Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Take Away The 24 Hour Wait To Redo Mastery Rank Tests

MuricanHawtSauce

I'm not great at wallrunning, but it was such a satisfaction when I succeeded yesterday! I'm ALL in for keeping it this way. Less carebears, more challenging/stressing (in a good way) games, please. Games generally are going downhill because no one wants to alienate even the smallest audience, except for the good/hardcore gamers. All developers seem to hate those. BF3 scope glint/nacho's/minimap-skulls-on-death, anyone?

Here's to DayZ.

• 1 month later...

I finally found a forum already discussing this matter. Thank goodness. Everyone keeps saying 24 hours is good while others disagree. Pretty much it's up the the creators decisions. All I gotta say is, please lower it or something! I was thinking 6 hours. Just having to wait a day and do it again is ridiculous. Yes people say it's a rank "earned" but at the same time, how will you continually learn how to pass it, without looking online, to do it right? Neither am I saying get rid of it, even though that'd be nice but having people troll and say "oh this is bad" or "oh no don't do that." I don't care. I just want the time to be lowered. 6 hours or something. That is all.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be fine if every test worked as intended (they haven't), and this game was totally stable (it's not). I've failed mastery tests because the loadout glitch caused me to go into a test with entirely the wrong selection of gear. Other tests (like so many standardized tests) only test your ability to take that test.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on my second week on that f*ck*ing wall running exam, and still unable to finish...

I don't know how you guys define "Mastery" but as far as I know if you need to master something you need to repeat it as frequent

until you get it.

Not repeat every failure only after 24 hours... just my opinion...

I am on my second week on that f*ck*ing wall running exam, and still unable to finish...

I don't know how you guys define "Mastery" but as far as I know if you need to master something you need to repeat it as frequent

until you get it.

Not repeat every failure only after 24 hours... just my opinion...

Go practice Wallrunning, you can do this in the clan obstacle course (if you have access to one) or you can do this in regular missions. The test isn't that difficult once you master wallrunning.

I did practice at the Dojo obstacle course. But as far as I know, the wall running in the dojo obstacle course does not have that similar obstacle like third phase in the mastery exam. (I did finish the obstacle course in the dojo several times)

So in order for me to get it, I will have to do a trial and error method which was frustrating on my part because I have to wait the next day to figure out what went wrong.

I did practice at the Dojo obstacle course. But as far as I know, the wall running in the dojo obstacle course does not have that similar obstacle like third phase in the mastery exam. (I did finish the obstacle course in the dojo several times)

So in order for me to get it, I will have to do a trial and error method which was frustrating on my part because I have to wait the next day to figure out what went wrong.

I guess I'm just gifted in the wallrunning department, I always thought the wallrunning test was easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Go practice Wallrunning, you can do this in the clan obstacle course (if you have access to one) or you can do this in regular missions. The test isn't that difficult once you master wallrunning.

Stuck after like my 5th or 6th attempt at this.

The obstacle course yes does help but it doesn't teach you how to wallrun and shoot targets at the same time or go from wall to wall so in essence that section of the course is severely lacking.

The problem here is not that I am bad at wallrunning, I'm pretty alright at it, I can do it fine and yes the transitions to the vertical walls I do alright at as well.

The issue is having to hit targets at the same time. I use a controller and if you ever used a controller its hard to hold the button to wallrun and also aim with the sticks at the same time, most times I tried, I ended up falling straight down cause in the confusion I let go of the jump button. Now I am fine with wait times since obviously its a mastery test but i think that 24 hours is stretching it a bit, something like 6 or 8 hours I would fine much more reasonable (cue all the people saying '24 hours is fine') to me its not cause it leaves me steamed afterwards that not only am I facing a ludicrous test but cause it adds insult to injury but slapping a 24 hour wait period with no way to skip it or shorten it.

I don't complain often cause I like this game save for some issues I had along the way but this one of those few things I take issue with cause the wait time seems excessive to me.

Stuck after like my 5th or 6th attempt at this.

The obstacle course yes does help but it doesn't teach you how to wallrun and shoot targets at the same time or go from wall to wall so in essence that section of the course is severely lacking.

The problem here is not that I am bad at wallrunning, I'm pretty alright at it, I can do it fine and yes the transitions to the vertical walls I do alright at as well.

The issue is having to hit targets at the same time. I use a controller and if you ever used a controller its hard to hold the button to wallrun and also aim with the sticks at the same time, most times I tried, I ended up falling straight down cause in the confusion I let go of the jump button. Now I am fine with wait times since obviously its a mastery test but i think that 24 hours is stretching it a bit, something like 6 or 8 hours I would fine much more reasonable (cue all the people saying '24 hours is fine') to me its not cause it leaves me steamed afterwards that not only am I facing a ludicrous test but cause it adds insult to injury but slapping a 24 hour wait period with no way to skip it or shorten it.

I don't complain often cause I like this game save for some issues I had along the way but this one of those few things I take issue with cause the wait time seems excessive to me.

I never played with a gamepad. But if it is causing problems (and you can't change the controls) I'd recommend swicthing back to M/KB for the duration of the test. Switching from wall to wall is pretty easy, I'd recommend going to mars/mercury since there is a part of the levels that features a back and forth section.

Shooting things while wallrunning should be fairly easy since (IIRC) your character will stick to the wall without you needing to do anything.

Hopefully we don't get people screaming about nekros.  (I see too many people in various forums complain if a thread is even a week without posts)

I personally think the 24 hours is fine if you FAIL.

However, waiting 24 hours if you pass seems a bit silly to me.

One thing I would like to see changed though would be how the 24 hours works.  I'd like to see it reset at the same time daily rewards reset.  That would make more sense to me. If they did that, then they could keep it to 1 test per 24 hour period though perhaps they could give us 2 chances per reset.  (Or they could just make it so that we can get 3 retries in ALL tests (Since there are a few tests with retries and some tests with similar/harder difficulty have no retries).

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia