Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Noob Questions

Edgge

Question

I am level 2 (upper left corner) and have been running the Mercury missions over and over.  Venus is still grayed out.  Do I need to reach level 4 before moving to Venus or is there some other way to unlock it?

Also, I ran the survival mission in Mercury and we unlocked a tower 1 key.  What does that do?  Is that a mission type I can now access?

Thanks..sorry, just learning.  

10 answers to this question

Nope, all you need to do is unlock all mission of the planet before the one you want to unlock. In other words, complete all Mercury missions successfully to unlock Venus ;) Just unlock the missions on Mercury (perhaps just even the node leading to Venus) to proceed to Venus. You don't have to play all missions on one planet to unlock the next planet, that's just nightmare mode.

Tower 1, along with all other types and tiers of Tower keys, are Void keys. I suggest you read about them on the wiki here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

Edited by xxx7

Also, I ran the survival mission in Mercury and we unlocked a tower 1 key.  What does that do?  Is that a mission type I can now access?

Tower keys unlock missions that aren't available on the star chart. Use the key using the icon next to the "Online" or "Play now" button. Key is consumed upon mission completion. If you use the key to enter the mission and fail or abort/crash the key is not consumed and you can run it as many times as it takes for you to complete it once.

Edited by DavidSPD

Void keys bring you to special missions that give you unique rewards. Each key will be titled on the type of mission you will be doing

ie, Tower I Defense ; Tower II Survival

Each tier of tower is more powerful. For more information check out the Warframe Wikia

And as xxx7 stated, just unlock the missions before hand in the pathway.

I am level 2 (upper left corner) and have been running the Mercury missions over and over.  Venus is still grayed out.  Do I need to reach level 4 before moving to Venus or is there some other way to unlock it?

Thanks..sorry, just learning.  

As long as you clear the path of nodes leading to Venus, you should be able to proceed. Just click on Venus from the galaxy map and see if you can do the first mission there. I don't think you need to finish all the missions in a given planet.

The "tower 1 key" is a key that lets you access another level, the Void. Tier 1 Void missions have heavily shielded enemies around level 20, if I recall. You'll need to gauge whether you can handle that or not before you use it.

As GSrev said; you don't need to clear a planet entirely to reach the next, just advance to the mission that reaches the next planet in line. Then you can click on Venus in the system view map directly, as mentioned, or click and drag the map selection view around to see different areas or click on the area you want to go to.

You can also be pulled into missions you don't have access to yet if someone in your squad that does have access to that mission selects it thus taking everyone in the group with them. After successfully completing the mission, you'll have that run open for you regardless of how far ahead of you the mission is. The exception to this rule is running alerts, which don't open mission areas.

Edited by Jector

As GSrev said; you don't need to clear a planet entirely to reach the next, just advance to the mission that reaches the next planet in line. Then you can click on Venus in the system view map directly, as mentioned, or click and drag the map selection view around to see different areas or click on the area you want to go to.

Ah, you guys are right...I completed all missions a long time ago, but now I remember: Unlock all missions to unlock next planet. Complete all mission on planet to unlock nightmare mode. Sorry for the confusion XD

Ah, you guys are right...I completed all missions a long time ago, but now I remember: Unlock all missions to unlock next planet. Complete all mission on planet to unlock nightmare mode. Sorry for the confusion XD

You don't even have to unlock them all. Just get to the mission that reaches the next planet.

Just in case it isn't obvious, Venus will still look greyed out until you have either selected it from the Star map or you can left-click and drag you screen to have it centered.  Either should work.  The game UI unfortunately doesn't make it blatantly obvious.  For advice on the Void Keys, see posts above.  Hope that helps.

Thanks..It looked greyed out, but when I click on it, it is accessible.

I read the wiki page about void keys and it looks I better not use them until I know a few people in game, since it is invite only.  

Thanks for the help!