Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hierarchy in feedback

(PSN)Station2D-

Without so much verbiage... what I suggest is to put a kind of hierarchy in the feedback section. If we talk about feedback we can say that there is a lot, some good and others not useful, what is the problem? both are together with each other.

It would be useful to create a hierarchy separating topics that are worth reading from those that are not worth reading, basically:

• Interesting concepts: attractive ideas that have caught the attention of developers and the community.
• Useful concepts: equally attractive ideas but on a smaller scale.
• Ignorable concepts: ideas that are in bad taste or have no value.

In addition I also suggest that authors has to make a synopsis (a brief summary) of their topic before publishing it, this would facilitate the reading.

I know it is not easy to pay attention to so many topics, but I think is better to find ways to order all these topics and not just ignore them all equally, end of the statement.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

Without so much verbiage... what I suggest is to put a kind of hierarchy in the feedback section. If we talk about feedback we can say that there is a lot, some good and others not useful, what is the problem? both are together with each other.

It would be useful to create a hierarchy separating topics that are worth reading from those that are not worth reading, basically:

• Interesting concepts: attractive ideas that have caught the attention of developers and the community.

In addition I also suggest that authors has to make a synopsis (a brief summary) of their topic before publishing it, this would facilitate the reading.

I know it is not easy to pay attention to so many topics, but I think is better to find ways to order all these topics and not just ignore them all equally, end of the statement.

Who decides what's what though?

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

FBYtAYE.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Not only that, but people will start complaining that ideas are in a wrong section, because they happen to like something that was put into ignorable concepts. That's a whole new can of worms.

The feedback sections we have work just fine (when people use them appropriately).

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

This process happens automatically. Popular, well received posts get upvoted and commented on, and the garbage gets buried.

How would you propose to achieve this otherwise? There’s no amount of automation that can predict when feedback is good or not.

the guy above me said it best:

2 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

ideas are totally subjective: you might think it's a good idea to stick your hand in a beehive, when I would say it's a bad idea because you'll get stung. you can't stop people from having bad ideas, that's just part of having the free will to think for yourself. all you can really do is try to come up with good ideas and work on them, and try to dissuade others from bad ideas (but if they are totally convinced their idea is good no matter what just respect their wishes and move on: otherwise you're just gonna argue.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

It would be useful if we had "templates" for threads....  You just fill the template, and it autoformat your stuff into a nicely done, easy to read thing.

Such "template" can automatically categorize Threads by content too.   Long thread with pictures and videos go here....short ones go there....    That kind of thing.

Its not possible to determine if thread is good or bad....but you definitely can categorize by contents.

En 9/8/2021 a las 6:42, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

This process happens automatically. Popular, well received posts get upvoted and commented on, and the garbage gets buried.

How would you propose to achieve this otherwise? There’s no amount of automation that can predict when feedback is good or not.

I know, but that only includes the community and not the developers, and we already know that developers don't like the same

Basically there is no way to know which theme the developers like and that is why I suggest a hierarchy, because in the end, why are the players going to make topics if they do not know if the developers are paying attention to it? players will not make the effort because in the end all topics are treated the same

How would it work? It would have to be by voting with a score or something like that

The voting would include the community and developers, basically the topics with the most votes will be classified as important and those without votes will be ignored, the community will have impact, but in the end those who will decide which topics are more important will be the developers

The problem is that there will be too many topics and the developers will not want to read all of them, so for that there must also be a control, a limitation, or something that makes reading easier.

En 9/8/2021 a las 7:40, Kainosh dijo:

would be useful if we had "templates" for threads....  You just fill the template, and it autoformat your stuff into a nicely done, easy to read thing.

Such "template" can automatically categorize Threads by content too.   Long thread with pictures and videos go here....short ones go there....    That kind of thing.

Actually that sounds useful

En 9/8/2021 a las 7:40, Kainosh dijo:

Its not possible to determine if thread is good or bad....

Maybe the community cannot, because we already know that the community is subjective and that only generates disorder, but developers can decide which topic is useful and which topic is not, and that would generate a hierarchy.

En 9/8/2021 a las 6:37, Slayer-. dijo:

En 9/8/2021 a las 6:33, (XBOX)C11H22O11 dijo:

En 9/8/2021 a las 6:41, Genitive dijo:

Not only that, but people will start complaining that ideas are in a wrong section, because they happen to like something that was put into ignorable concepts. That's a whole new can of worms.

The feedback sections we have work just fine (when people use them appropriately).

En 9/8/2021 a las 6:41, Genitive dijo:

That is correct, but the hierarchy is not going to be in the hands of the community, because we already know that the community is very divided

The hierarchy will be in the hands of the developers, and I'm not saying that the community will not have an impact on that, because in the end everyone can agree on certain things, but those who decide which topics are more important will be the developers.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

That is correct, but the hierarchy is not going to be in the hands of the community, because we already know that the community is very divided

The hierarchy will be in the hands of the developers, and I'm not saying that the community will not have an impact on that, because in the end everyone can agree on certain things, but those who decide which topics are more important will be the developers.

This seems very counterintuitive to me.

How do you envision this working if the hierarchy "separating topics that are worth reading from those that are not worth reading" would require someone from DE to read every topic anyways (to assess whether it was worth reading or not)?

On 2021-08-09 at 4:31 AM, (PSN)Station2D- said:

I wanted to read this feedback.  But I gave up since there was no clear label to tell me whether what I would read was "Interesting",  "Useful", or "Ignorable".  

