Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mods would be nice?

(XBOX)TehTobehKuchiki

Specifically you're reffering to corupted mods.

Yes, we need more.

Side note, inspired by the Gunfire rebord game, i want a mods for guns that gives no reload (you fire from the reserve) but gives a -20% damage or something.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb chaotea:

Side note, inspired by the Gunfire rebord game, i want a mods for guns that gives no reload (you fire from the reserve) but gives a -20% damage or something.

That whould be awesome.

And yes, we certainly need a new batch of corrupted mods.

I'd like to see similarly creative ones, like @chaotea's idea.

For example,

- Weapon damage + Power strength.

22 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Specifically you're reffering to corupted mods.

Yes, we need more.

I see some complications here with guns that have some warm up time, some are nothing but fodder but there are some exceptions like the Kuva Kohm. These guns all have high reload times so my best idea would be to make the (negative/positive) effects scale on reload time.

Not to mention there are mods that would work really weird with this:

• Wild Frenzy, you can't have both else it would be really wonky.
  • Charged/Primed Chamber, you don't reload so there is no first bullet.
  • Synth Charge, you don't reload so there is no last bullet.
  • Pressurized Magazine, you don't reload
  • Eject Magazine, ...

I think you get the picture

Pretty much all of the mods you are suggesting exist in the Conclave system already.

I've been asking for nearly a year now for these to be moved over to the main game, as conclave is effectively abandoned by the community and the mods are interesting.

For example, with a little bit of tweaking Calculated Victory could be a fantastic option for low survivability, high kill potential frames like Banshee and Meg.

Adept Surge would be nice for players that want to move quickly through missions and pride themselves on being hit little if at all.

Vital Systems Bypass would be useful on frames that rely on taking health damage for Rage or Hunter Recovery in order to regenerate energy.

On 2021-08-10 at 9:12 AM, Walkampf said:

That whould be awesome.

And yes, we certainly need a new batch of corrupted mods.

I'd like to see similarly creative ones, like @chaotea's idea.

For example,

- Weapon damage + Power strength.

Idk. That might be OP for builds that rely on spamming abilities. Such damage reduction wouldn’t matter with frames like Chroma or Rhino but their buffs can also buff allies for OP damage. 

And corrupted mods focus on either the frame or the weapon, not both. Doing so would cause some major OP builds. We definitely don’t need that. It’s unnecessary. 

If DE does, then I won’t complain. But I doubt they will due the reasons I’ve listed. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)chris1pat8twins:

Idk. That might be OP for builds that rely on spamming abilities. Such damage reduction wouldn’t matter with frames like Chroma or Rhino but their buffs can also buff allies for OP damage. 

Something like this already exists, the Aura mod Power Donation.

One player sacrifices a little of his/her own power to give his team a decent boost.

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Something like this already exists, the Aura mod Power Donation.

One player sacrifices a little of his/her own power to give his team a decent boost.

Reread my entire comment. Not just the part you quoted. The aura mod focuses strictly on the frame, not their weapons. So no, the mod does not exist cause the aura mod does not reduce weapon damage in exchange for power strength. 

Power Donation is not the same as sacrificing weapons damage for power strength. 

On 2021-08-10 at 12:06 PM, (PSN)theelix said:

Pretty much all of the mods you are suggesting exist in the Conclave system already.

I've been asking for nearly a year now for these to be moved over to the main game, as conclave is effectively abandoned by the community and the mods are interesting.

For example, with a little bit of tweaking Calculated Victory could be a fantastic option for low survivability, high kill potential frames like Banshee and Meg.

Adept Surge would be nice for players that want to move quickly through missions and pride themselves on being hit little if at all.

Vital Systems Bypass would be useful on frames that rely on taking health damage for Rage or Hunter Recovery in order to regenerate energy.

The stats are too low for them to be useful outside of conclave, also conclave has a small playerbase, but is only abandoned by the devs, I was playing conclave today, actually. Why should everything it offers be used in regular PvE. They would have to have much higher numbers, and that would unbalance them in Conclave.

Better to ask for similar mods but with altered amounts stat wise for PvE.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (PSN)chris1pat8twins:

Reread my entire comment. Not just the part you quoted. The aura mod focuses strictly on the frame, not their weapons. So no, the mod does not exist cause the aura mod does not reduce weapon damage in exchange for power strength. 

Power Donation is not the same as sacrificing weapons damage for power strength. 

And you should reread my entire comment. Especially the part you quoted,

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Walkampf:

Something like this already exists,

is what I wrote, not

"There is already something exacly like this!!!"

