Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnum Force needs a buff along with all of the corrupted damage mods

So far the main purpose of the corrupted damage mods was to stack them with their regular counterpart (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point) which stack additively and results in diminishing returns is some scenarios.

But now that we have Galvanized CO mods, weapon arcanes and primed faction mods, there's no point in using corrupted damage mods along with their regular counterparts. It's basically a waste of a mod slot for majority of the end game builds.

Heavy Caliber and Vicious Spread offer the same amount of damage as Serration and Point Blank, while Magnum Force and Spoiled Strike offer out LESS damage than their regular counterparts, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point.

The biggest offender of them all however, is Magnum Force. I simply cannot understand why this particular Rare mod performs worse than it's regular Uncommon counterpart -Hornet Strike- while coming with a negative accuracy stat, costing more endo and credits to max out and occupying the same amount of mod capacity as Hornet Strike.

Let's just make a quick comparison between the treatment of corrupted Critical Chance mods and corrupted Damage mods for secondaries :

Creeping Bullseye : comes with +200% CC and -20% Fire Rate, only requires 9 mod capacity, and requires a reasonable amount of endo to max out.

It has 80% more CC than Pistol Gambit, has the same mod capacity of 9.

It has 13% more CC than Primed Pistol Gambit, 3 less mod capacity and only requires a fraction of the endo cost of the primed counterpart to max out. So it's basically even better than the primed counterpart while costing much less overall if you can counter the -20% Fire Rate that comes with it.

Now, Magnum Force : comes with +165% Damage (55% less than Hornet Strike which comes with +220% Damage), has the same capacity of 14, requires way more endo to max out and comes with the -55% Accuracy. That's ridiculous, why does a mod which is Rare, costs more to max out, has the same capacity cost and has a negative, performs worse than it's Uncommon counterpart which is all around better, costs less and doesn't suffer from a negative?

It's time to give the corrupted damage mods the same treatment you gave to corrupted CC mods, boost their stats past their regular counterparts, make them worth the cost and the negative effect they come with, and make them unstackable with their regular counterpart. Gives them a chance to compete with their regular counterparts. It'll widen the build variety.

Right now It's a no brainer to pick the regular damage mods instead of their corrupted counterparts if you only had to choose one, especially now that there is more benefit with slotting a Galavanized CO mod, faction mods or elemental mods instead of stacking corrupted damage mod along with their regular counterpart.

At the very least Magnum Force should offer +220% damage, not 165%. They should make it offer more than Hornet Strike and make it unstackable with Hornet Strike, same thing with the rest of them.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

At the very least Magnum Force should offer +220% damage, not 165%. They should make it offer more than Hornet Strike and make it unstackable with Hornet Strike, same thing with the rest of them.

No thank you to option two, since Galv CO is crap on certain weapons because they cannot produce enough unique statuses. Corrupted mods are a good solution there as a replacement, or if the weapon category doesnt have access to a primed elemental mod you wanna use. MF should probably be buffed to 220% though.

... I simply chose not to use Magnum Force... And I could clearly kill with my secondary in Steel Path reliably fast, even more so now with Galvanized Diffusion...

I didn't make this choice now. I made that choice when Solar Rail Conflicts were a thing. I don't need any loss of accuracy for a +165% bonus damage with diminishing returns, which is basically why most people don't use Magnum Force...

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No thank you to option two, since Galv CO is crap on certain weapons because they cannot produce enough unique statuses. Corrupted mods are a good solution there as a replacement, or if the weapon category doesnt have access to a primed elemental mod you wanna use. MF should probably be buffed to 220% though.

Of course, there are plenty weapons that do not benefit from Galvanized CO, but we also have merciless arcanes now which give out +360% Damage on R5. I think we're past the era when we needed to stack Regular and Corrupted mod together. There are many other beneficial options now, i don't think buffing them and making them unstackable would hurt anyone, the CC mods didn't at the very least.

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I simply chose not to use Magnum Force... And I could clearly kill with my secondary in Steel Path reliably fast, even more so now with Galvanized Diffusion...

I didn't make this choice now. I made that choice when Solar Rail Conflicts were a thing. I don't need any loss of accuracy for a +165% bonus damage with diminishing returns, which is basically why most people don't use Magnum Force...

That's the thing tho, Magnum Force is useless on it's own, they can make it so that atleast it can compete with Hornet Strike while having a negative. It'll result in more build variety for the players. I wouldn't choose Magnum Force even if it offered more damage on a weapon like Knell, since the Accuracy will definitely hurt the performance, but i would choose it on a weapon like Akarius. It's better than leaving it where it's currently gathering dust.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

Of course, there are plenty weapons that do not benefit from Galvanized CO, but we also have merciless arcanes now which give out +360% Damage on R5. I think we're past the era when we needed to stack Regular and Corrupted mod together. There are many other beneficial options now, i don't think buffing them and making them unstackable would hurt anyone, the CC mods didn't at the very least.

But why want a slightly stronger corrupted mod that is exclusive if there are no other mods available to fill the now empty spot on certain weapons to get back to the same point? You'd effectively nerf the damage for no real reason. Just because there are elemental mods to pick doesnt mean you want to, since they might screw over your stat weight and they also dont benefit towards slash procs etc.

And for weapons that currently cannot benefit from corrupted mods along with the regular one, it wouldnt change if the damage improves on the corrupted mod, since the negative is still there, which is the main reason those mods arent used on the majority of weapons.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

Magnum Force is useless on it's own

... I found it useless even with Hornet Strike so...

6 minutes ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

It's better than leaving it where it's currently gathering dust.

And it would still gather dust because most people would still not use it as it would negatively "break" their builds...

But hey, I applaud build diversity, truly... But I would probably applaud with the proper effort if people would actually think about their choices properly. Some choices are just bad, even if they want to lie to themselves that its a good choice...

... I do like Vicious Spread though... Makes shotguns feel like actual shotguns.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But why want a slightly stronger corrupted mod that is exclusive if there are no other mods available to fill the now empty spot on certain weapons to get back to the same point? You'd effectively nerf the damage for no real reason. Just because there are elemental mods to pick doesnt mean you want to, since they might screw over your stat weight and they also dont benefit towards slash procs etc.

And for weapons that currently cannot benefit from corrupted mods along with the regular one, it wouldnt change if the damage improves on the corrupted mod, since the negative is still there, which is the main reason those mods arent used on the majority of weapons.

Knowing DE, they wouldn't simply buff the corrupted mods without making it unstackable. Cause let's face it, corrupted mods need to have higher stat than their regular counterparts simply because they come with a negative. So if they were to buff Magnum Force past 220% and let it stack with Hornet Strike, it would result in power creep for plenty of AOE weapons. There should be something to balance this, which is basically what DE did with the CC mods, made the unstackable.

I myself am currently running Hornet Strike and Magnum Force together on my Akarius simply because Galvanized CO is currently bugged on consoles. If they buff the Magnum Force i'll replace the Hornet Strike with it. Because the additive damage is so miniscule that nothing will be lost, i can then use Magnum Force together with a Faction Mod or Galvanized mod. It's not really that big of deal, people dealt with Melee mod nerfs and they didn't complained about CC corrupted mods not stacking with their normal version, it'll only lead to a more healthy build diversity. The entire point is replicating a similar outcome as if they were stacked together, while also saving a precious slot. It's a small price to pay.

As for your second point, it basically reinforces my point. there are many weapons that need as much accuracy as they can get, they don't benefit from Magnum Force at all and they will not benefit from it if it gets buffed simply because the negative accuracy is not worth it. But there are other weapons that do not suffer from the negative, so it will only lead to more build diversity. it's a win win situation, better than what we currently have at least.

34 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I found it useless even with Hornet Strike so...

And it would still gather dust because most people would still not use it as it would negatively "break" their builds...

But hey, I applaud build diversity, truly... But I would probably applaud with the proper effort if people would actually think about their choices properly. Some choices are just bad, even if they want to lie to themselves that its a good choice...

... I do like Vicious Spread though... Makes shotguns feel like actual shotguns.

My point isn't turning the mod into a meta that everybody is gonna use. Which is currently Hornet Strike. The entire point is giving more options and making Magnum Force more viable. I still fail to see how buffing Magnum Force will affect someone that uses an accurate weapon in any negative way. They will continue to use Hornet Strike, that doesn't mean other weapons cannot benefit from it. The core problem is that the Magnum Force is overall a worse mod than Hornet Strike. It's a mod with the only use of it being placed in the slot that comes after Hornet Strike. If they buff it and make it unstackable it can at least compete with Hornet Strike, leading to more build diversity, very simple really.

25 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sure, but...

...looks at mod collection...

...what exactly makes you think DE cares about making all mods useful, or keeping some older mods from becoming less useful? 😉

They did buff the corrupted cc mods and made them unstackable, which was the correct move imo. It gave me hope that DE can do better so that's why i'm offering this feedback.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

Knowing DE, they wouldn't simply buff the corrupted mods without making it unstackable. Cause let's face it, corrupted mods need to have higher stat than their regular counterparts simply because they come with a negative. So if they were to buff Magnum Force past 220% and let it stack with Hornet Strike, it would result in power creep for plenty of AOE weapons. There should be something to balance this, which is basically what DE did with the CC mods, made the unstackable.

I myself am currently running Hornet Strike and Magnum Force together on my Akarius simply because Galvanized CO is currently bugged on consoles. If they buff the Magnum Force i'll replace the Hornet Strike with it. Because the additive damage is so miniscule that nothing will be lost, i can then use Magnum Force together with a Faction Mod or Galvanized mod. It's not really that big of deal, people dealt with Melee mod nerfs and they didn't complained about CC corrupted mods not stacking with their normal version, it'll only lead to a more healthy build diversity. The entire point is replicating a similar outcome as if they were stacked together, while also saving a precious slot. It's a small price to pay.

As for your second point, it basically reinforces my point. there are many weapons that need as much accuracy as they can get, they don't benefit from Magnum Force at all and they will not benefit from it if it gets buffed simply because the negative accuracy is not worth it. But there are other weapons that do not suffer from the negative, so it will only lead to more build diversity. it's a win win situation, better than what we currently have at least.

Crit mods were different though, since barely no one used the corrupted one, so there wasnt really a double stacking issue to consider in the first place. With the base damage mods there are though, since plenty of weapons use both right now, just as there are plenty that dont and wouldnt start doing so even if they got buffed. The crit mods became usable on nearly every crit weapon since the negative doesnt have near the drawback of what the base damage mods come with. Only reasons not to use the crit mods over the normal ones is if you have the primed secondary crit mod, since the difference is only uhm 13%(?) between the two or if you run a very low RoF gun that turns clunky with the corrupted mod. And obviously melee since you already have stacking crit there aswell as the sacrifical mod.

They'd have to buff the base damage mods severely to not make it a straight up nerf for many weapons.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Crit mods were different though, since barely no one used the corrupted one, so there wasnt really a double stacking issue to consider in the first place. With the base damage mods there are though, since plenty of weapons use both right now, just as there are plenty that dont and wouldnt start doing so even if they got buffed. The crit mods became usable on nearly every crit weapon since the negative doesnt have near the drawback of what the base damage mods come with. Only reasons not to use the crit mods over the normal ones is if you have the primed secondary crit mod, since the difference is only uhm 13%(?) between the two or if you run a very low RoF gun that turns clunky with the corrupted mod. And obviously melee since you already have stacking crit there aswell as the sacrifical mod.

They'd have to buff the base damage mods severely to not make it a straight up nerf for many weapons.

The point is that corrupted damage mods should be able to compete with their regular counterparts, which none of them do right now simply because they come with a negative drawback and not enough damage to compensate that, the only solution to that is to buff the damage they offer.

Now if we're going to make Magnum Force compete with the Hornet Strike, we'd have to make them unstackable. Because the entire point is to give another option than Hornet Strike to make a wider build variety. If we only buff Magnum Force and let them stack it'll only lead to even more power creep for the AOE weapons.

