Jump to content
  • 0

Nekros farm: after over 25 tries, still no Neuroptics


Pulsar63
 Share

Question

I know this is a common complaint, but I still find it baffling: while farming Lephantis (Deimos) for Nekros parts, I keep getting Chassis and Systems. I have got over a dozen of both... but still no Neuroptics.

Since the Wiki page says the parts have a 33.333% probability each, this seems unlikely: could it be a bug? Could it be a subtle way - for DE - to push players to buy Nekros Prime? Could it be I am that unlucky...?!?

Lephantis battle is not much difficult (once I got the right stuff), but it's quite long... and not much fun. This doesn't fee like RNG; it feels like punishment :-(

 

Does anybody had similar experiences? I don't remember any Frame parts getting so long to show up (unless it had a small probability number).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
16 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Remember a 1 in 3 chance is the same 1 million in 3 million chance, keep going rng is a pain at times.

This.

Even 90% chance could result you getting the 10% that you don't want twenty five tries in a row.

Ikr, math is a liar.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I know your pain. I had to go over 20+ runs to get Sevagoth's neuroptics. Got a dozen Wisp bp and half a dozen of her other parts without her neuroptics. Had to run 2 more 10 rounds disruptions to get Gauss' neuroptics while I got the other 2 parts in my first run. 

Neuroptics are a pain to farm. Just keep going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Yes. I had a 32 run for Nova. run through the tunnels, blast the raptors (I got good at it, I coudl kill all 3 before they even came fully out of the tubes) and then run back to extract. Made my head spin after a while, I honestly got to one point I was at a kink in the twisty Europa tunnels and couldn;t figure out where I was or how to get on track.

That was a 20% drop rate for the PITA piece. So yes, the RNG is like that sometimes. It will always be like that the more you want something, the more you'll notice. You just have to keep plugging away, but its always a real problem. DE should address a truly bad run of luck like this, possibly with max runs feature (10?) where all the parts drop at once or a special trader where you can trade in 3 of an item for a missing piece, no more 20 systems and no neuroptics - you've done the game, done the work, put in the effort, and are just being *@##$slapped by the RNG.

Ii really quite like that idea, trade in 3 (or 4 or 5, or even 10 would be better than what we have today) in exchange for the 1 part you have been grinding for. Making it tradable for plat was a poor choice as they're now just part fo the greedy player market, making it tradable with an NPC means you still have to play the game to get the item you want.

 

Of course, the problem is that those parts that are dropped by higher level enemies (think Harrow) would be tradable for the easier parts, so a variable exchange rate would have to be added. 1 Harrow systems for 10000 Harrow chassis perhaps, but for those parts where they all drop from the same mission, something needs to be done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Yes. I had a 32 run for Nova. run through the tunnels, blast the raptors (I got good at it, I coudl kill all 3 before they even came fully out of the tubes) and then run back to extract. Made my head spin after a while, I honestly got to one point I was at a kink in the twisty Europa tunnels and couldn;t figure out where I was or how to get on track.

That was a 20% drop rate for the PITA piece. So yes, the RNG is like that sometimes. It will always be like that the more you want something, the more you'll notice. You just have to keep plugging away, but its always a real problem. DE should address a truly bad run of luck like this, possibly with max runs feature (10?) where all the parts drop at once or a special trader where you can trade in 3 of an item for a missing piece, no more 20 systems and no neuroptics - you've done the game, done the work, put in the effort, and are just being *@##$slapped by the RNG.

Ii really quite like that idea, trade in 3 (or 4 or 5, or even 10 would be better than what we have today) in exchange for the 1 part you have been grinding for. Making it tradable for plat was a poor choice as they're now just part fo the greedy player market, making it tradable with an NPC means you still have to play the game to get the item you want.

 

Of course, the problem is that those parts that are dropped by higher level enemies (think Harrow) would be tradable for the easier parts, so a variable exchange rate would have to be added. 1 Harrow systems for 10000 Harrow chassis perhaps, but for those parts where they all drop from the same mission, something needs to be done.

What about universal medallions for about 10 of easy to get stuff?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The idea is to reward players for running the mission, whilst reducing the pain of the random rewards. Once you make a different mission provide a resource for that mission, people will stop playing it and will farm the alternative resource instead. This is why it has to be a drop from the original misison.

It could be better if any mission dropped tokens that could be redeemed for parts that were all specific to a single mission - nekros tokens that only drop from Lephantis, that you can then redeem for the 3 parts, but then you are making the number of runs deterministic - if 1 token = 1 part, then you need to run exactly 3 missions. If it's 2 tokens per part, then 6 runs exactly is required. That's not totally in keeping with the design (perhaps it is though), but still better than the RNG horror we sometimes get.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

We've never actually been told how many runs that percentage is based off and due to the way that probability works you could end up needing to do the 66% of whatever total runs (it could be 3 or 3billion) it is before you even see the part you want. 

 

As to trying to get the part, try mixing things up with a different frame and/or people you're running it with, sometimes the host being different can make a difference, at least in my experience. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think the worst ever farm I had was with Saryn systems, took me over 36 something tries to get it, with Equinox taking about 25 or so to get every part.

At least with Nekros it's just a boss fight and you get useful stuff like cells and neurodes, with Saryn you have to fight in Arena to earn tokens to even begin to fight Kela for Saryn parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It's unfortunate, but the way probability works, every single time you roll the dice you have a 67% chance of not getting the item you want.  Every single time you play the mission, the most likely outcome is that you will leave unsuccessful.  And whether you have already done the mission 0 or 100 times won't adjust that 67% chance of failure.

Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get unlucky.  You have my condolences.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

We've never actually been told how many runs that percentage is based off

It's not based on any number of runs. It's simply the % for each attempt. The % doesn't increase or decrease, it's exactly the same every time. 

Which is why the wiki also shows the cumulative probability, i.e. # attempts for 'nearly' guaranteed. 

Rng is rng.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, o1517 said:

Sometimes its better to just trade for it in market if you can.

I would if I could :-)

But with "basic" Warframes (not Prime), no trading is allowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Ironically enough, yesterday (after I created this thread and replied here) during the first Lephantis mission I got... the missing Neuroptics :-)

Knowing this in advance, I wouldn't have created this thread.

 

OTOH, maybe... DE did read this thread, was moved to compassion, and decided to help me ;-)

Who knows! :-D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...