Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum post = no outcome

Jackdarsan

29 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Can you explain to me how universal vacuum mods was a negative change? That was certainly requested by players many times. Cross-play/Cross-save have been requested many times, DE is in the process of implementing it - I assume that will be positive.

• It is unfair to suggest that DE never makes positive changes based on player suggestion.

That's also a years old change.  The fact that you had to go that far back only reinforces the point the thread is making.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

That's also a years old change.  The fact that you had to go that far back only reinforces the point the thread is making.

Those were just the first that came to mind. People even asked for balance changes to melee vs guns. If you actually look at the changes and what people are asking for you will see DE does sometimes listen.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Am I famous or something?  I'm flattered.

A lot of your recent posts are fairly negative, so I was assuming it was a warning that arguing with you is a total waste of time as you only want to see the negative.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Am I famous or something?  I'm flattered.

No. Just that dude in class that everybody goes "oh, it's just that guy" and go back to what they were doing before. We know they exist and are semi-aware of the patterns but only remember 3 seconds after seeing them in action.

13 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

The feedback section is filled with such great ideas that DE could easily implement that would make the game soooooooo good. Yet nothing, not even a hint that DE are looking at any of this

Holokeys:

"We Hotfixed a lot of essential things before we held our event, and we’ve had ample time to read feedback, review stats, and see how players are engaging with all things Proxima regions. The feedback has been great, and we intend on making a change to Corrupted Holokeys."

Zephyr:

Tornado feedback was composed of 2 main points

Deimos bounties:

The below is an accumulation of Community and Dev feedback to address these concerns, and allow a less restricted path to the Arcana Bounties and their rewards.

and so on, it goes on all the time. They read, listen and implement lots of changes. Most are good, many are "meh" several are "not good enough", but they listen and make changes. They do not do it with a fairy-dust fingersnap, or tell you what they intend to do or are looking at.

So your entire posting is just wrong. Which is a common form of entitled selfishness, "DE doesn't do what I say therefore they never listen". No, they do listen, they just don't necessarily listen to you (or me, or any of us individually) and they make the game how they think will be best.

13 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

All i have ever seen is DE keep making things easier and for lower MRs since it helps their bottom line. DE be like "Can't add anything too hard otherwise people that start playing the game today wont be able to reach it". 

And that is because people are against change. We wont be able to get the "challenging" and "difficult" content since people dont want their "power fantasy" reduced. So DE might aswell make it accessible to newer players. Not that I see what MR effectively has to do with it since I've felt no difference between being MR5 or my current MR27. What has made a difference is the time actually spent on the game in content that isnt just fodder affinity farms.

Also, if you want DE to read feedback, then feedback forum is -> thataway.

24 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

I just wanna point out that the Holokey changes are a massive joke though and DE has completely missed the point why they are a drag to farm. And not only that, but the end of that holokey post is also really odd. "See you in a few weeks..." regarding a couple of planned number changes?

Is that what we will face in the future when crossplay arrives and everything needs to be released on all platforms at once?

12 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

And no company will implement something because someone thought it was cool.

When Warframe were just starting....i got a lot of stuff in through forums.  Just sayin.

Forums were much cleaner back in the day.

Now its just a huge pile of random suggestions (with very rare good ones).   That is why DE mostly read only postrelease megathreads, and listen to established "partners" and their "design council" to fix only most critical bugs.

Also, since Warframe is pretty successful, they do not "need" to fix it that much.  It already brings money.  A few hyped up releases will bump the sales enough.  A few "oversights" will generate "hype videos" made by their partners (like current Ivara + Grigori, or Banshee VS Sisters videos)...that will motivate players to play.    Pretty smart. Dirty, but it works.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The developer's job, if they want profit, is to provide what the market wants. 

This also ignores the fact not all developers are even in a position where they are actually designing game systems; they're just doing what they're told. It isn't any different to how people who build houses aren't the ones involved in actually designing the houses. These builders could be the best in the world, but if the one who designed it left fatal flaws, then well... it falls apart.

There's already multiple examples of the more vocal part of DE having horrible ideas themselves. I'm also not sure what difference it makes if DE listens to bad feedback on forums vs bad feedback from content creators or Twitter.

Yea I don't know the terminology. But that's the point: there's people making decisions that aren't random players. 

