Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to play valkyr?

sauceyboii11

Question

13 answers to this question

Been a bit since I've played her (though I've been thinking of practicing recently since I've been doing a lot of Jupiter stuff).

Mostly I remember that while Paralysis does some damage, I found most of its use in opening enemies up to Finishers. It's nice because it's quite low energy cost (honestly, I'm looking through the wiki at the moment and only now realise it had a tiny cost 😅). I may play her next time, get back with some more suggestions

edit: 🤔 I think Paralysis was my most-used skill. Ripline sometimes found use in wide open areas, but if I recall correctly, the other two were quite energy-hungry and so I'd keep them in the back pocket until certain situations. Gonna have to play her though to really remember properly

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Been a bit since I've played her (though I've been thinking of practicing recently since I've been doing a lot of Jupiter stuff).

Mostly I remember that while Paralysis does some damage, I found most of its use in opening enemies up to Finishers. It's nice because it's quite low energy cost (honestly, I'm looking through the wiki at the moment and only now realise it had a tiny cost 😅). I may play her next time, get back with some more suggestions

edit: 🤔 I think Paralysis was my most-used skill. Ripline sometimes found use in wide open areas, but if I recall correctly, the other two were quite energy-hungry and so I'd keep them in the back pocket until certain situations. Gonna have to play her though to really remember properly

You can use eternal war(warcry augment) and be a killing machine with the speed boost and now you don't have to spent any more to activate warcry👍

The only thing I know how to use.

1 minute ago, sauceyboii11 said:

You can use eternal war(warcry augment) and be a killing machine with the speed boost and now you don't have to spent any more to activate warcry👍

The only thing I know how to use.

Sounds cool 👍. I don't have that augment, but I have been wanting to get some augments in general for Valkyr, and that sounds like a good one to have (🤔 though I may have to supplement with something else, since melee can be quite high-risk at times).

52 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What content are you struggling with at the moment with Valkyr, @sauceyboii11?

Doesn't know how to use melee with ripline.

how to damage with paralysis.

I'm pretty sure she can die with my current build.(on sedna)

Just ain't enough satisfying using her.

In other I don't know how to use her even her.

5 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Doesn't know how to use melee with ripline.

You don't.

Maybe try Garuda / Ash if you want to combine a mobility tool with actual (Melee) damage,
or Nidus / Vauban / Mag to yoink enemies from far away.

how to damage with paralysis.

You don't.

I even tried a Condemn (yay Overshields) + Paralysis (and decent Range) setup on her, still wasn't all that impressive / practical.

I'm pretty sure she can die with my current build.(on sedna)

Well, share your build - plus not least playstyle - with us then?

Valkyr should be pretty hard to take down, how are you using her, what missions exactly give you trouble?
Are you paying attention to your Health and using her 4 to heal (assuming you don't have other healing sources) if necessary?

Just ain't enough satisfying using her.

In other I don't know how to use her even her.

Sounds more like you should be trying out other Frames.

While not the only build option or anything, I reckon Eternal War is kind of the best you can get out of Valkyr,
and if that doesn't do it for you, then dunno, seems likely she just might not be the right Frame for you.

Currently there's not much more to Valkyr than high armor stats+Eternal War and Eternal War can be used in other framed to which the base ability is subsumed.

Regardless, the builds suggested can last you for a while in Steel Path+Arbitration levels of content until facetanking isn't viable. (without cheesing Hysteria+Arcane Energize, if that's even still a thing)

But the frame needs an update at some point, even though it works its kit is one of the most dated now along with Zephyr, Loki and Hydroid.

Sorry for opening up an old thread, but I love Valkyr.

Like most others said, Valkitty is best built around eternal war and her 4th is purely for emergencies.

I like to use the Hirudo on her melee for its innate lifesteal.

Pop warcry and you're a blurry, physcho self healing tank kitty at mach 10, slicing through enemies like they're tomatoes in a food processor.

Archived