i'll call it now: warframe mobile have the potential to be the next BIGGEST GAME EVER

Soy77

imma admit it now, i'm a mobile peasant in my spare time. i'm sorry fellow master race and console regal brothers, it's just who i am, i like tech gadgets, so i play games on all of them.
but luckily, it made me awfully familiar with the mentalities around those part of gaming communities.

what they want are beautiful triple-A looking, console quality 3D games, that costs zero money. maximum profit, minimum investment.
that's why we can easily draw lines between the most popular mobile games right now: fortnite, pubgm, codm, genshin impact, valorant, etc. there are only a handful of these games right now.
sure every once in a while we'll get wildly successful titles with much lower graphical qualities like among us, but let's ignore it just this once. They're the exception not the rule.

another easy parallels that we can draw is that majority of mobile gamers are not conservative gamers who own monster PC rigs and latest powerhouse next gen consoles.
they're dying to jump on famous titles that they've been hearing since forever in gaming conversations. "THE call of duty?? sure i'm in!!!". regardless that in console communities, CoD is actually more notorious as a game for toxic toddlers with their high pitch screaming on vc.

==============

with all those facts combined, IF somehow DE managed to hit the sweet spot minimum spec to run warframe on many phones, not just phones that are packing 5nm snapdragon 888+
i believe that people will line up through winters and summers to download this game from the appstore. i mean let's face it, warframe does look pretty gorgeous for mobile standards. it's a proper 3D game with triple-A looking qualities. it have everything, character customizations, account progression, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy friendlier business models than every other free games on mobile.  it's also not a PVP game (conclave wut?), which basically just opens up a whole new market segment in mobile gaming.

sure, there are plenty of things that will affect how mobile gamers will react. but just from quantity alone, this is probably the most contents a game developer will give for free on a mobile game. performance wise, i believe warframe mobile have the potential to be THE GAME that every tech reviewers on planet earth will download when they review new phones to test the phone's performances.
right now that title is arguably held by genshin impact, but i can see warframe easily kick genshin off that throne. just like genshin right now, warframe mobile have the potential to be a game that everyone who have smartphone have heard or will inevitably hear.

==============

whaddaya think? i have some proper points? or i'm absolutely wrong, stupid, and you will personally attack me, my intelligence, my way of life, my family, my whole ancestry, just for having that idea? probably throw some insults just to emphasize how stupid i am?

are you ready to be doing cross-play with some mobile peasants? if you think warframe pubs is bad now, woo hoow! you'll absolutely love when us mobile peasants invade your precious pubs!

what phone are you using right now? what's the chipset in it? will you give warframe mobile a go when it come out?

One thing for sure is I don't need to boot up my computer just to play so I can lay down on my bed playing warframe after 8 - 5 work schedule. And seeing how light warframe is even on high, that might be one tech benchmark for games to not require that much power just to play. Games that require strong gig doesn't always mean it's good, I see it as not optimized enough

Warframe Mobile wont have a Gacha/Lootbox and that's where mobile games make most of their revenue and the appeal of anime games are far greater than Warframe.

EDIT: will it be popular, probably but the next big thing. No.

Personally I'm not interested in the slightest at playing warframe on a small screen.... actually I don't think I've played any game on my phone in the last 10 years.

I'm not even interested in the switch full stop, which is essentially a 'modified phone', or the upcoming steam deck which is a 'handheld games pc' and in all honesty the switch seems to struggle with a lot of the game still so there would need to be a LOT of optimisations etc.

16 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

One thing for sure is I don't need to boot up my computer just to play so I can lay down on my bed playing warframe after 8 - 5 work schedule. And seeing how light warframe is even on high, that might be one tech benchmark for games to not require that much power just to play. Games that require strong gig doesn't always mean it's good, I see it as not optimized enough

actually genshin is one of those game that awkwardly sits in between actually a heavy game, and not optimized enough.
kinda like AC odyssey for PC gamers on 2019-2020.

but it successfully carved the path for the game to every reviews on youtube. at that point i believe the devs would just be swimming in free promotion and said goodbye to optimizing their game more.

but yeah i can see myself doing one or two NW challenges on the toilet 🤣 

20 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Warframe Mobile wont have a Gacha/Lootbox and that's where mobile games make most of their revenue and the appeal of anime games are far greater than Warframe.

