching end-game levels of power with certain weapon builds and warframes, being able to delete enemies well over level 100 without much, if any difficulty at all. Not out of jealousy, I feel there is a huge chasm between them and me as I compare what I can do. So I wonder: When, in your warframe hours, has the game become a wall which you can't climb over due to how much effort is required?

In my case, i started feeling this when missions started reaching around level 50+, where I would spend more time running past the enemies than trying to kill them, since they were so hard to survive against, even with frames with big resistances (Valkyr Prime in my case). After Gara released, the only warframe I've been able to acquire was Garuda, and every warframe whose parts drop from a boss have only been a dream, specially BIG bosses like the Orb Mother, who required a LOT to reach. The game just became a wall of difficulty, and acquiring mods, frames and weapons that CAN do that would take so long that it kills the wish to improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the moment 100 is around the level that, while I can kill them, I can’t easily overkill them on my PC account that I’m playing.

What do your fights with level 50s look like? I find I have to damage-and-move quite often and don’t have much chance to really lay down constant damage on a single target before I need to reposition and sort of spread the damage out among multiple targets. Melee is kind of amazing but it’s also really high-risk

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

At the moment 100 is around the level that, while I can kill them, I can’t easily overkill them on my PC account that I’m playing.

What do your fights with level 50s look like? I find I have to damage-and-move quite often and don’t have much chance to really lay down constant damage on a single target before I need to reposition and sort of spread the damage out among multiple targets. Melee is kind of amazing but it’s also really high-risk

My fights against level 50s most often can be shortened by this sentence "Okay, I'm dealing damage and WAIT WHAT KILLED ME?! I was at over 800 health!". Its simply life that most of the time. While I mostly main Valkyr and such, even with over 1000 armor, and a decent amount of health, I feel like I get one shot the moment an enemy isn't being looked at, specially if they are a heavy gunner, can inflict slash or toxin procs, or generally spawn too much. While I get that valkyr isn't meant to clear large crews (that's why I use arca plasmor through and through), I feel like if I am not in Hysteria 24/7, I'll die immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

My fights against level 50s most often can be shortened by this sentence "Okay, I'm dealing damage and WAIT WHAT KILLED ME?! I was at over 800 health!". Its simply life that most of the time. While I mostly main Valkyr and such, even with over 1000 armor, and a decent amount of health, I feel like I get one shot the moment an enemy isn't being looked at, specially if they are a heavy gunner, can inflict slash or toxin procs, or generally spawn too much. While I get that valkyr isn't meant to clear large crews (that's why I use arca plasmor through and through), I feel like if I am not in Hysteria 24/7, I'll die immediately.

Cool cool.

Hmm, I get where you’re coming from. The burst damage if everyone is shooting at me can get kind of nuts and feel like insta-kill. Usually I can’t figure out what’s hitting me if I’m surrounded, so I tend to get out of the middle whenever possible and try to reduce the directions I get shot from. Sometimes that means running away from everything briefly and sometimes that means that the defense target gets shot up a bit, but it’s a lot tougher than I am (I don’t really bother with survival mods until level 80-ish except maybe Rapid Resilience, which is an amazing little mod, and/or element specific ones like Lightning Rod or Flame Repellent)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

🤔 Come to think of it the level 100 thing isn’t so much a wall as it is “I just can’t easily overpower it”. I mostly fight things on their level so it’s not a problem that I’m not overpowering my opponents easily

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ariel19_98 said:

 When, in your warframe hours, has the game become a wall which you can't climb over due to how much effort is required?

No clue in hours, but when you hit a point where your kill speed can't keep up with enemy spawns or allow you to do what needs to be done, then you've failed a gear check. 

This will require grinding to enhance your gear so you can get past whatever's holding you up. That means mod farming, ranking up said mods, and maybe acquiring some new weapons.

Mod depth is absolutely critical. If you don't have necessary base mods, you're going to struggle. Nightmare and corrupted mods are also important and need to be obtained. 

