Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel Wukong has a worse rep than Limbo now

-Vahagn-

Limbo tends to have a very bad rep in Warframe for being obnoxious to play with. Nowadays I've been saying more negativity towards Wukong. While I personally do not have have a bias towards Wukong or Limbo. I can understand seeing the same Warframe over and over again can rub people the wrong way, and I have been seeing more Wukong than Limbo.

The common complaints I see are that the people playing him are toxic (which is subjective), being afk and his twin getting in the way. Though I've only met two toxic Wukongs and I feel that is a fault of the player not the Warframe. I would also not say they are AFK unless they are 100% not moving. As for his twin, it killed my synthesis target once but I often forget it is even there.

As for what I actually think of Wukong and his players. I mean he does... stuff. He shoots things and cloud walks, other than that I do not see anything too crazy. I almost never see him use his stick though. The only thing I do not like about Wukong is the sound of his cloud walker ability, which I find kind of annoying. Yet I understand this is out of the player's control. I can't just ask them to stop moving fast since that is silly.

How do you feel about this?

I like Wukong

His cloud walker ability lets him Move Fast

and Unlike Volt, his Gotta Go Fast move doesn't screw up squadmates by casting on them at the same time.

and IDGAF if he's afk or not so long as his Clone is Killing.

In a Public Match, all other Tenno are just DPS boosters and aggro distractors to me. No different than Specters. Well that Clone is a literal specter. So that's helping me out.

and Reminder, we all have On-Call Crew. I can't be the only one who deploys Crew first thing Every Mission right? -everyone has a free aimbot now, not just wukong.

I have a big distaste for both Limbo and Wukongs for different reasons.

Limbos is complicated frames to have in your team, if the player doesnt know how to properly use the frame they can become a nuisance for the team, along with that there is also the dark past of Limbo's abilities which used to be even more unsupportable to play with.

As for Wukong my dislike towards it is because its a very overpowered frame after its rework, having the ability to self revive multiple times, a almost permanent lasting specter with double damage and that allows for easy afk play, a mobility skill that allows players to complete skip the whole map and a skill that grants him invulnerability.
Its so easy to acquire and became so heavily encrusted into the meta that you can easily find new players using him and ignoring the rest of the arsenal to just use weapons like the Acceltra or Bramma.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

In a Public Match, all other Tenno are just DPS boosters and aggro distractors to me. No different than Specters.

One example of the poor mentality some players with the frame develop... Kinda wish some people were forced to play solo.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

and Reminder, we all have On-Call Crew. I can't be the only one who deploys Crew first thing Every Mission right? -everyone has a free aimbot now, not just wukong.

You do know the On-Call crew only last 3 minutes and has a 10 minute cooldown right? Compared to Wukong's Twin that lasts until killed and can be recast infinitely.

I don't care what others play unless it disrupts my experience.  Wukong does the opposite of disrupt my experience, as I very, very rarely will need to revive a Wukong.  Limbo, if played poorly, slows everything down.  The only time I want to see a Limbo is when I'm doing that NW index 3 in a row challenge.

Wukong is a built-in cheat bot that auto-plays the game, how is DE so shortsighted to make this? Of course bots are bad for a multiplayer game because they diminish player involvement and promote AFK exploiting and destroy gameplay for everyone (no one cares if you use cheats in single player, but in multiplayer it can ruin the game for everyone).

Wukiong is a great frame with 4 lives and lots of utility and fun fast movement even without it, the bot should not taint it.

Wukog clone should be remade into an active ability that only attacks on command.

I don't see how they're that comparable.

Wukong really just has the rep of being the "DE approved" afk frame. But unlike players who're actually afk and leeching his clone actually kills enemies.

While Limbo has the rep of being a troll frame and actively detrimental due to how players can willingly hinder a mission with his abilities and how uninformed players (not just the Limbo) can also make things worse by not knowing how the Rift functions.

Unless you're the type who gets irrationally angry at players for being afk there is no way Wukong is ever worse than Limbo. As both require an intentional effort to do their "worst" but doing so with Limbo is actually detrimental unlike Wukong.

Outside host migration I really don't care about anything, people can do whatever they want, I mean I don't even have anyone on my ignore list.

I guess also if I see someone trying to bully other people, especially new players, I do crash through their living room in the snowplow.

Wukong is just annoying to me in the fart clouds who zerg ahead of the group and run into a friendship door and spam the open button like its going to magically open or cause the rest of the group to catch up faster. And that's mostly cause he's a meta frame so there are a lot of them. But I'll take them over the Volts with their random speed buffs that throw off my movement.

Limbo is still just a troll frame whos whole kit it to hinder the group, intentionally or not. Want to kill those enemies to keep your combo duration up or get void trace to open a relic? Sorry they are on the other side of the rift and you have to take the time to move into or out of it to continue. Or if they are bullet jumping in front of you and now you need to stop and do a dodge roll/backflip. Want to tell the grineer sortie defection crew to move on, sorry you have to stop and yell at the limbo player till they cancel the ability so you can interact with the crew and finish the mission.