Your point is that if they become unstackable, it'll result in a nerf for builds that currently use both of them. and your solution is to buff the regular mods to compensate for the Magnum Force buff which i disagree with.

The point isn't about giving us more power, weapons are plenty powerful right now. the point is that Magnum Force is a useless mod and that needs to change.

Also you're missing the part that making Magnum Force unstackable after they buff it will basically make people who used both mods to only use the Magnum Force, thus making one precious slot free that you can add Faction mods to get even more damage compared to stacking Hornet Strike with Magnum Force. Like i said, we already got Arcane Merciless which works on every weapon and it made the combination of HS and MF obsolete, so it's better to use a different mod for multiplicative damage rather than using both of them for additive damage.

2 hours ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

The point is that corrupted damage mods should be able to compete with their regular counterparts, which none of them do right now simply because they come with a negative drawback and not enough damage to compensate that, the only solution to that is to buff the damage they offer.

Now if we're going to make Magnum Force compete with the Hornet Strike, we'd have to make them unstackable. Because the entire point is to give another option than Hornet Strike to make a wider build variety. If we only buff Magnum Force and let them stack it'll only lead to even more power creep for the AOE weapons.

Your point is that if they become unstackable, it'll result in a nerf for builds that currently use both of them. and your solution is to buff the regular mods to compensate for the Magnum Force buff which i disagree with.

The point isn't about giving us more power, weapons are plenty powerful right now. the point is that Magnum Force is a useless mod and that needs to change.

Also you're missing the part that making Magnum Force unstackable after they buff it will basically make people who used both mods to only use the Magnum Force, thus making one precious slot free that you can add Faction mods to get even more damage compared to stacking Hornet Strike with Magnum Force. Like i said, we already got Arcane Merciless which works on every weapon and it made the combination of HS and MF obsolete, so it's better to use a different mod for multiplicative damage rather than using both of them for additive damage.

Why should they be able to compete? That isnt something common for corrupted mods. Most of them are there to be stacked with regular versions if you look through what is available to frames etc.

And no, where did you see me say we should buff the regular mods? What? I'm saying Magnus Force should get buffed to the same value as Hornet Strike, since it would follow the other corrupted mods. And that should technically be enough since you are only talking about MF being useless.

I'm really not interested in faction mods, since I have zero desire to pop into my loadout and change whenever I happen to swap Steel Path missions.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why should they be able to compete? That isnt something common for corrupted mods. Most of them are there to be stacked with regular versions if you look through what is available to frames etc.

Because these mods are useless even when used alongside their regular counterparts, and they don't have any use on their own. You bring up the corrupted mods for frames which i didn't even said anything about, but even those mods always come with a much higher stats than their normal counterparts. And i'm not saying all the corrupted mods should be unstackable as a rule, only the damage mods should be after they get a long overdue buff.

So if you're asking why would i suggest they make them unstackable? Because now we have Galvanized mods AND Arcane Merciless which gives more than twice the damage of corrupted damage mods at max rank, with no negatives attached. You can already delete everything from the map with a proper build that doesn't include both in steelpath. Making these two mods unstackable will not hurt anyone in the slightest, me included since i have been using both on my secondary for some time now. I'll soon drop the Magnum Force for Galvanized CO when they fix the mod. You're acting as if it'll be the end of the world if they don't let us stack these two, no it really isn't. Magnum Force, Heavy Caliber, Vicious Spread and Spoiled Strike are all outdated and obsolete now.

40 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And no, where did you see me say we should buff the regular mods? What?

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Isn't that basically what you were implying here? You have to keep in mind that corrupted ones would get a boost past their regular counterpart, so the damage gap wouldn't even be that big if they were unstackable.

42 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm saying Magnus Force should get buffed to the same value as Hornet Strike, since it would follow the other corrupted mods. And that should technically be enough since you are only talking about MF being useless.