Once you have the mods you need, then those must be ranked up. Max or 80% of max for 10 rank mods should be your priority. That means credit and endo farming and lots of it. 

See the trend here? Drop down in difficulty and farm, farm, farm to get stuff you need and enhance what you have or just got. That's fundamental to ARPGs in general and WF is no exception. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thread.

 

For me it was around lv40+ enemies, so we're not far off.

I also remember how every missions turned into metal gear: how to finish the missions without attracting attention from the enemies so they won't kill me.

Enemies was scary at that point.

 

But then i started buying and maxing primed mods from baro, they start to make a difference.

I learned about proper build by copying "meta" builds from youtubers. Kronen prime and all those good stuff. Then i start applying the builds to weapons that i actually have fun using. I start noticing how those mods works with each other.

That's how i learned to make good builds that works for me, not just blindly copying stuff from overframe or youtubers, without understanding how to use it. I started to understand, feel, and appreciate what each and every single mods in those 8 slots actually do.

Because i already know what i want in those slots, i learned why potatoes and formas are important. They're tools that'll allow you to create the builds YOU want. It's not just matter of "more formas = better".

At that point i have finished normal starchart, done sorties and all those good stuff, then i started sp, and enemies are just jokes. I was so sacred at enemies, i overbuild by a lot.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-10 at 4:32 AM, Soy77 said:

Great thread.

 

For me it was around lv40+ enemies, so we're not far off.

I also remember how every missions turned into metal gear: how to finish the missions without attracting attention from the enemies so they won't kill me.

Enemies was scary at that point.

 

But then i started buying and maxing primed mods from baro, they start to make a difference.

I learned about proper build by copying "meta" builds from youtubers. Kronen prime and all those good stuff. Then i start applying the builds to weapons that i actually have fun using. I start noticing how those mods works with each other.

That's how i learned to make good builds that works for me, not just blindly copying stuff from overframe or youtubers, without understanding how to use it. I started to understand, feel, and appreciate what each and every single mods in those 8 slots actually do.

Because i already know what i want in those slots, i learned why potatoes and formas are important. They're tools that'll allow you to create the builds YOU want. It's not just matter of "more formas = better".

At that point i have finished normal starchart, done sorties and all those good stuff, then i started sp, and enemies are just jokes. I was so sacred at enemies, i overbuild by a lot.

Seeing what you wrote, it makes me realize that I might be focusing too much on the difficult of things rather than how to overcome them. Acquiring primed mods and such isn't undoable, neither is learning how and what to build. I CAN deck my Valkyr Prime and Arca Plasmor for endgame and such, it is just the grind that dismays me from taking on such task, seeing the millions of credits, thousands of Endo, and tons of resources to farm. Greatest disappointment was when I finished the Family quest from Cambrion Drift only to learn that I would have to grind more to unlock the infested chair, rather than just earning it after all I went through. Sure, content is good, but content behind so much grind is...well, a wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Seeing what you wrote, it makes me realize that I might be focusing too much on the difficult of things rather than how to overcome them. Acquiring primed mods and such isn't undoable, neither is learning how and what to build. I CAN deck my Valkyr Prime and Arca Plasmor for endgame and such, it is just the grind that dismays me from taking on such task, seeing the millions of credits, thousands of Endo, and tons of resources to farm. Greatest disappointment was when I finished the Family quest from Cambrion Drift only to learn that I would have to grind more to unlock the infested chair, rather than just earning it after all I went through. Sure, content is good, but content behind so much grind is...well, a wall.

i just made a reply in another thread about how "zooming in" is much more beneficial than seeing the big picture.

when i wanted to beat an eidolon, i learned that i need to build a good amp. and to do that, i need to build standings with cetus AND solaris. i still remember learning about farming toroids, so i farmed those day in day out. at that point i already forgot that i wanted to hunt an eidolon.
which was good. because little that i know at that time, that good amp alone won't cut it. i proceeded to learn about farming platinums so i can build volt prime, rubico prime, AND redeemer prime. if you think i hunted eidolon after i got those, you'll be disappointed, after that i still had to farmed bullet dance for weeks.

when i finally ready to hunt an eidolon, i already forgot that i wanted to hunt them. i've done so many things, for so long, the finish line wasn't even tasted like a finish line. which is a good thing, because we play warframe to feel happy during all the time we play it, not just for the one moment when we reach the finish line.