And players can ask for things that are detrimental to the market. See above answers for clarification.

Getting bombarded with 5000 bad suggestions is much worse than a few people that work for the company. Because those 5k people are gonna feel emotionally betrayed and make a bunch of wambulance threads.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

but the end of that holokey post is also really odd. "See you in a few weeks..."

I would imagine that was a reference to vacation time for Rebecca. It is the holiday season after all.

DE never quite fixes things how we'd all want them fixed. They made the holokey grind a little less troublesome, but I think the intention was that it should be difficult, or non trivial, hence the holokey drops for veil being so much more than for earth proxima. You're not supposed to be picking up those weapons easily at all, particularly for low to mid level players who haven't got to the end of RJ progression.

DE are in a no win situation if they start replying to posts in GD or even FB.

If they do reply to someone, then other people get annoyed when de don't also answer them.  It gives the illusion that the mods/devs are reading everything, and that's not possible.  I think it would actually create more problems than it would solve.  

2 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I would imagine that was a reference to vacation time for Rebecca. It is the holiday season after all.

DE never quite fixes things how we'd all want them fixed. They made the holokey grind a little less troublesome, but I think the intention was that it should be difficult, or non trivial, hence the holokey drops for veil being so much more than for earth proxima. You're not supposed to be picking up those weapons easily at all, particularly for low to mid level players who haven't got to the end of RJ progression.

Ah! That makes sense. That completely slipped my mind.

There is an indication that the weapons shouldnt be hard to get aswell, since the keys "supposedly" have a 37.5% drop chance in all proximas. That is far from the actual drop rate of them though. They seem to be sitting at something like 3.75% instead. So adding those extra per drop wont solve anything if they dont fix the underlying issue with them to begin with. 5 or 8 is still 0 if the drop rate doesnt work or is tuned too low behind the scenes.

So far I've ran 10 mission for keys and I havent seen a single drop yet. Which is odd if the drop rate is actually 37.5%. I've seen all of the lower drops on the list several times.

The RNG is a strange beast at times - I ran 32 missions for Nova Systems that has a 20% drop rate. I ran 6 for the complete set of Mesa,

I also have 3 of the tenet melee weapons, from a relative few holokey farm missions - I couldn't say how many but they do drop at random. I think Saturn proxima gave the most for the time and effort spent, but Veil missions might be more appropriate now they've changed the drop rates.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

And yet they didn't actually touch guns, but rather added a bunch of conditional mods and other things to grind for and re-forma for.  That's the monkey's paw in action.

Yeah they, buffed guns added mods that some players don't have time to farm for because of real life, so to get the goods they need to pay plat for them, I have all mine but another one in the clan will have to buy them, oh well that's life I guess.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

lol just block me if I bother you that much.

Nope. You don't bother me, don't worry. Like the guy in the class, I just acknowledge your existence, take note of your patterns and go back to what I was doing.

On 2021-08-08 at 4:17 PM, Jackdarsan said:

All i have ever seen is DE keep making things easier and for lower MRs since it helps their bottom line.

DE are a bunch of absolute monsters, I think it's disgusting how they want to stay in business so they can keep making Warframe and their players can keep playing it.

Seriously though, games live and die by their casual player base.  If you aren't catering to casual players, your game will either end up with a shoestring budget - and hence drastically lowered quality - or it will simply die.

On 2021-08-08 at 4:17 PM, Jackdarsan said:

The feedback section is filled with such great ideas that DE could easily implement that would make the game soooooooo good.

My recommendation for your own well-being is to step back and remember that "great", "good", and "easy" are subjective.  DE has more information about Warframe, its code base, and its players than any of us ever will.  Which is just to say, generally speaking they are operating at a level of knowledge and understanding that we won't be able to relate to.  Beware the Dunning-Kruger Effect!

If you want something changed, post some feedback, but don't expect anything to happen; that will simply lead to frustration.  Instead, remind yourself that changes that seem "easy" to you may actually be difficult to implement at a level of quality in Warframe, and changes that seem "good" to you may have ramifications you haven't considered or may simply be negative for the bulk of the player base.