I think you're missing the entire point, i'm not only talking about the Magnum Force here. I just put it at the center of discussion because it is the biggest let down of them all. Doesn't mean the rest are good. They should all go past the damage value of their regular counterpart. In the case of Magnum Force it shouldn't have been at the 165% damage in the first place. If they change the value of it to 220% i'm not going to consider it a buff, it's am oversight that needs to be fixed.

48 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm really not interested in faction mods, since I have zero desire to pop into my loadout and change whenever I happen to swap Steel Path missions.

Me neither, doesn't mean they're the only better options tho. Elemental Mods, Galvanized Mods, Utility Mods etc. can give you the same results or better in some cases as corrupted damage mods.

Corrupted damage mods should be able to stand on their own now, like the rest of the corrupted mods do. I want to be able to slot Magnum Force instead of Hornet Strike, not after it. I could use the remaining slot for a whole bunch of other interesting mods.

This isn't about power creep, you don't even need any of the corrupted damage mods for steelpath now. It's about giving more spotlight to a category of outdated mod with outdated purpose, which leads to more build diversity. I promise you being able to choose from the two for different weapons and different builds is much better than having to always slot Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike etc. In your weapon and not even thinking about the corrupted ones as a valuable option.

5 hours ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

In the case of Magnum Force it shouldn't have been at the 165% damage in the first place.

I'm not arguing a point--this is just something you reminded me of that I found amusing: 

it wasn't -that- long ago Magnum Force was only 66%.  🤪 

11 hours ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

So far the main purpose of the corrupted damage mods was to stack them with their regular counterpart (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point) which stack additively and results in diminishing returns is some scenarios.

But now that we have Galvanized CO mods, weapon arcanes and primed faction mods, there's no point in using corrupted damage mods along with their regular counterparts. It's basically a waste of a mod slot for majority of the end game builds.

Heavy Caliber and Vicious Spread offer the same amount of damage as Serration and Point Blank, while Magnum Force and Spoiled Strike offer out LESS damage than their regular counterparts, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point.

The biggest offender of them all however, is Magnum Force. I simply cannot understand why this particular Rare mod performs worse than it's regular Uncommon counterpart -Hornet Strike- while coming with a negative accuracy stat, costing more endo and credits to max out and occupying the same amount of mod capacity as Hornet Strike.

Let's just make a quick comparison between the treatment of corrupted Critical Chance mods and corrupted Damage mods for secondaries :

Creeping Bullseye : comes with +200% CC and -20% Fire Rate, only requires 9 mod capacity, and requires a reasonable amount of endo to max out.

It has 80% more CC than Pistol Gambit, has the same mod capacity of 9.

It has 13% more CC than Primed Pistol Gambit, 3 less mod capacity and only requires a fraction of the endo cost of the primed counterpart to max out. So it's basically even better than the primed counterpart while costing much less overall if you can counter the -20% Fire Rate that comes with it.

Now, Magnum Force : comes with +165% Damage (55% less than Hornet Strike which comes with +220% Damage), has the same capacity of 14, requires way more endo to max out and comes with the -55% Accuracy. That's ridiculous, why does a mod which is Rare, costs more to max out, has the same capacity cost and has a negative, performs worse than it's Uncommon counterpart which is all around better, costs less and doesn't suffer from a negative?

It's time to give the corrupted damage mods the same treatment you gave to corrupted CC mods, boost their stats past their regular counterparts, make them worth the cost and the negative effect they come with, and make them unstackable with their regular counterpart. Gives them a chance to compete with their regular counterparts. It'll widen the build variety.

Right now It's a no brainer to pick the regular damage mods instead of their corrupted counterparts if you only had to choose one, especially now that there is more benefit with slotting a Galavanized CO mod, faction mods or elemental mods instead of stacking corrupted damage mod along with their regular counterpart.

No.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not arguing a point--this is just something you reminded me of that I found amusing: 

it wasn't -that- long ago Magnum Force was only 66%.  🤪 

Yep, only got buffed back in 2019, which is really depressing to think about. DE didn't even go all the way to make it even with Hornet Strike smh.