2 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Limbo tends to have a very bad rep in Warframe for being obnoxious to play with. Nowadays I've been saying more negativity towards Wukong. While I personally do not have have a bias towards Wukong or Limbo. I can understand seeing the same Warframe over and over again can rub people the wrong way, and I have been seeing more Wukong than Limbo.

The common complaints I see are that the people playing him are toxic (which is subjective), being afk and his twin getting in the way. Though I've only met two toxic Wukongs and I feel that is a fault of the player not the Warframe. I would also not say they are AFK unless they are 100% not moving. As for his twin, it killed my synthesis target once but I often forget it is even there.

As for what I actually think of Wukong and his players. I mean he does... stuff. He shoots things and cloud walks, other than that I do not see anything too crazy. I almost never see him use his stick though. The only thing I do not like about Wukong is the sound of his cloud walker ability, which I find kind of annoying. Yet I understand this is out of the player's control. I can't just ask them to stop moving fast since that is silly.

How do you feel about this?

They both suck. Limbo sucks period; he has no synergy with any other frame or there is zero nuance to his usage; you either die or you just break the game entirely, there is no shade of grey anywhere to be found. Either you gimp yourself on purpose or you 100% trivialize any content the game has.

Wukong went from having no role or purpose to being Overcompensation Crotch Bulge Frame Incarnate. The only public games I play are Sorties and

EVERY

sortie I have run in the past year has a Wukong with every sprint mod, a bramma, and a kronen prime, and they along with their gender swapped counterpart, the Nukor Mesa are invariably blowhard tryhards that fail the spy, fail the rescue, and blow up the console/vip and their teammates on radiation defense/mobile defense/rescue. Without exception. Every time.

The issue is with DE's poor balancing rather than a single warframe. People were whining about Umbra's aimbot, DE nerfed it and then they give an even stronger and nigh invincible aimbot to Wukong like what the hell?

PF is supposed to be Wukong's signature but as a matter of fact it probably gets less used than post rework Defy because Melee 3.0 f**ked every exalted melee weapon by giving normal melee weapons 3x base damage and leaving exalted weapons with the same stats.

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

They both suck. Limbo sucks period; he has no synergy with any other frame or there is zero nuance to his usage; you either die or you just break the game entirely, there is no shade of grey anywhere to be found. Either you gimp yourself on purpose or you 100% trivialize any content the game has.

Wukong went from having no role or purpose to being Overcompensation Crotch Bulge Frame Incarnate. The only public games I play are Sorties and

sortie I have run in the past year has a Wukong with every sprint mod, a bramma, and a kronen prime, and they along with their gender swapped counterpart, the Nukor Mesa are invariably blowhard tryhards that fail the spy, fail the rescue, and blow up the console/vip and their teammates on radiation defense/mobile defense/rescue. Without exception. Every time.

He doesn't need synergy with other frames. That's not even a thing. 

And that's the whole point of limbo.....why would limbo have 700 armor and 5k health with his theme and abilities?

5 hours ago, trst said:

I don't see how they're that comparable.

Wukong really just has the rep of being the "DE approved" afk frame. But unlike players who're actually afk and leeching his clone actually kills enemies.

While Limbo has the rep of being a troll frame and actively detrimental due to how players can willingly hinder a mission with his abilities and how uninformed players (not just the Limbo) can also make things worse by not knowing how the Rift functions.

Unless you're the type who gets irrationally angry at players for being afk there is no way Wukong is ever worse than Limbo. As both require an intentional effort to do their "worst" but doing so with Limbo is actually detrimental unlike Wukong.

I think they're mostly comparable in the sense they both have 'screw the game, I have energy' abilities, more so than other frames.

Wukong, obviously, has the whole Clone AFK thing. Limbo in addition to the troll aspect, has the ability to turn himself and anything within a 20-metre radius completely invulnerable. If a mission doesn't have a time limit or Nullifiers he wins by default, and this obviously goes double for any mission where the objective is waiting out a timer.

In both cases there's little or no interaction with the game. Even other arguably-broken frames like Inaros and Mesa do require some effort, even if it's as minimal as just moving the mouse. Limbo and Wukong can succeed by basically just existing.

It's a game, not a job. The measure of success in game should be how much fun and how much interaction the player has, not how many enemies die or how fast you get the new shiny. And whilst both frames do actually have some stuff that's neat for that (Defy's your classic 'hit me I hit back harder' which genuinely does reward timing and positioning, and Limbo's low-duration playstyle for examples), they have playstyles that represent some of their most effective strategies, and in Limbo's case, it's also the most socially-acceptable playstyle.

I have never seen toxic wukongs or this bad rep you talk about, they usually keep to themselves and cloud poof away. Sure its very common to see wukong now than prerework but that just shows how great the rework was, shouldn't ppl be pushing for more frames to receive as great a rework wukong got instead of slamming the frame for being played more?

Archived