4 hours ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

I know, but that only includes the community and not the developers, and we already know that developers don't like the same

Basically there is no way to know which theme the developers like and that is why I suggest a hierarchy, because in the end, why are the players going to make topics if they do not know if the developers are paying attention to it? players will not make the effort because in the end all topics are treated the same

How would it work? It would have to be by voting with a score or something like that

The voting would include the community and developers, basically the topics with the most votes will be classified as important and those without votes will be ignored, the community will have impact, but in the end those who will decide which topics are more important will be the developers

The problem is that there will be too many topics and the developers will not want to read all of them, so for that there must also be a control, a limitation, or something that makes reading easier.

This is already exactly how things work. You’re misconstruing the issue to pretend you have a point, and you’re advocating for things to be as they already are 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

Do you think the developers are any less divided than the community? They like us are people, and people have their own opinions.

We know for a fact that there is a huge discrepancy between the desires and intentions of some of the developers.

While this topic is being discussed, I made a post in the feedback forum recently about the noise effects of Nezha’s divine spears.

I posted at a weird time, my post went by unnoticed, didn’t even get viewed by anyone, and then suddenly.

My post got 1 view, one like, and one comment. From DE musclyarms. Thanking me for my feedback and saying Nezha’s sound effects will be toned down in the next update.

The only person that saw or replied to my post was the one person that mattered. So I think things actually work quite well.

En 12/8/2021 a las 16:41, Ascarith dijo:

This seems very counterintuitive to me.

How do you envision this working if the hierarchy "separating topics that are worth reading from those that are not worth reading" would require someone from DE to read every topic anyways (to assess whether it was worth reading or not)?

I just want to make it clear that developers are the only ones who can decide which topics are important

But we already know that developers are not going to want to read so many topics at the same time, and that's where the community takes relevance

The developers will focus more on the topics that are popular for the community and I'm not saying that popular topics are going to be the best topics, but popularity can draw their attention more easily

Or the developers can also do something to make the topics more concise and make it easier for them to read

And I know that that sounds contradictory also because I said that the community is divided, but I'm not saying that the community will decide which topic is good, I'm just saying that, for example, if you like a topic you can vote for it make popular

And what does mean when a topic is important? If the developers see potential in a topic they will want the authors to elaborate it further and for other players to create suggestions to improve it

And the topics that are not important will be those that do not have potential, that is, they do not work.

hace 23 horas, Tiltskillet dijo:

wanted to read this feedback.  But I gave up since there was no clear label to tell me whether what I would read was "Interesting",  "Useful", or "Ignorable".  

There are ways to differentiate a good topic from a bad topic, but that depends because not all topics have the same standards, for example: a topic talking about combat does not follow the same standards as a topic that talks about missions

My point is that explaining all of that would include a lot of text

In addition, in the end those who will decide which topic is important or not will be the developers.

hace 23 horas, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

This is already exactly how things work. You’re misconstruing the issue to pretend you have a point, and you’re advocating for things to be as they already are 

I know it works like a voting, but do you think it's working?

I can safely say that no one in the community pays attention to the upvote button

Right now there is a voting, what does not exist is a DIRECT hierarchy, because if there were a hierarchy the section would be better divided

And the reasons for this problem is because:

1. Developers do not pay attention to topics, and therefore there is no hierarchy
2. The community does not pay attention to the upvote button, and therefore the developers do not pay attention to the topics

And honestly for me that means that a new voting system is needed, because I don't see upvotes working, but if you say is working tell me how.

hace 22 horas, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

While this topic is being discussed, I made a post in the feedback forum recently about the noise effects of Nezha’s divine spears.

I posted at a weird time, my post went by unnoticed, didn’t even get viewed by anyone, and then suddenly.

My post got 1 view, one like, and one comment. From DE musclyarms. Thanking me for my feedback and saying Nezha’s sound effects will be toned down in the next update.

The only person that saw or replied to my post was the one person that mattered. So I think things actually work quite well.

The problem you mentioned was on a smaller scale, I am not underestimating it, but these types of issues are easier to fix, and that is why it is easier for them to receive attention

Large-scale problems are more difficult to fix and therefore are less likely to receive attention

But the problem is not only that the developers do not pay attention to it, but also that the community does not pay attention to it, as you said, only 1 person attended your topic, and usually you cannot get the attention of the developers if the topic is not popular.

hace 22 horas, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

Do you think the developers are any less divided than the community? They like us are people, and people have their own opinions.

We know for a fact that there is a huge discrepancy between the desires and intentions of some of the developers.

No, but developers know things that the community doesn't, and I'm not saying that the community can't correct developers, but usually the community just relies on their subjective opinions, and subjectivity just creates chaos

In addition, the same community trusts developers more than the opinion of the players.

En 13/8/2021 a las 21:32, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

I give up, this guy doesn’t

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you're saying

While I am saying that a hierarchy and a new type of voting are needed for topics

And you are saying that it is not necessary because it already works

I just want you to understand that even if the developers like a topic and want to implement it in the game, it is likely that it will never be implemented, and this happens for various reasons, but I will mention only 2:

1. Because the idea does not receive the support of the community

2. Because the decision and resources do not belong to the developers

And the solution to these 2 is POPULARITY, but if you think that currently the "upvotes" can reach the necessary popularity then explain to me how, and so I can retire.

Archived