Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Probably first Bopp Bipp promotion thread

SMT5002

Currently we have two meme characters inspired by regular enemies and random game situations, and here comes a new one - a kuva lich named Bopp Bipp. I used search to check if there is already a thread dedicated to him, and anyway, there is the story if he's not as well-known as Clem and Prodman.

Here is the video which brought him his fame. Just a compilation of ridiculous lich names with Bopp Bipp being crowned as the funniest due to suddenly not being a sexual or toilet joke and also having the exact derpy blobfish face that Bopp Bipp should have.

So what do you think about promoting him into canon? I imagine this guy as a random boss, just like regular liches but without a requiem: you kill him three times, and he retreats. He could appear on any kuva fortress mission, being its Corrupted Vor, or in anything kuva-related, even coming instead normal liches if the game already decided that they are not going to spawn ("You thought it would be <insert the mission's lich name>, but it's ME, BOPP BIPP!") 

Why no requiem? The queen took ridiculous effort to keep Bopp Bipp by her side just because he is this funny. The question is though, should Bopp Bipp behave like comicaly serious and Vay Hek level hammy champion (RALLY, BROTHERS! I, BOPP BIPP, HAVE COME TO SAVE YOU!.. Brothers? Why are you laughing?!") or ackowledge his position as the favorite jester ("Bippity boppity, you're looting MY property!"). Also, random aspects such as weapon, abilities and resistances must be somehow managed.

So, what are your thoughts on this guy? Should he ascend into canon? And if yes, then in what way?

1 hour ago, SMT5002 said:

So, what are your thoughts on this guy? Should he ascend into canon? And if yes, then in what way?

between Clem, Vay Hek, and Kahl 175, the Grineer have spent a long time as the most memed faction. I think it's time for a corpus or infested meme, or even a sentient meme.

an example of the format could be a disturbing fact, like say, "this spider lays 5000 eggs a second" and then just a picture of Erra under it saying "Don't be afraid". I dunno, maybe it'd take off. 

Archived