I feel Wukong has a worse rep than Limbo now

21 hours ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

All of his abilities make him basically perfect to be in front of the enemy and in the action.

Much like Valkyr.

If only this was true since about 95% of the time, Players use him like a non - melee Volt or Chroma.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 3

Wukong's rep is different from Limbo's imo. 

Limbo's worst rep has always been about him interfering with others gameplay. 

Wukong is more people looking down on you for playing Wukong because he's seen as like the most easy cheese of all current warframes especially when it comes to non-endless missions. 

• Like 2

Had a Limbo lock down a defense mission and afk on the objective, making the team run in and out the rift to get kills.

Wukong is a lazy frame, but most missions only go faster with them. They aren't comparable.

• Like 1

I dont care about wukongs in a public match, but i leave pre made squads where one of them insists in getting a wukong because that generally means they will AFK.
Wukong himself is an excellent frame with all the things needed to survive, play well and use helminth on. His 4 might be utter trash but thats a positive for me cause i can get rid of it in the helmnith, 

• Like 1

On 2021-08-08 at 9:44 PM, WH1735S0W said:

Limbo tends to have a very bad rep in Warframe for being obnoxious to play with. Nowadays I've been saying more negativity towards Wukong. While I personally do not have have a bias towards Wukong or Limbo. I can understand seeing the same Warframe over and over again can rub people the wrong way, and I have been seeing more Wukong than Limbo.

The common complaints I see are that the people playing him are toxic (which is subjective), being afk and his twin getting in the way. Though I've only met two toxic Wukongs and I feel that is a fault of the player not the Warframe. I would also not say they are AFK unless they are 100% not moving. As for his twin, it killed my synthesis target once but I often forget it is even there.

As for what I actually think of Wukong and his players. I mean he does... stuff. He shoots things and cloud walks, other than that I do not see anything too crazy. I almost never see him use his stick though. The only thing I do not like about Wukong is the sound of his cloud walker ability, which I find kind of annoying. Yet I understand this is out of the player's control. I can't just ask them to stop moving fast since that is silly.

How do you feel about this?

I don't like having limbo in my game. Especially in the games we enter for XP, they often cause us to waste our time. A warframe limbo that can prevent other players from having fun because of its powers. There are many players who like to play with LImbo, but they are not liked because they prevent other players from having fun.

When I enter the hydron with Speed Nova, sometimes I come across limbo players and I have to exit the game. I think differently about Wukong players. I don't welcome any AFK remaining players, not only Wukong players but also wisp players for example. Many wisp players get afk after putting their flowers.

Some warframes require active play due to their power, while others do not require you to play very actively.

In addition, I think that the warframe powers that restrict or prevent the use of weapons by other players in the future or currently should be changed or redesigned.

Warframes like Limbo have earned the hatred of other players as a result of such mistakes.

On 2021-08-10 at 12:57 AM, Wolfwaffe said:

Hell, I once had a fight against exploiter orb. Four wukongs. Four clones. With wings. Insert Oz reference here.

Thread winner right there.

But I find the complaints about Wukong lacking.

I see far more Mirages blowing up my screen and blinding me than Wukongs.  But to be honest with the current state of aoe weapons when I run public seems to always be at least two big aoe weapons so the near blindness  and insta-dead mobs is already present.

And I just can't comprehend the "afk" thing.  The CT is only going to pop stuff in the same room that the Wukong is afk'ing in then it will play with it's tail.  The afk'ing that I've come across in public hasn't been specific to a single frame.  It's just some slacker that sits at the spawn in point and consumes our air.  Unless you are equating running around attacking with a melee while the CT is firing away with ranged, which is kind of the opposite of afk.  The player is still going to out damage the CT unless their weapon loadout is really lopsided.

And puff clouds don't cause me to over-steer my frame or run into walls/stuff (unless I'm the one using it myself).

I can't speak to spy missions because I'd never do a spy mission in public since I feel like it would cause me to pull all my facial hair out with a pair of tweezers to help me forget the pain.

Now all that said for general use I use Wukong.  I do use acceltra and recently pick up cedo and made the deimos secondary kitgun but none of them compare to the bramma and big aoe primaries I've seen since coming back to the game.  I came back to the game a couple months ago after being gone since 2017 and Wukong is a pretty forgiving frame to "relearn" the game.  And haven't even started doing sorties/steel path in solo, let alone in public.

Jorm

• Like 2

If going AFK worked how some people seem to believe it does, in this game, there would be better frames to do it with than Wukong.

I see it as a quality of life frame for addressing some design choices that not everybody loves:

• For missions where enemies appear one or two at a time, and/or on the horizon, instead of in mobs worth blendering or picking off manually
  • For certain boss fights like Ropopalyst
  • For sortie conditions that limit your loadout
  • For access to an exalted weapon with different elemental combinations, and maybe a healing mod

All of which make it a frame destined to see a lot of use, particularly when soloing. But as a popular solo frame, it is naturally going to be a popular choice to put focus lenses on, so yes, you're going to see it in ESO a lot.