In some societies, the phrase "may you have everything you wish for" is considered a curse, not a blessing.  Food for thought. :)

100% true.

that's why i never bother to make any suggestion threads -and lately: even replying to any.
because i know they would be utterly useless.

i simply use this forum to have discussions with other tennos.

if someone rants because they want others to react, i will reply, i will try to empathize, probably offer some advice or at the very least my sympathy.
but if someone rants because they demand some changes from DE, and doesn't care about what others might need to say, good friggin luck.

On 2021-08-09 at 2:20 AM, --F--NerevarCM said:

And no company will implement something because someone thought it was cool.

certainly not 'just because', but they would be foolish if they wouldn't at least siphon 'ideas' from their users - especially since it 'only' costs them some time reading through them and them 'rearange' them into their product. this is actually something many producer of soft- as well as other more 'hard'-ware do all the time... IF it fits them, ofc. a good business man is using every resource at hand and you should never underestimate the power of brainstorming from countless people that you don't have to pay for doing it...

On 2021-08-08 at 5:03 PM, krc473 said:

DE was also having some kind of vacation thing following Tennocon, so they may not have been around in the last couple of weeks anyway.

This. They were busting their butts leading up to TennoCon and they had a rough go of that too. They had planned vacations for most of their staff immediately following it.

Aside from that, I don't imagine they get too much time to browse the forums and likely only pick up on hot threads that stay active for a long time with clear support in a particular direction. This doesn't mean they will implement it either, and there will be significant lag between anything they might want to implement and when we see it happen.

On 2021-08-09 at 4:05 AM, trst said:

And most of the changes the game has ever gotten are the result of feedback. Every single system rework or adjustment has been the result of players asking for changes to said systems. This includes all the movement, melee, and frame revisions. All the adjustments to recent systems like Lich's and Railjack. And all the balance, functionality, and economic changes to the open worlds.

This. It boggles my mind that people dont see this happening right infornt of them. I've been playing since '17, and yes, indeed, most changes are the result of DE taking a look at feedback.

And some of us have the gal to claim the opposite and act like entitled, self-centered children.

Not saying DE are perfect, they've done goofed here and there.

Sorry if i sound frustrated, but i've had it with the salt and the unfounded complaining...

3 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

This. It boggles my mind that people dont see this happening right infornt of them. I've been playing since '17, and yes, indeed, most changes are the result of DE taking a look at feedback.

And some of us have the gal to claim the opposite and act like entitled, self-centered children.

Sorry if i sound frustrated, but i've had it with the salt and the unfounded complaining...

I feel ya. Been off and on since 2013 across several accounts. I've even been part of some of the discussions that would eventually lead to those changes. It can be frustrating when you're in the *Against* camp and see a change go through anyway--like the WoF fiasco.

9 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

PREACH!  lol, seriously, though... 100%!

Imagine a pizzeria that gave ALL their pizza away FOR FREE, and only put out a donation jar (and maybe tossed some extra toppings to the customer for said donations)... 
...and then imagine customers just constantly HOUNDING the staff "Why won't you just add cheesesteak as a topping??  I wrote you FIVE LETTERS suggesting it!  NO ONE HERE EVER LISTENS!"  

but they never ask "Can the pizzeria AFFORD such an ingredient?" or "Is it even feasible from a logistics standard to do so?" or simply "does it fit with their theme?"

Imagine so many just complaining about the pizza, complaining it's too dry, or the cheese isn't stretchy enough or whatever... and then demanding MORE!

At the end of the day, it's still good pizza, and the pizzeria has been open for 8 YEARS, each year more successful than the last...

Now, do you think that pizzeria would do better if they just too every demand from every Tom, Harry, and Karen that waltzed in and shouted at them?

Of course not!  They've been successful BECAUSE they know what they're doing!   Not every slice is perfect, sure, but overall they are doing well!  Some people just aren't meant to be their customers...

And so it is here, as well...  We already get this WHOLE GAME for FREE, a game that rivals (if not exceeds) most AAA games...   We get constant updates, new story (even 8 years later!), and virtually NO downtime...  and never pay a CENT for DLC, either!

And yet, somehow, people feel ENTITLED to demand MORE, when they want it, immediately...   

I get that everyone has an opinion, but shiz people...  sometimes, enough is enough!  There's enough salt here to shoot EVERYONE'S BP through the roof!  We don't need it! It's not helping!  And quite frankly, it's juvenile and beneath this community.

Archived