 

i always ask myself, what do i want to do now? subsuming abilities?
that's good. how do we do that? 
we need to buy it from son. okay, so i will need to grind for coins. 
at that moment, my interest wouldn't be to subsume abilities anymore. i will be 100% dedicated on collecting family tokens. i will just learn and fish on one day, doing conservation on other day, or even just go around deimos mining and collecting resources. zooming in to the simpler tasks makes it easier to achieve them. zooming out to see the big picture will only show you countless tasks to learn and do, which will discourage even those with the strongest will.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got great difficulty getting past enemies level 40-50. Mainly coz it takes me plenty of time to kill one enemy and there's rarely anything I one shot, melee or gun damage. In open worlds it's even worse, coz I literally feel like every single enemy past level 40 goes toe to toe with me and in missions I constantly find myself escaping to operator form to survive. If I'm asked to play a level 50 mission without switching, I'd pretty surely be dead 4 times in the first 2 minutes. Besides survivability, dealing damage is another pain. It's basically insurmountable atm and I'm working on another thing that I find has a major roadblock to my progress and something that is taking a lot of time and a lot of effort to actually proceed with. Standings. Just barely reached deimos standing level 5 and not with the easy way. Everyone says it's farming mother token to exchange but i can't survive past level 35-40 enemies in deimos and especially the big ones. Now next is fortuna, coz turns out I need to max standing that on order to level up another standing. Fun. (Especially for a guy who barely beats normal mode void phase 4 missions)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ToxicBronze said:

levle 80+ stuff is just horrible to fight and take to long to kill other than sentients 

I don't know what you are using but to me lvl 80 are cannon fodder .

 

23 hours ago, ToxicBronze said:

 I can't beat deadlock so if anyone wants to help with that I would be greatfull.

Are you talking about Parvos specters ? 

You have to use Xoris , I suggest watching glaive guide if you don't how to use glaive detonate as its the mechanic that is used to kill specters and Protea specter in grannum void .

Edited by bad4youLT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ToxicBronze said:

I know how to I just suck at the boss fight and I feel more people would get it done better.

The fight is very easy , you have to fully charge your Xoris first , then down one of Proteas health gates , once she is in her time reverse stage you have to use charged Xoris on her , repeat whole process two more times and you're done .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Early on? T4 void, specifically Aten. Didnt know about void damage modifiers, or Corrupted Vor existing, so to do a mobile defence and barely surviving because damage boosted enemies, and then that joker shows up to pooptalk before one shotting the console was a rude welcoming. 

Eventually got my head around modding, avoiding/mitigating damage, what frames excelled in what mission etc. 

Nowadays its endless survival and tridolons that I struggle with.

Endless missions because I get bored and check out after an hour and tridolons because I have a sensory meltdown because of all the crap flying about on screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-19 at 8:42 AM, bad4youLT said:

The fight is very easy , you have to fully charge your Xoris first , then down one of Proteas health gates , once she is in her time reverse stage you have to use charged Xoris on her , repeat whole process two more times and you're done .

yeah I got it done now, got to farm primes again which is just dull.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-07 at 11:12 PM, Ariel19_98 said:

When, in your warframe hours, has the game become a wall which you can't climb over due to how much effort is required?