One last point, that should be obvious, but it never hurts to remind everyone.

This is not Overwatch.

Edited by ArmsForPeace84
  • Like 2

On 2021-08-10 at 6:18 PM, Joezone619 said:

With limbo his tediousness comes down to game mechanics and how the quest introduces him.

The quest says little to nothing about how his abilities actually work, leaving new players confused, and as they grow more experience, the confusion of limbo stays with them, unless they've gone out of their way to understand and/or play him.

And you have the game mechanics, limbo needs a lot of small tweaks to make him more "environment friendly" in game. The biggest of which being that they need to give enemies/allies a better indication that they are in the rift, small black fire that isn't visible 99% of the time doesn't cut it, nor does a slight lighting saturation change.
The second biggest would have to be nullifiers and cataclysm. Nullifiers shouldn't just instantly pop the cataclysm the moment it brushes up against it, it should be able to overlap the cataclysm and unbanish the enemies in the nullifier's bubble.

Limbo also needs a lot of smaller things to make him practical enough to be worth trying for new players, such as picking up items through the rift, and a method of entering/exiting the rift without moving (without needing to roll and lose your aim, missing your target).

There are also enemies and objects that aren't affected/can't enter the rift, when they should like rampards, blunts, and probably even arbitration drones, at least in a cataclysm, as they can't be damaged in the rift, even if they are in a cataclysm, leading the squad to hate on the limbo for trying to use whats suppose to be his ultimate ability.

In short, DE needs to go fix up some of limbo's stuff for him to be up to speed with new frames. Not a rework, just fixing problems hes had almost, if not, since his release.

There's no reason to use a large bubble unless you're being lazy. 

If you use a small bubble you can see nullifiers coming to it. 

Yea, having an Operator or simply knowing how to use limbo is all you need, but the average new player is still learning the game and isn't gonna be intuitive enough to take 5 min to experiment. 

It's still a player issue and always has: if people admit they don't wanna learn then that's the players fault. 

Even without limbo there will be inexperienced players doing inexperienced things. Like bring slow novas to defense.

• Like 1

On 2021-08-11 at 9:41 PM, Deminisis said:

Had a Limbo lock down a defense mission and afk on the objective, making the team run in and out the rift to get kills.

Wukong is a lazy frame, but most missions only go faster with them. They aren't comparable.

Exactly. 

As I said earlier, they are really hard to compare.

People criticize Wukong because he's like the cheese whiz of warframe.

People criticize Limbo because he is the Limburger Cheese destroying the taste/smell/enjoyment of their meal... 

It's a much different phenomenon and not really comparable. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 2

The odd thing is I never seen a Limbo for such a long time, I tend to only play him, when I feel like useing him and even then the build I use is strictly to avoid any issues with the team (Smallest bubble to go over def objects). Tho outside of Def Missions, Limbo is pretty darn useless  

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Tho outside of Def Missions, Limbo is pretty darn useless  

His usual playstyle can be good in other missions (Excavation, Survival, Interception, Mobile Defence and even the Index) depending on the size of your bubble. Not to mention some frame's abilities such as Ivara's Artemis Bow and Mesa's Peacemaker can bypass Cataclysm to hit enemies on the outside thus making the setup handy to protect some frames from harm. That all being said if you have a good nuke/AoE frame on your team Limbo is just a wasted slot even in a defence.

The big thing most don't seem to realize is that Cataclysm does a decent amount of blast damage making it a good AoE ability especially against Infested. Cataclysm is also able to destroy containers and objectives making him handy in Syndicate and hives as well as when doing some Lua puzzles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)deathwolfclaw666 said:

His usual playstyle can be good in other missions (Excavation, Survival, Interception, Mobile Defence and even the Index) depending on the size of your bubble. Not to mention some frame's abilities such as Ivara's Artemis Bow and Mesa's Peacemaker can bypass Cataclysm to hit enemies on the outside thus making the setup handy to protect some frames from harm. That all being said if you have a good nuke/AoE frame on your team Limbo is just a wasted slot even in a defence.

The big thing most don't seem to realize is that Cataclysm does a decent amount of blast damage making it a good AoE ability especially against Infested. Cataclysm is also able to destroy containers and objectives making him handy in Syndicate and hives as well as when doing some Lua puzzles.

Hummm, I'll have to play around with this

• 2 months later...

I just hate seeing this monkey in EVERY.SINGLE.MISSION.

Doesn't matter what type of mission, there's always at least one, and it's starting to become so incredibly boring seeing the same sht all the time.

Literally haven't seen a single limbo in months.

If not a nerf, there has to be some kind of change to his kit, or it'll start to become detrimental to the overall game

• Like 1

On 2021-08-08 at 10:44 PM, WH1735S0W said:

I can understand seeing the same Warframe over and over again can rub people the wrong way, and I have been seeing more Wukong than Limbo

Number One most used Warframe of 2020.... 😮 !!

