Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea to Reduce Kuva Larvling Grind: Steel Meridian Weapon Vendor

Scruffel

The current Nemesis system in place, has a lot of factors of RNG to consider within it. When it comes to guessing the Requiems correctly in order, when it comes to getting the Requiem cards themselves, when it comes to getting the relics that host those cards, even all the way to what your Nemesis even has, in terms of elemental bonus percentage, a Sister's Hound, and Ephemera too. Now look, since those are contained within the system, and there are ways around it, some like Valence Fusion and the Oull card, it pains me that there is no way around the worst part of the entire system; spawning a Larvling with the Kuva weapon you want.

It's pretty obvious why I'm complaining about the former and not the Candidates for Tenet weapons. There's just way less weapons to have to cycle through. Eight weapons is NOTHING compared to NINETEEN. And this is not even considering how a weapon can appear multiple times in a row during the process. It's just painful. I wouldn't mind it as much if there was some way to influence the weapon that spawns or perhaps have a system where specific planets have a pool of weapons to choose from, but considering how taxing Kuva Liches already are, I wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't influence people to go through this entire system, 19 times, for a new weapon each time. And potentially, even more.

So that's what I am suggesting, an alternate way for anyone to get Kuva weapons, by simply having a vendor in Steel Meridian (and I guess Iron Wake) that offers them. It would be like the perfect companion to the current other Vendor; Corpus defects sell Corpus weaponry, so the Grineer defects will also sell Grineer weaponry. It could even be a similar format too, having 4 random weapons with random elements placed in the shop for sale.

In terms of access to this vendor however, since it would different to the Tenet Melees as they (currently as of posting this) require an alternate source than the Sisters to obtain them, I would say a fair trade off is to require perhaps at least the slaying of 1-3 Liches before so. But afterwards, perhaps each weapon could cost around 30-50K Kuva (could make it depend on what weapon it is to influence the price) alongside some credits and there. Problem is partially solved. Now there are two methods of obtaining Kuva weapons, and while they are all still random, it at least allows for a much lenient way to obtain them. Sure, Kuva farming would now be a new objective, but considering how Kuva can also be obtained during the Lich process (in a lot of ways actually), it wouldn't be adding much on top of it.

I understand that the reason why the Perrin Sequence Vendor exist, it was not just to add more Tenet weapons in an alternate manner, it was more to save time having to animate the Sisters to use those Melee weapons. This is why there is only one Kuva Melee, as another that wasn't of the Hammer variety would have required a new set. It's just easier to animate a single set of Primary / Secondary animations and use those over and over.

I know the same issue of constantly farming Candidates may arise in the Sisters eventually once more Tenet weapons are added, but I feel like this could be a solution towards being able to reduce the atrocious Larvling grind.

Vendors are the laziest approach to this problem and hollows out the game into a big reputation/resource farm. Larvlings can be fixed in a handful of ways, they just haven't in the last 2 years. Kuva is also a heavily inflated resource so unless the price was really high (which nobody would like), it would just replace the Larvling system altogether.

13 hours ago, Voltage said:

Vendors are the laziest approach to this problem and hollows out the game into a big reputation/resource farm. Larvlings can be fixed in a handful of ways, they just haven't in the last 2 years. Kuva is also a heavily inflated resource so unless the price was really high (which nobody would like), it would just replace the Larvling system altogether.

Agreed. Larvling/Candidate spawning sucks ass and needs an urgent redesign, but a vendor isn't the right way to go. My currently preferred approach is to give us some kind of currency for NOT converting a Larvling/Candidate with which we can eventually craft a lure and force one with the weapon we want. DE already made a similar system with the new Helminth thing, so why not here?

Archived