17 hours ago, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture said:

Because these mods are useless even when used alongside their regular counterparts, and they don't have any use on their own. You bring up the corrupted mods for frames which i didn't even said anything about, but even those mods always come with a much higher stats than their normal counterparts. And i'm not saying all the corrupted mods should be unstackable as a rule, only the damage mods should be after they get a long overdue buff.

So if you're asking why would i suggest they make them unstackable? Because now we have Galvanized mods AND Arcane Merciless which gives more than twice the damage of corrupted damage mods at max rank, with no negatives attached. You can already delete everything from the map with a proper build that doesn't include both in steelpath. Making these two mods unstackable will not hurt anyone in the slightest, me included since i have been using both on my secondary for some time now. I'll soon drop the Magnum Force for Galvanized CO when they fix the mod. You're acting as if it'll be the end of the world if they don't let us stack these two, no it really isn't. Magnum Force, Heavy Caliber, Vicious Spread and Spoiled Strike are all outdated and obsolete now.

Isn't that basically what you were implying here? You have to keep in mind that corrupted ones would get a boost past their regular counterpart, so the damage gap wouldn't even be that big if they were unstackable.

I think you're missing the entire point, i'm not only talking about the Magnum Force here. I just put it at the center of discussion because it is the biggest let down of them all. Doesn't mean the rest are good. They should all go past the damage value of their regular counterpart. In the case of Magnum Force it shouldn't have been at the 165% damage in the first place. If they change the value of it to 220% i'm not going to consider it a buff, it's am oversight that needs to be fixed.

Me neither, doesn't mean they're the only better options tho. Elemental Mods, Galvanized Mods, Utility Mods etc. can give you the same results or better in some cases as corrupted damage mods.

Corrupted damage mods should be able to stand on their own now, like the rest of the corrupted mods do. I want to be able to slot Magnum Force instead of Hornet Strike, not after it. I could use the remaining slot for a whole bunch of other interesting mods.

This isn't about power creep, you don't even need any of the corrupted damage mods for steelpath now. It's about giving more spotlight to a category of outdated mod with outdated purpose, which leads to more build diversity. I promise you being able to choose from the two for different weapons and different builds is much better than having to always slot Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike etc. In your weapon and not even thinking about the corrupted ones as a valuable option.

But not all weapons can make use of galvanized CO, those weapons would effectively be hit by this, because those corrupted mods are their option for the same (yet static) gain galv CO gives status heavy weapons. While at the same time the weapons that can already make use of galv CO will get even stronger. I also feel like you dont realize that if someone has a corrupt base damage mod slotted, it is because there are no other options for that slot in their build. Because people tend to care about not diluting their status distribution, which something like an extra elemental mod would do. Those mods simply arent substitutes. That wouldnt change even if they buff the corrupted base damage mods and make them exclusive. If my status spread is at a good point I want it to stay that way. And if they make the corrupted mods so strong that there isnt a choice to skip them on weapons that currently use them, then you remove the option to keep using things like Amalgam Serration, which also is a massive QoL for the whole build. This is because on the weapons that currently utilize both, there wouldnt be a poissibility to regain the lost damage of not being able to stack, so you'd be pushed to skip AS of the two mods to keep the damage.

And I refered to corrupted base damage mods when I said they'd need a massive buff to base damage mods, since we are talking about corrupted base damage mods.

You idea to buff the corrupted mods and keep them exlusive would only benefit weapons that have AoE (most of them atleast) or keep pinpoint accuracy even with the negative. Making the gap even bigger between single target and AoE guns. And every rifle weapon that currently uses them as an extra mod would be directly nerfed, since few would like to give up Amalgam Serration out of the two. And technically it would be power creep.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But not all weapons can make use of galvanized CO, those weapons would effectively be hit by this, because those corrupted mods are their option for the same (yet static) gain galv CO gives status heavy weapons.

That's not entirely true. Technically Galvanized CO works on every weapon, as long as you have a tool to prime your target, basically the same combo as the original melee CO and Kuva Nukor.