The common complaints I see are that the people playing him are toxic (which is subjective), being afk and his twin getting in the way. Though I've only met two toxic Wukongs and I feel that is a fault of the player not the Warframe. I would also not say they are AFK unless they are 100% not moving. As for his twin, it killed my synthesis target once but I often forget it is even there.

The only situation I can think of where Twin Gets in the way is if I'm doing an Arcana Bounty Stage where we have Coat the Infested in Sticky White Stuff.... That's literally the only Time he can really get in the way.... And so long as you're not using the Augment he can be turned off then back on once the infested are covered.

How do you feel about this?

As long those players are playing Wukong because they genuinely like him... I think it's fine....

If DE wants to Correct this issue they can start by fixing alot of the other God Awful Warframe Grinds....

On 2021-08-11 at 9:03 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Wukong's rep is different from Limbo's imo. 

Limbo's worst rep has always been about him interfering with others gameplay. 

Wukong is more people looking down on you for playing Wukong because he's seen as like the most easy cheese of all current warframes especially when it comes to non-endless missions. 

Atleast he's better than Rhino in the early game right ?

On 2021-08-12 at 8:12 AM, Jormie said:

I see far more Mirages blowing up my screen and blinding me than Wukongs.  But to be honest with the current state of aoe weapons when I run public seems to always be at least two big aoe weapons so the near blindness  and insta-dead mobs is already present

Here's what gets me though.... Why doesn't Warframe even have a Photo Epilepsy Warning when you boot it ? 🤔 Seems irresponsible if you ask me....

On 2021-08-12 at 8:12 AM, Jormie said:

I can't speak to spy missions because I'd never do a spy mission in public since I feel like it would cause me to pull all my facial hair out with a pair of tweezers to help me forget the pain

I do them in Public mostly because of the Hilarious ways Tenno fail these missions...

For Example this current Potato invasion has a Spy Mission if you support the Grineer. I load into a group with Three Wukongs (I was using).... By some miracle I arrived at the Spy Vault before All three if them and open it.... Before I can even step away from the Console... All three Wukongs finally Catch Up and enter the vault while I'm still standing by the console....

Naturally I've done many Spy Missions so I have nothing to Prove so I waited Outside.... The Alarms go off and so homehow the time expired causing the mission to fail 🤣😅🤣 !!!

That's Wukong For Ya 🤣 !!!

On 2021-08-13 at 1:23 PM, (PSN)deathwolfclaw666 said:

The big thing most don't seem to realize is that Cataclysm does a decent amount of blast damage making it a good AoE ability especially against Infested. Cataclysm is also able to destroy containers and objectives making him handy in Syndicate and hives as well as when doing some Lua puzzles

This is what I use Limbo for.... 

I've never seen anyone else do this 🤔...

16 hours ago, FromZeroToMinusOne said:

If not a nerf, there has to be some kind of change to his kit, or it'll start to become detrimental to the overall game

Like I said... The proper fix for this Issue is not to Nerf Wukong... But to buff the Acquisition of Other Warframe's...

How the hell do we Farm Ash Anyway.... I saw that Oberon was moved again so I'm getting his parts easier now....

But where's Ash ? 😱

I've never seen anyone complain about Wukong in a mission~ he's actually the opposite and well loved.

Limbo is most certainly the worst rep because he's always been a broken design that is gamebreaking in both positive and negative ways that will; make a mission too easy to where they AFK or even force others to AFK with them, annoy people with their rift even when they're trying to use it to 'help,' troll people in ways they can't do anything about~ like banishing a mob that needs killed, and/or bug out a mission objective and cause everyone to have to reset because rifts just do that sometimes~ such as casting it on terminals permanently breaking them.

And the absolute biggest Sin a Warframe has ever comitted, which is deny people their drops back when rift locked people from looting anything.

Not sure why, but Limbo is hated because it can be really annoying (if you are bad at playing with him, of course. This why frames like him should be played in solo), while Wukong is "hated" because now he's everywhere and players are probably tired of seeing him on every mission like he's the only frame of this game.

There are more frames hated for similar or different reasons. For example, Yareli is getting one of the worst reputations of the game because of the lack of synergy with her abilities, while Frost and Hydroid are "hated" because their sets are too outdated/too old to handle the new content (As a Frost main I can confirm this).

In my opinion every warframe (even the worst ones) don't deserve to get a bad reputation.

Another example, Vauban and Nezha were pretty useless and less played before their reworks, and now I'm seeing them pretty frequently. The same goes for Wukong, because now I'm seeing him in almost every mission.

That means Wukong is everywhere because people really liked his rework, and that's a good thing.

Wukong does what he does, just like every frame.

Honestly I don't care which frame people love to use, if they don't try to ruin my experience with the game.