Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades and how they should be added to Warframe

(PSN)Treyjia

Certain weapons in the game feel as though they need something extra, something special, for example, Weapons without a alt-fire should have grenades as their alt-fire, many new Grenade mods for grenade types based on the Tenno, Grineer, Corpus and infested, & a custom Grenade moding slot for weapons without a alt-fire would be awesome.

Not a bad idea to be honest.

The main problem with non AOE weapons is there is no way for them to compete with AOE damage output. A grenade alt fire mode for weapons with no alt fire would greatly even the playing field and encourage use of lesser used weapons. Thks would require significant balancing but is a pretty smart idea.

idunno. i feel like there's a lot of 'Grenade Launchers' in the game already. and they............ are not very unique from one another generally, just being statistically superior or inferior.

now, if you want to make Grenade Launchers basically ubiquitous? you're going to need to make them have a lot of variety. i'm talking like, atleast something like 40 different types.

Here's what I think would work for Tenno themed weapons without alt-fire for lethals:

3-6 Explosive tracking kunai that blow weapons out the hands of enemies,

3-6 tracking Shurikens that cause heavy slash damage as they tag up to 3 enemies per Shuriken.

As for tactical:

3-6 Smoke bombs that turn the player Invisable and cause radiation to enemies caught inside.

This is what I could come up with for the Tenno themed grenades, also should grenades pull from stock ammo from the gun or should it have its own stock of grenades with its own icon on the hud?

As for the Grineer weapons without a alt-fire for lethals:

1 Incendiary grenade that works similar to a Molotov,

6-8 Wrist rockets that blast out and cover a area in explosive chaos, 

1-3 Roller explosives that work similar to Vaubens Tesla coils, 

1-2 Rollers that leave napalm where they find enemies,

As for tacticals: 

1-3 Rollers with the ability to seek out large groups of enemies and cause a flashbang up to 3 times, 

1-3 Rollers with the ability to seek out large groups of enemies and spray smoke in the area allowing players to turn invisable and cause radiation to enemies affected.

As for the Corpus weapons without a alt-fire for lethals: 

1 Grenade that blows up causing intense electricity damage and 3-6 seconds after flashbangs the same spot twice, 

1 Grenade that flash freezes enemies then 3-6 seconds later blows up and sprays napalm everywhere, 

4 C4 explosives that lets the user know how many enemies are in its explosive radius(tap alt-fire to toss them and hold alt-fire to detonate), 

As for tacticals: 

Do you remember that yellow corpus guy with the Lanka sniper rifle, well now imagine throwing down those drones he uses some times, now imagine the mods you could add to that drone, I would say 3 of those tacticals would be the max you can put down at a time and they could spawn about 5-9 of them drones if left alone long enough, 

1 shield drone that follows its user and deploys explosive mines and gives the user and allies ammo.

Now on to Infested weapons without a alt-fire for lethals: 

1 Grenade that blows up into gas and spawns 6-9 large spore particals that seek out allies and enemies, it kills enemies and buffs allies and just for fun it has a small chance to spawn friendly infested, it causes gas and radiation and if fire is used on it it burns everything in it and causes a damage buff on allies that are in the gas, 

3 parasite grenades that seek out and attach them selves to a host slowly killing them, they turn the host into a mobile turret and cause heavy bleeding and toxin, in addition, they can scale with the level of the enemy and pull 75% of the damage they deal and only 3 that can be active at a time, 

As for tacticals: 

1 tactical that bursts into gas that turns enemies into friendly infested (note: only if enemies die  to the gas do they turn) and after the gas changes color it can cause a defensive buff and heal players that are in the gas.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Not a bad idea to be honest.

The main problem with non AOE weapons is there is no way for them to compete with AOE damage output. A grenade alt fire mode for weapons with no alt fire would greatly even the playing field and encourage use of lesser used weapons. Thks would require significant balancing but is a pretty smart idea.

I agree entirely, I don't like the idea of a lesser weapon or a weapon that has only one feature.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

idunno. i feel like there's a lot of 'Grenade Launchers' in the game already. and they............ are not very unique from one another generally, just being statistically superior or inferior.

now, if you want to make Grenade Launchers basically ubiquitous? you're going to need to make them have a lot of variety. i'm talking like, atleast something like 40 different types.

Not grenade launchers, grenades, 

Also added some ideas for both lethals and tacticals, feel free to add your ideas as well.

Archived