I guess it depends on what you mean by effort?  I've definitely hit numerous walls in my journey, but I have yet to find one I can't climb.  All of the walls I've ever ran into in Warframe were able to be solved by doing research, which lead me to solutions I wouldn't have known enough on my own to figure out.

I remember having difficulty killing enemies, and doing research that lead me to farm the Twin Gremlins which helped.  And when those started to flag, I did more research and got myself a Hek.  After that I never had trouble killing.  Except for bosses.  There are some bosses that I have no idea how you'd beat without a guide due to their unintuitive invincibility mechanics, like Lech Kril.  Certainly looked a few of those up!

I think that's all my walls.  But also, I haven't stopped educating myself.  I watch pretty much every Brozime video as well as a video here and there from folks like Shy and TacticalPotato, and by doing that I've accumulated a wealth of knowledge about all the mechanics of Warframe.  Without all of that, I wouldn't be nearly as effective as I am at the game.  Reflexes don't mean a whole lot if you don't know how to build and use a weapon.

It's also probably worth mentioning that I play almost exclusively multiplayer, which I think makes just about anything easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-08 at 8:12 AM, Ariel19_98 said:

Have been wondering this for a lil while. I see so many people reaching end-game levels of power with certain weapon builds and warframes, being able to delete enemies well over level 100 without much, if any difficulty at all. Not out of jealousy, I feel there is a huge chasm between them and me as I compare what I can do. So I wonder: When, in your warframe hours, has the game become a wall which you can't climb over due to how much effort is required?

In my case, i started feeling this when missions started reaching around level 50+, where I would spend more time running past the enemies than trying to kill them, since they were so hard to survive against, even with frames with big resistances (Valkyr Prime in my case). After Gara released, the only warframe I've been able to acquire was Garuda, and every warframe whose parts drop from a boss have only been a dream, specially BIG bosses like the Orb Mother, who required a LOT to reach. The game just became a wall of difficulty, and acquiring mods, frames and weapons that CAN do that would take so long that it kills the wish to improve.

Effort is when you are afraid to die not when its hard to kill
For me treasurer is hard to kill if im not prepared but does it takes my effort to actually fight him?
Think about it for a moment

And as what you wrote you have very bad approach
I cant tell you how you should play your game since its up to you
But if you want to get job done 1st prepare your tools then start doing the work

STEP BY STEP dont try to complete 1 huge thing in 1 day
Get 1 BP of weapon that will do the work per day or 1 mod that you will need for that weapon per day or hell a warframe bp
Eventually your effort will pay off

Then you will be like us
We dont ask what levels enemies are or what faction or what condition mission have
We just ask what mission type it is we pick 1 loadout pre made for that type of mission and we just go 
1zcccP.gif

But before that just as you and any1 else we started as 

angry-mad.gif

And for me steel path ropalolyst is something that i in fact need to put some effort in
I die on that SP alert yet i know i wont fail because 6 revives but it takes much longer than it should and i need to stress my butt to make this alert as fast as possible

Edited by ZeroX4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Then you will be like us
We dont ask what levels enemies are or what faction or what condition mission have
We just ask what mission type it is we pick 1 loadout pre made for that type of mission and we just go 
1zcccP.gif

Not everyone plays like this 👍(though it can be fun and chill at times)

I’ll probably have everything and still tailor my build to a fight and its level

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Not everyone plays like this 👍(though it can be fun and chill at times)

I’ll probably have everything and still tailor my build to a fight and its level

What is hard in understanding 2 simple facts

1 OP said "them"
2 I referred to them as "us"

And now you come and introduce "everyone"?

Seems not "everyone" understand simple words/references

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

What is hard in understanding 2 simple facts

1 OP said "them"
2 I referred to them as "us"

And now you come and introduce "everyone"?

Seems not "everyone" understand simple words/references

Whoops, you’re absolutely right. When you said “We”, I was reminded that I’d responded in this topic, so I thought I was included.

I’m inclined to be not-so-polite at the moment, but I can’t deny I was in the wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...