Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 years away and not sure where to start again?

(PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk

Question

PS4 player here and I left the game way back when the new melee system came out and was a mess on controller. But I recently found out that the melee system was restored to roughly what it was before. So I came back and am having a blast, but there is so much stuff that I have no idea about. I was a super casual player that mainly just played defense/survival missions for the lulz and was doing the same star chart stuff when I left. 

- Helminth

- Railjack

- Eidolons

- "Steel Path" 

- "Orbs"

These are all phrases that I have come across the past couple of days while looking at chat or watching videos. Eidolon hunts were a thing when I left I do know that, but I never actually got that far. I was still doing the star chart. 

So where do I start up again? Is there some stuff that is already out of favor? 

7 answers to this question

Honestly if you were enjoying doing certain content before, that's what I would start with.  Just ease back into it and start having fun again!  In 2 years there has been a ton of content added, and I can easily imagine getting overwhelmed if you try to "catch up".  I'd recommend just playing, and whenever you see something neat (like a weapon, or a mod, etc) that seems up your alley, go to the wiki and it will tell you how to get it, and treat that as a sort of mini-quest for yourself.  If you happen to hit a wall where you're having trouble surviving or killing enemies, there are plenty of videos you can check out from YouTubers who show builds for various weapons and Warframes (personally I recommend Brozime).

If you're looking for new content, you can check the Quest list in your Orbiter, and that should help you unlock a lot and experience a ton of new stuff.  Each quest should show the prerequisites to start the quests, and you should see quests for Deimos (which will lead to the Helminth system unlock), Fortuna (which will lead to the Orb fights), and Rising Tides (which will lead to Railjack).  If you've visited Cetus, the quests there will nudge you towards Eidolons (if you're interested, which a good deal of people aren't).

Steel Path is sort of just like a hard mode of the game that you unlock once you've completed every node on the Star Chart.  There are some cool rewards that you can get from there.  It's there if and when you want it!

Hope this helps!  Take your time and have a good one!

1 hour ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

PS4 player here and I left the game way back when the new melee system came out and was a mess on controller. But I recently found out that the melee system was restored to roughly what it was before. So I came back and am having a blast, but there is so much stuff that I have no idea about. I was a super casual player that mainly just played defense/survival missions for the lulz and was doing the same star chart stuff when I left. 

- Helminth

- Railjack

- Eidolons

- "Steel Path" 

- "Orbs"

These are all phrases that I have come across the past couple of days while looking at chat or watching videos. Eidolon hunts were a thing when I left I do know that, but I never actually got that far. I was still doing the star chart. 

So where do I start up again? Is there some stuff that is already out of favor? 

The longest break I have ever taken was maybe 6-8 months. 2 years is quite some time and there has been a big chunk of content added and things changed around. 

I'd say if I was on PSN I could talk you through and run through the new content with you but until we get crossplay/crosssave (which was announced this last tennocon21) then I am just words on a page. 

I'd say finish your start chart, and while you are doing that get your daily bounty caps at the 3 open world areas for all the different factions.

Next work on your main quests you have missed.

In time you will...

Get yourself a shiny Necramech

Equip yourself with a massive weapon once only meant for archwing (Archguns)

Subsume a Warframe to the Helminth segment

Deck yourself in a shiny ephemera to show off your achievements

Travel the galaxy on your Railjack with your newly hired crew or group of players

Conquer the Corpus and Kuva Liches to obtain a new very powerful weapon

All of this while preparing yourself for the New War that is coming...

Happy adventures fellow Tenno, and welcome back!

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Take your time

^^This is good advice.

Also Eidolon Hunts are still a significant part of the game. If you had not reached them yet, maybe you could make a little progress towards that. Specifically, I suggest making a "real" amp (also known as Tier 1 Amp). It's good for many things in your Warframe life and a valuable tool, even if you don't participate in eidolon hunts.

Spoiler
Components Prism Scaffold Brace
Series 1
(1 / C1)
XWbJIOl.png
Raplak Prism
4iZLASm.png
Pencha Scaffold
F5hYJ0V.png
Clapkra Brace
Semi-auto, long-range, precise hit-scan. Charged beam. +40 Amp Energy pool

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

The longest break I have ever taken was maybe 6-8 months. 2 years is quite some time and there has been a big chunk of content added and things changed around. 

I'd say if I was on PSN I could talk you through and run through the new content with you but until we get crossplay/crosssave (which was announced this last tennocon21) then I am just words on a page. 

I'd say finish your start chart, and while you are doing that get your daily bounty caps at the 3 open world areas for all the different factions.

Next work on your main quests you have missed.

In time you will...

Get yourself a shiny Necramech

Equip yourself with a massive weapon once only meant for archwing (Archguns)

Subsume a Warframe to the Helminth segment

Deck yourself in a shiny ephemera to show off your achievements

Travel the galaxy on your Railjack with your newly hired crew or group of players

Conquer the Corpus and Kuva Liches to obtain a new very powerful weapon

All of this while preparing yourself for the New War that is coming...

Happy adventures fellow Tenno, and welcome back!

I really appreciate it. And yeah I think I will just start by finishing out my chart. Also you mentioned I should be doing Daily Bounties? What open world areas? 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Honestly if you were enjoying doing certain content before, that's what I would start with.  Just ease back into it and start having fun again!  In 2 years there has been a ton of content added, and I can easily imagine getting overwhelmed if you try to "catch up".  I'd recommend just playing, and whenever you see something neat (like a weapon, or a mod, etc) that seems up your alley, go to the wiki and it will tell you how to get it, and treat that as a sort of mini-quest for yourself.  If you happen to hit a wall where you're having trouble surviving or killing enemies, there are plenty of videos you can check out from YouTubers who show builds for various weapons and Warframes (personally I recommend Brozime).

If you're looking for new content, you can check the Quest list in your Orbiter, and that should help you unlock a lot and experience a ton of new stuff.  Each quest should show the prerequisites to start the quests, and you should see quests for Deimos (which will lead to the Helminth system unlock), Fortuna (which will lead to the Orb fights), and Rising Tides (which will lead to Railjack).  If you've visited Cetus, the quests there will nudge you towards Eidolons (if you're interested, which a good deal of people aren't).

Steel Path is sort of just like a hard mode of the game that you unlock once you've completed every node on the Star Chart.  There are some cool rewards that you can get from there.  It's there if and when you want it!

Hope this helps!  Take your time and have a good one!

Best returning players advice I've seen so far.

Because it have 8 years worth of contents, warframe is confusing even for players who are actively playing the game. Let alone returning players who are juggling between trying to remember things and learning new things.

So yeah, just find things that you're interested in, and use google to learn about it.

Welcome back and have fun, tenno!

My Advice... Go here and backtrack to the eidolons and then read everything going forwad from there.  (Skip anything that says hotfix, just check out the main updates).

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/152-playstation-update-notes/

They also added all the major updates to their main website now.   This might be easier to flip through all the major updates...

https://www.warframe.com/updates

I came back after five years, so I feel ya!

What worked for me: starting with the familiar, trying out one new thing at a time. Took me about 9 months to get caught up on all the content but avoided burn-out or frustration :)

Have fun Tenno, and welcome back!

Archived