EDIT: will it be popular, probably but the next big thing. No.

i have to admit that warframe does have a quite polarizing aesthetic appeal, and i conveniently left that fact out on my post

probably i'm just banking on warframe's triple-A visuals to carry the game despite its weird design language. 
i mean... aside from genshin, popular anime games on mobile are bleach, dragon ball, SAO, yugioh... those are what we call "lazy licensed games" back in the days, but mobile market eats them anyway. they'll definitely prioritize free over actual genres. 

very safe opinion, mate 👍 let's wait and see where it goes

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Personally I'm not interested in the slightest at playing warframe on a small screen.... actually I don't think I've played any game on my phone in the last 10 years.

I'm not even interested in the switch full stop, which is essentially a 'modified phone', or the upcoming steam deck which is a 'handheld games pc' and in all honesty the switch seems to struggle with a lot of the game still so there would need to be a LOT of optimisations etc.

you sound like me 5 years ago 🤣 not an insult, i swear!

it's perfectly fine to have gaming preferences. console gamers need to have comfy couch and wireless controllers, pc gamers need racing seats and a control center. sadly some of us play handhelds on toilets and public trains

i can totally understand where you're coming from, more power to you, brother!

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I couldn't imagine playing this on a touch screen...though I'm sure unga-bunga melee builds would make it easier.

they use these stuff:

moga-hero-power-best-android-controllers

but yeah constantly packing one of these would be inconvenience if the main idea is to have warframe "on the go"

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

they use these stuff:

moga-hero-power-best-android-controllers

but yeah constantly packing one of these would be inconvenience if the main idea is to have warframe "on the go"

The ironic thing is the Switch is still more portable than that despite its size.

I think it will open the door for alot of players around the world. Since having a gaming consol or pc aint to common. 

But now days most people have smart phones. And with the amount of gameplay avalible in warframr and it lacking all the bs mobile games usually have in timegated boring grind. (sure warframe have grind but its active grind not just autoplay grind)

I think it will draw in new players

No. Its a conspiracy! It will be the final nail in the coffin for Warframe.

Tencent will disable Console and PC ports and make Mobile a Gatcha andn money making machine that leaves Clash of Clans, Candy Crush and Raid:Shadow Legends seem amateurs in comparison.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Ya know how most mobile ads are T&A, wonder if the Warframe ad will have Wisp and Saryn only

Don't forget Mesa in her chaps!  And Mirage's legs!!  And Yareli's...  Okay, I dunno what Yareli's got.  But still, Warframe's got plenty of (slightly disturbing) fan service!

@Soy77, I think Warframe can get really big on mobile, but I just don't know how they're going to pull the UI and Controls off.  Genshin Impact also has 3rd Person Action gameplay, right?  Is it actually playable on a mobile phone without a gamepad?  Or is a gamepad required?

That's funny. Really funny.

Warframe on mobile will have the same barriers to player retention that the game has on the other platforms: a fancy intro cinematic and prologue, followed by an early game that lacks guidance, has its progression interrupted by the inclusion of Plains of Eidolon, and has systems that aren't explained. In the same way that Warframe isn't the biggest game on any of the other platforms, I very much doubt it'll be the biggest game on mobile.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I wonder though, does that mean Mobile has to be given it's own class here on the forum? what if you only play on mobile? also I'm curious how it will affect future simultaneous updates, if at all. 

