Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How The Game Should Have Started

Black-Foxx

You awaken in your cryopod and find yourself with nothing familiar to you except your cryopod and your weapons that you have stashed in it.  All of a sudden you hear a voice in your head.

Lotus - Tenno I am Lotus,  I have awakened you from cryo sleep...  Hurry grab your weapons the Grineer are coming. 

All of a sudden hear alarms flashing and screaming intruder alert!  Intruder alert!  You scramble to grab your weapons out of your pod just as you hear the grineer closing in on the room. 

Lotus - you have to sneak your way through the enemy to their bio-lab where you can steal back one of three Warframes that was captured by the grineer.  I will guide you to the suit, but we have to hurry!

Tenno - How are you in my head and how do I know I can trust you. 

Lotus - Tenno, we do not have time...you have to follow my instruction if you want to survive.  The lab is only a few doors down but you must hurry before they initiate a lock down.

You follow her instructions to get into the lab, one there you find three stolen frames, here you must make a choice as to which frame you want....

Lotus - That's it, now get the hell outta here.

Rough story I know, I am better of thinking about how to make frames, but I figured it would be more fun if this is how we start.  I mean it just makes sense since many of the missions are to save captured tenno.

I like it but what if you are a male and you grab Mag's suit?

well you just have to tuck your ball under and roll with the punches.  This however is another reason why I don't understand why we don't have male and female versions of frames. I mean I understand the developer have to do more work and give up reasons why to choose females over males and vice versa, not just because one has fun bags.

i'm pretty sure lotus is talking to us via our helmets though. and if grineers had empty warframes in their hands god please have mercy on our poor souls. Also since we have massive amnesia it would be weird for us to find something "familiar". Also the rescue missions are never really tenno if you listen carefully they say tenno simpathiser.

They recently admitted that talks of both genders is still open.

Since so many make posts on the subject I expect they will get there eventually.

I would support that cause it just makes sense, unless they can come up with a reason why only certain genders are necessary.

only because that would mean they would have to go into more detail about the people and their suits, especially why certain frames are only male/female.

Actually, considering how Warframes work based on information from darkSector (which Warframe takes place in the distant future of), I'm pretty sure you can't take Warframes off.

Actually, considering how Warframes work based on information from darkSector (which Warframe takes place in the distant future of), I'm pretty sure you can't take Warframes off.

uh huh, well that could be true, but then again I am sure the corpus have a way.

uh huh, well that could be true, but then again I am sure the corpus have a way.

I personally follow the theory that the Warframes are human bodies augmented with Technocyte-based skinsuits (like Hayden Tenno was in darkSector) and the Tenno proper are the player presence in the form of AIs that can upload themselves to different Warframes and control them, or just humans controlling the Warframes remotely from another location.

That's more or less my explanation for why all the promotional materials refer to the Warframes as individuals yet seem to address the "Tenno" being briefed about it as if it were a separate entity.

I personally follow the theory that the Warframes are human bodies augmented with Technocyte-based skinsuits (like Hayden Tenno was in darkSector) and the Tenno proper are the player presence in the form of AIs that can upload themselves to different Warframes and control them, or just humans controlling the Warframes remotely from another location.

That's more or less my explanation for why all the promotional materials refer to the Warframes as individuals yet seem to address the "Tenno" being briefed about it as if it were a separate entity.

You are probably right, I haven't looked into the lore too much.  I am merely an outsider looking in, but if that was the case why would the tenno be in a cryo sleep, where would the player be?

You are probably right, I haven't looked into the lore too much.  I am merely an outsider looking in, but if that was the case why would the tenno be in a cryo sleep, where would the player be?

The Warframes would have to be kept in cryosleep because they're technically dead when inactive and must be preserved to prevent decomposition, while the players... well, the Orokin ships all seem to have been trying to escape into or through some sort of interdimensional void...