Also the Galvanized CO damage buff currently doesn't benefit the AoE damage, which brings AoE and single target to the same level in that regard.

Galvanized CO is always a better option than corrupted mods, you only need 3 status applied to your target to surpass the damage that Heavy Caliber or Serration gives you on primaries, and only 2 status to hit 220% damage (same as Hornet Strike) on secondaries. You can mod deconstructor to apply +3 statuses on it's own with +100% status chance.

While at the same time the weapons that can already make use of galv CO will get even stronger.

Not true, the AoE weapons that can already use the corrupted mods (which are not negatively affected by the -Accuracy) wouldn't see a buff from this due to the Galvanized CO not taking effect on AoE damage. It's balanced.

You have to also keep in mind that if they were to buff corrupted mods, the gap wouldn't be that large anyway, probably about 55% increase in damage for corrupted damage mods compared to regular damage mod which is fair considering they come with a negative.

I also feel like you dont realize that if someone has a corrupt base damage mod slotted, it is because there are no other options for that slot in their build. Because people tend to care about not diluting their status distribution, which something like an extra elemental mod would do. Those mods simply arent substitutes. That wouldnt change even if they buff the corrupted base damage mods and make them exclusive. If my status spread is at a good point I want it to stay that way.

There are plenty of options tho, especially now. And once again, we now have arcanes that do the job twice as better and they don't come with a negative. The benefits you would see from corrupted mods is miniscule now. Your only other option is not limited to status mods, there are a whole bunch of mods that you could benefit from. Hunter Munition, Primed Firestorm, Faction mods, Primed Shred etc.

There are much more options available to us now compared to 2013 when these corrupted mods were introduced.

And i'd argue that if they buff the corrupted mods it'll definitely lead to more build diversity along the arsenal of weapons that we have access to. Right now corrupted mods only serve as being the icing on the cake. Which is only applicable to the weapons that don't suffer from the negative effect. Meanwhile the regular damage mods are Always mandatory to use. If corrupted ones have better stats at least we'll have two options to choose from instead of the ones that are always on every single build.

And if they make the corrupted mods so strong that there isnt a choice to skip them on weapons that currently use them, then you remove the option to keep using things like Amalgam Serration, which also is a massive QoL for the whole build. This is because on the weapons that currently utilize both, there wouldnt be a poissibility to regain the lost damage of not being able to stack, so you'd be pushed to skip AS of the two mods to keep the damage.

They could make them stackable with those unique mods which would solve this problem. Because the AS comes with a QoL benefit other than just damage (while having 10% lower damage) i don't see a problem with that.

You idea to buff the corrupted mods and keep them exlusive would only benefit weapons that have AoE (most of them atleast) or keep pinpoint accuracy even with the negative. Making the gap even bigger between single target and AoE guns. And every rifle weapon that currently uses them as an extra mod would be directly nerfed, since few would like to give up Amalgam Serration out of the two. And technically it would be power creep.

It'd be more of a nerf to AoE than a buff, the single target weapons would remain untouched.

AoE weapons can currently use both regular damage mod and corrupted damage mods, even if they buff the corrupted damage mods and make them unstackable, it wouldn't reach the combined damage of both regular damage mods and pre-buff corrupted damage mods.

Let's take primaries as an example :

Serration 165% + Heavy Caliber 165% = 330%

Now let's say they buff Heavy Cal to 220% (55% damage increase) be on par with the Hornet Strike. It's still 110% lower than the combination of both mods. But now you have one free slot and you can do way more interesting stuff with it to. It'll also lower the gap between AoE and single target weapons. And once again, we now have weapon arcanes that benefit both AoE and single target weapons, with a whopping 360% damage.

corrupted mods have been forgotten for years: they've never really bothered adding any new ones, since Rivens exist and they can also function as Corrupted mods, especially since the best  Riven rolls are ones with a negligible negative stat like - zoom. given how long it took DE to fix the basic status mods form 15% to the 90% they're at now, I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix any time soon. until then regular builds with Galvanized mods will do the trick just fine.

Archived