Well it would be logical there would be NO classes since crossplay would exist what would be the point of having pc or console player title?
Like what if i made xbox acc merged it with pc acc and now im pc player?
Guess time will tell

Just now, ZeroX4 said:

Well it would be logical there would be NO classes since crossplay would exist what would be the point of having pc or console player title?
Like what if i made xbox acc merged it with pc acc and now im pc player?
Guess time will tell

Access to and payment for Tennogen.

Yeeeeaaaah mobile players... 

It was already so rare to find half decent players on pc, now we're gonna have to deal with braindead toddler level of skill thanks to mobile,.... can't wait for this embarrasment, seeing mobile players fight off the controls to get past a doorway without dying thrice...

I hope it's at least gonna be a good financial move for DE, because that is all it's ever gonna be.

Also can't wait for an avalanche of threads demanding that x and y game system be remade with mobile in mind, because we so much needed the game to be dumbed down even more.

57 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

But still, Warframe's got plenty of (slightly disturbing) fan service!

I have grabbed some (slightly disturbing) fan service for your approval.

Player Abuse Service:

Spoiler

VJ3yp09.gif

LxNJ8VE.gif

wsgyCqx.gif 

Crazy Haut Boss Service:

Spoiler

WDubT1Z.gif

FM30ziu.gif

Clem Fan Service:

Spoiler

tUBH1YX.gif

29 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I fail to see how forum title could help with that

It's not that the title would impact that. It's that access to and payment for Tennogen would keep the different platforms kinda segregated, because you have to consider access to different marketplaces. Crossplay and cross-save will be a thing, but idk if DE will actually have only one account shared among all platforms. More than likely, it'll be separate accounts that all draw data from a central account, but for the purposes of the different platforms, it'll still be separate accounts. Specifically, I think console accounts will still technically be separate accounts due to the different marketplaces on those platforms. Either way, the issue of Tennogen and paying for it will be one issue that's a hindrance, because unless there are some restrictions to what can be cross-saved, you'll have some PC players who get Tennogen content for free by simply acquiring the content on console and then accessing it on PC, bypassing the Steam store. DE most likely won't ignore that issue, so there will still be something that actually maintains a difference between the various platforms. And if there's something that maintains a difference between the various platforms, it's unlikely that DE will get rid of the different platform tags.

That's a long way of saying that I don't think accounts on different platforms will be able to perfectly merge together.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

The ironic thing is the Switch is still more portable than that despite its size.

we also have these stuff, raging from the more compact ones, to the more ergonomic-feature packed ones with crazier designs:

Spoiler

Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Game-Handle-Contr

as you can see, peasant mobile crowds are pretty invested to gaming more than common master race crowd thought they are 😅

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Ya know how most mobile ads are T&A, wonder if the Warframe ad will have Wisp and Saryn only

lol i bet they will

in a matter of act, i starting to suspect they designed yareli SPECIFICALLY knowing that mobile warframe is coming 🤔

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I wonder though, does that mean Mobile has to be given it's own class here on the forum? what if you only play on mobile? also I'm curious how it will affect future simultaneous updates, if at all. 

i honestly believe they will at the very least need their own sub-forum

when switch gets cross-platform multiplayer games, all the other consoles would start worrying if that would hinder the games. it's totally normal to have such worries 😂

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Don't forget Mesa in her chaps!  And Mirage's legs!!  And Yareli's...  Okay, I dunno what Yareli's got.  But still, Warframe's got plenty of (slightly disturbing) fan service!

@Soy77, I think Warframe can get really big on mobile, but I just don't know how they're going to pull the UI and Controls off.  Genshin Impact also has 3rd Person Action gameplay, right?  Is it actually playable on a mobile phone without a gamepad?  Or is a gamepad required?

it's 100% playable, but as an older more conservative gamer, i cannot encourage people enough to stay clear from virtual controls. those wonky fake buttons are the bane of gaming

but yeah since warframe is 100% playable on consoles, if mobile can just use one of those bluetooth controllers i posted they'll be just as fine. i'm as interested as you are on how they'll position the virtual controls UI for people who don't use physical controllers

1 hour ago, OniDax said:

That's funny. Really funny.

