If 95% of what I do is just Star Chart missions and fissures does it matter what Frame I use?

Argh, all this talk about Grendel is making me feel like just straight up buying him! The thought of bouncing around across walls as an agile sumo gourmand is hilarious-sounding.

....I do have a lot of weapons to level up at the moment, and thus no need to purchase additional slots for a bit 🤔

People who find Grendel to be bad is because he requires "effort" to use. This is not a frame like wukong where you "press and forget". He's also very annoying to get, doing tedious long missions with no mods, which is another reason for the hate.

You should give him a try if you can handle the energy management.

• Like 1

I farmed 3 grendel so far and I don't regret.

1 for the exilus augment of his 4th, 1 for the helminth and 1 umbra / primed sure-footed.

He's great at tanking and dealing damage (on corpus, if you can get rid of the nullies), and you can replace his 3rd for something else : gloom, ensnare, etc.

He's good enough for 1h of "casual" steelpath survival against any faction. (You don't have to pay much attention to his HP, you don't have to do a spell rotation of his powers every 20s, you don't have to spam powers for shieldgating, but you can).

The only drawback is that the best use of him is to use his 1st : get ~10 corpus crewmen in your gut then use his 2 for the energy buff then vomit. And vomiting dozen of people 3 times per minutes is a bit boring for long runs.

He is useful sometimes: Grendel can spit the mobs out of an airlock in Railjack missions and over boundaries in MR tests.
In the end my best advise is, that you should play the Warframe that is most fun for you personally.
No matter which one, you can run all available missions with every frame after some practice.

-c0y

• Like 2

Look at it this way; When You're using an efficient frame to speedrun fissures, you're progressing in a fast pace.

When you're using an inefficient frame that's fun for you, you burn out slower than you would (implying you don't have fun playing the more efficient way), which means you grind longer and still progress. That's still better than not making any progress at all towards your goal (either farm x frame/weapon or resources/creds even for later), plus you're having fun.

For the most part it doesn't matter, but some really slow game modes like Defense are better skipped with an efficient method when you have to play them because they simply don't have that much fun-potential.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

He is! I saw the chonky frame and immediately loved it, but then saw his kit and was like "dude that is so dumb I love it!" 

Then I looked up build guides and every single one is just ragging on him and I was like.....oh 😟

Grendel is amazing. Also it's just hilarious to go into the room and eat everyone there in moments, only to throw them up at a nearby wall. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

Should check the home stream from last Thursday, Rebecca played Grendel infused with 5 jump reset from helminth. Meatball looked even more silly than normal.

And since he's that unpopular, he's on the shortlist of frames that get the most infusion opportunities.😀

Mine is a super biased view but Grendel is one of my favorite frames to use. However, you may have trouble using him if you only plan on doing level 1-30 content because of his abilities' dependence on enemies surviving in his gut and the energy demands of such. In earlier missions, things you eat have such low health that they dissolve within seconds of entering your stomach or with a single cast of Nourish, meaning you have to spend more energy feasting to replenish the count if you want to maximize Pulverize. Basic starchart missions also pose little to no threat to Grendel's healthpool, meaning Rage/HA methods of energy regen are out the window.

He becomes a devastating powerhouse when you start getting into the 100+ range though. It's super satisfying to devour an entire room and see that little "40" in your skillbar.

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

People who find Grendel to be bad is because he requires "effort" to use. This is not a frame like wukong where you "press and forget". He's also very annoying to get, doing tedious long missions with no mods, which is another reason for the hate.

You should give him a try if you can handle the energy management.

To be completely fair, the biggest complaint about Grendel is his energy economy (for which he is pretty terrible compared to most other frames). His abilities are expensive given his mechanics and most players get their feet wet without fully exploring options for mitigating this negative. Having said that, I also don't really find him to require much effort. He is not near as difficult to play as Garuda (complicated mechanics) or Harrow (constantly refreshing multiple timers and managing multiple buffs/numbers). Grendel's most complicated issue is his Nourish ability (which can technically require a lot of effort but only really has 1-2 useful modes depending on your playstyle).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Grendel's most complicated issue is his Nourish ability (which can technically require a lot of effort but only really has 1-2 useful modes depending on your playstyle).

If Grendel got a Wisp 1 style augment that let him cast all buffs at once, I'd be a bit annoyed at the cop-out, but I'd use it.

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

If Grendel got a Wisp 1 style augment that let him cast all buffs at once, I'd be a bit annoyed at the cop-out, but I'd use it.

I would too. Unlike Wisp's 1, Grendel's 2 needs recast constantly. At least with Wisp you can set it and forget it in a number of game modes. 

I still think unlimited duration on her mote deployable is a weird design choice given how powerful they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Grendel is a beast, tears through steel path no problem, just eating enemies. Grendel is good, Youtubers are just dumbasses. Think about it, they make videos on YouTube

Preaching truth my dude

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Grendel is a beast, tears through steel path no problem, just eating enemies. Grendel is good, Youtubers are just dumbasses. Think about it, they make videos on YouTube

Had to laugh, but like most good humor there is an element of truth here. 

It really doesn't matter much. If you like the idea of Grendel, then get him and use him. Ultimately, it's all about the fun. 

• Like 2

Decent str and some range is all you really need. Once you swallow enemies up, you can hold to spit them out in a cone for great damage. I pretty much just run around eating enemies and puking them out to kill others, or nourish with them to heal/buff

I started with Volt, 99% time still play mostly with Volt. Pressing 1 to instantly zap and stagger trash mobs while running, pressing 4 to nuke rooms, 360 on 360 degrees area of effect, feels so simple and fluid that I always return to him.