Hoping for a market item (plat or not) to extract all built Formas from a weapon or frame

SerphV

As title says,

with the increase demand for Formas on Kuva/Tenet weapons and Necramech, wouldn't it be nice to have an item that extracts the built Formas from the weapons that are obsoleted? The process could/would destroy the weapon.

DE doesnt lose out if they are charging this item for plats right but it kinda saves the players from waiting and farming to build Formas and it would clear the inventory of those weapons / frames as well.

Will this work out?

Edited by SerphV

2 minutes ago, SerphV said:

DE doesnt lose out if they are charging this item for plats

Only if the price of it is equal to 1 forma, and 1 forma is all you can remove.

Will this work out?

Doubt it. If this is your solution, just buy more forma.

• Like 9

I have enough Formas, just feeling wasted that those high Forma weapons are sitting there collecting dust and doing nothing.

Dont wannna sell it off as well...

I wanna do house keeping haha~

First a side note
I have over 300 crafted (not bought) formas and it felt like a waste with each kuva/tenet weapon so i 100% understand your point

Yet you worry about kuva/tenet weapons while you me and everyone else have tons of weapons we formed which also eat dust?
Not to mention modular crap and companions
Or even warframes we formed and then switch to prime versions when they come out

Im not against your idea or behind it i just say we waste SO MANY FORMAS along the way that kuva/tenet weapons are just a little water drop in the ocean
Let that sink in for a moment

5 minutes ago, SerphV said:

I have enough Formas, just feeling wasted that those high Forma weapons are sitting there collecting dust and doing nothing.

Dont wannna sell it off as well...

I wanna do house keeping haha~

You highlight one of the reasons for forma.

You don't wanna sell it cos forma gives it more apparent value to yourself.

That sells more weapon slots. Your solution would lead to less sold.

• Like 1

i doubt it will be made, for monetary reasons,

Unless you are looking at a net positive on average for DE from plat perspective.

Like say 50p for a forma extract but can only return half of your forma (max 5) maybe some resources too.

i don't think on average you would need more than 4 forma on any weapon, so you return 2 forma that's 25p per forma ,

you can buy 3 for 35p , so 11.66 p per forma is market rate.

If you have 10 forma on a weapon you get back 5 , so 10 p per forma and loss of a heavily invested weapon but slightly cheaper forma now and a free weapon slot if you sell/destroy it in the process (which would be 6 p saved).

Yeah, a 50p item with a cap would be suitable i think. But you could pretty much buy more forma and slots for nearly the same amount.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

It sounds like you have an idea for warframe.

And just like millions of other ideas that came before it will never happen.

General Discussion have three point nine million posts. Most of them are ideas for the game. Want to guess how many out of those 3.9 million that actually got implemented in the game?

Buy a forma bundle, mate.

• Like 2

Use the valence system to let me upgrade items when Primes come out.

Weapons it makes little sense, frames there'd be an interesting choice if you want and don't have their subsume ability. In most cases though if someone kitted out a frame with potatoes and multiple forma then they'd probably appreciate that not being obsolete when their gold-chrome paint comes around.

Assuming the pricing would be equivalent to buying forma this would be utterly pointless. This is just a problem with your perception. Paying X plat to extrat forma and destroy a weapon is ultimately no different than paying X plat for new forma and selling the weapon. Both result in losing X plat and a weapon and gaining a forma and a weapon slot. The only difference is one feels proactive while the other feels wasteful but this is just down to skewed human perceptions and faulty vaule weights.

• Like 1

I was thinking this was a daft idea, but you do get forma back from destroying dojo rooms, so why not frames and weapons?

And if the point is to extract currency why stop at Forma.  Destroy your Sibear to get back some of the 30,000 cryotic, or reclaim all those nano-spores you wasted on mastery fodder!

DE have several 'vendors' in-game where you sacrifice resources to get other resources, such as the Deimos family and Helminth.  Sure something similar could be cooked up for weapon/frame 'sacrifice'.

11 минут назад, Invisibleaxeman сказал:

I was thinking this was a daft idea, but you do get forma back from destroying dojo rooms, so why not frames and weapons?

And if the point is to extract currency why stop at Forma.  Destroy your Sibear to get back some of the 30,000 cryotic, or reclaim all those nano-spores you wasted on mastery fodder!

DE have several 'vendors' in-game where you sacrifice resources to get other resources, such as the Deimos family and Helminth.  Sure something similar could be cooked up for weapon/frame 'sacrifice'.

nope thanks

You literally can get 1 Forma per day. That is basically 30 Forma per month. I doubt you would use more than 5 Forma on those Tenet/Kuva weapons, so you can fully build 6 of those weapons per month.

So, I don't think it is necessary to have that kind of Forma remover... Well, except for Umbral or Stance or Aura Forma which is really limited.

it never fails to amuse me seeing the workarounds people come up with for getting Forma back lol.

as nice as it would be to have any Forma refunded, DE make WAY too much money out of Forma Bundles to ever allow that to go ahead. there's a reason why everyone freaked out about the prospect of the next Plague Star not having built Forma to buy (IIRC it was confirmed that it will), because they saw it as a chance for DE to further monetize a commodity that we use so often. 

the best thing to do is carefully consider where your Forma is going to go before you use it, remembering that frames get prime versions eventually, and most vanilla weapons may one day get an enhanced variant too. 

• Like 1

I think they should make subsumed warframes return forma used(maybe return 75% of used forma but with a minimum of 1 returned just for when 75% is less than 1). It would actually give me reason to forma something that isn't prime and I'd probably end up buying more forma to play around with non primes, it's very rare that I ever forma a non prime and even then I tend to limit myself. Its just so hard to justify throwing plat away on something I am definitely going to replace with its prime variant. 

I'd even be content purchasing it with plat as a helminth segment. 

• Like 1

warframe is getting old at formas construction...23 hours is too much. Most of the new players left warframe very fast...

And DE is always forcing us to put more formas with new mods...look ate point strike....now we have delay critical....not much fair.

Edited by Vaml77

I have 26 Formas and 83 forma blueprints, 0 plat spent. Formas are literally raining if you join syndicates, do endless missions and Void Fissures, be it solo or co-op. All I need is enough resources to craft them, that I also have, but forma so rarely that I often forget to start daily crafting process. There are resources/items, that are more valuable and much harder to get (higher tier Focus lenses, Tellurium, Umbra forma, Reactors and Catalysts, Nitain and Kuva (yes, I say THANK GOD for Nightwave) - I think Forma is not one of them.

I say, let the Forma junkie's wallet take the beating, so we can continue enjoying free aspects of the game.

Edited by Hayrack