Warframe on mobile will have the same barriers to player retention that the game has on the other platforms: a fancy intro cinematic and prologue, followed by an early game that lacks guidance, has its progression interrupted by the inclusion of Plains of Eidolon, and has systems that aren't explained. In the same way that Warframe isn't the biggest game on any of the other platforms, I very much doubt it'll be the biggest game on mobile.

i honestly didn't think of that, and it's a really valid opinion!

if there's one major difference between mobile and other platforms: mobile don't have that much of choices.

if we pc players say warframe is bad, yeah sure. because we compared it to masterpieces like the witcher or ffxiv. consoles have even more excellent goty in their library like tlou, gow, botw, forza, etc.
if mobile gamers want to compare warframe to the next best thing they have, i'm down. i can name some of the best games of all time in mobile, i'm sure you'll get a good chuckle: minecraft, fortnite, pokemon go, clash of clans, codm, super mario run, ffxv mobile edition, asphalt games. warframe can take any of them all day any day.
before warframe, nobody has gave mobile gamers this much content for free in history of mankind so far.

but you've brought a very valid point of view, warframe is not the most player friendly game. and it can be a potential major road block. especially for the casual mobile gamers.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

Yeeeeaaaah mobile players... 

It was already so rare to find half decent players on pc, now we're gonna have to deal with braindead toddler level of skill thanks to mobile,.... can't wait for this embarrasment, seeing mobile players fight off the controls to get past a doorway without dying thrice...

I hope it's at least gonna be a good financial move for DE, because that is all it's ever gonna be.

Also can't wait for an avalanche of threads demanding that x and y game system be remade with mobile in mind, because we so much needed the game to be dumbed down even more.

i'm REALLY hoping we can kill the trend of suggesting whatever the eff we want before the mobile masses comes in. but yeah i guess it's just a pipe dream.

warframe forums have enough toddlers and their mothers making two page essays to demand that necramechs absolutely need a cupholder and how it will fix warframe.

anyway i'm already defaults my matchmaking at solo, unless some of my friends or clanmates msg me, only then i'll switch to friend only. 
i will never ever set my matchmaking to public unless it's void fissure, and i suspect this will be the way to play the game when our casual friends from mobile floods in.

i'll probably also quit this forum by then. i can even barely stand some of you people right now 🤣 having to deal with mobile masses that gives 1 star rating and rage reviews because warframe won't run on their snapdragon 429 and 3 gigs of ram phones is my absolute nightmare

27 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

in a matter of act, i starting to suspect they designed yareli SPECIFICALLY knowing that mobile warframe is coming 🤔

That would not surprise me. I mean, DE was purchased by the penultimate mobile-games company 10¢. DE said the company would not change their creative control, but adding Warframe to the mobile platform does allow for more money (and might have been a push from them).

Even Steam (Valve?) is releasing a gameboy edition of their console!

zldN17L.gif

Warframe mobile has a lot of potential to be a really huge thing. It's a gigantic market with barely any competition for games like Warframe. There's Genshin and what else?

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yeah but then you gotta buy a Switch. If you've already got a smartphone because you're a modern human living in a modern society, then you don't need to buy anything new. My old S8 is about as well-specced as a Switch, and a $30 bluetooth gamepad is a heck of a lot cheaper than a Switch or a Steam Deck.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

also I'm curious how it will affect future simultaneous updates, if at all. 

Shouldn't have much effect at all. In my experience Google Play is 99.9999% automated and you can do pretty much whatever you want. You can launch a game on that store and push updates in an hour; a few times I've launched games on Google Play during game jams lol. Apple is a bit of a pain but for a big company ought to be quick about cert. For a nobody it's about a week or two, but I can see them assigning concierge to somebodies. Likely still faster than Sony.

Archived