Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache optimization pass has crashed.

NicroAlien1659

5 hours ago, CrimCin said:

For a while I have been trying to optimize the cache on the launcher due to repeated pop-ups of: Update Failed! However, the cache optimization pass had also crashed. What do I do? 

Sounds like an issue with your PC. Do any other games or programs crash? Do you have antivirus/firewall? Do you have an SSD, or use an old hard drive that may be corrupted/failing? Have you tried to verify file integrity or uninstall then reinstall warframe? Is window update, fully up to date?

Have you looked in Windows Event Viewer for the crash logs and any other warnings?? That would be a great place to start

If your pc is infected with a cryptominer and your windows files are corrupt and many other errors and crashes are happening, you may need to reinstall windows. Or it could be as simple as installing warframe to a different hard drive, if yours is failing

Go ahead and submit that ticket to Support, but in the meantime, try to find whats killing your pc by checking at the basics

I have done everything you have suggested. however I'm still looking into reinstalling windows. The problem is that it suddenly stopped working when it was perfectly fine a few days ago. I am not sure what has happened on that day that could cause the problem. Thank you in advance

On 2021-08-10 at 2:13 PM, CrimCin said:

I have done everything you have suggested. however I'm still looking into reinstalling windows. The problem is that it suddenly stopped working when it was perfectly fine a few days ago. I am not sure what has happened on that day that could cause the problem. Thank you in advance

Windows Event Viewer should have crash reports and logs you can check. To do this, manually trigger the crash by trying to run warframe.

Then press the Windows key + R to open a run window, type cmd to open a, command prompt window. Type eventvwr and click enter.

Wait for the list to load, then check Administrative Events for crash logs with a red "X" that say "Critical", red exclamation point that says "error", as well as any yellow ones that say "warning"

Then simply click on each log, select the General text with your mouse, hit CTRL & C to copy, and paste into google with CTRL & V

Archived