My whole point it, that something exacly like this does not exist yet, but something very close does.

And yes, haveing a premade squad with 4x power donation IS already pretty OP. Alltough not as OP as 4 x Growing Power, or 4x Corrosive projection.

But you whould need friends to experience such builds, so I can forgive you for not realising.

If you what to do the nitpicking, at least to it right.... dear god.... some people.🙄

4 hours ago, Walkampf said:

And you should reread my entire comment. Especially the part you quoted,

is what I wrote, not

"There is already something exacly like this!!!"

My whole point it, that something exacly like this does not exist yet, but something very close does.

And yes, haveing a premade squad with 4x power donation IS already pretty OP. Alltough not as OP as 4 x Growing Power, or 4x Corrosive projection.

But you whould need friends to experience such builds, so I can forgive you for not realising.

If you what to do the nitpicking, at least to it right.... dear god.... some people.🙄

You were comparing weapon damage to power strength. I said such weapon damage reduction wouldn’t matter to frames like rhino and chroma who could buff the damage up, but that increase would be applied to teammates too which would make them OP. Not even similar to power donation. They’re nothing alike. 

You compared that to Power Donation which is not close to being the same. One sacrifices a little power strength to give to the rest of the team. And what the discussion was about, was a mod sacrificing weapon damage to buff a singular frame’s power strength. Which is nothing alike. You’re comparing an entire hypothetical build to a single mod despite them not being similar at all. 

You’re conflating or mixing damage with power strength. As if you’re getting confused by what’s actually being discussed and is over simplifying everything. Then you’re comparing rhino buffing up his team with power donation which again is not the same. He is not sacrificing his power strength to give power strength to his team. He is buffing everybody’s damage. And sacrificing weapon damage to buff up his power strength to buff up his team’s overall damage is still no where close to being the same as power donation.

Even in chroma’s hands the build still wouldn’t be the same or close to power donation. Even if they made an aura mod that reduces weapon damage to buff up ally weapon damage, it still would not be close to a mod that buffs power strength at the sacrifice of weapon damage, even in the hands of chroma whose 3rd ability buffs weapon damage. That’s over simplifying the build. 

No such mod exists that can be compared to what is being discussed. And you completely ignored the part where I said frames that spam abilities would be op. Sacrificing weapon damage wouldn’t do a thing to a frame that focuses on spamming abilities. The extra power strength would make the builds OP.

And you ignored the part where I said corrupt mods only focus on either the frame or the weapons. Not both. Which you still tried to compare a hypothetical weapon damage reduction, power strength buff build, to a single mod, Power Donation, just cause both builds require sacrificing something for the team which is, again, over simplifying. 

Again:

1). Sacrificing weapon damage is not the same as sacrificing power strength. They are completely different.

2). Buffing up Rhino’s power strength to buff the damage of his entire team is not the same as simply buffing up the rest of the team’s power strength. 

3). buffing up chroma’s power strength to buff up the entire team’s weapon damage is not even the same as an aura mod that requires sacrificing weapon damage for an entire team’s weapon damage buff, let alone a regular mod that could increase power strength at the cost of weapon damage. 

Weapon damage =/= power strength

Rhino Roar =/= power strength buff.

Chroma vex armor =/= weapon damage donation. 

You are clearly not realizing what I’m saying or how certain abilities work. You're clearly confused. You’re trying to sound smart but only proving you don’t know what is being discussed nor what you are comparing. Your immaturity at the end of your comment speaks volume. 

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PSN)chris1pat8twins:

(...)

Seriously, youa re so increadlby dense, it's unbelievable...

You make so many point, trying to make a point and then claim I'm the one who's confused.

I just threw in a possible concept, leaaving a lot if parts vague, to be a starting point for other people.

You one the other hand have one very specific version of these endless possibilies in mind and try to argue, that this one very specific version is to OP.

So, yeah, I let myself be immature, because talking to you like an adult has been pointless from the point on, where you startet nickpicking and and judging a bit of simpl brainstorming for facts and making false claims to argue a point, which is nothing but a hypoteatical proto-type of an idea.

You're simply pathetic.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

Seriously, youa re so increadlby dense, it's unbelievable...

You make so many point, trying to make a point and then claim I'm the one who's confused.

I just threw in a possible concept, leaaving a lot if parts vague, to be a starting point for other people.

You one the other hand have one very specific version of these endless possibilies in mind and try to argue, that this one very specific version is to OP.

So, yeah, I let myself be immature, because talking to you like an adult has been pointless from the point on, where you startet nickpicking and and judging a bit of simpl brainstorming for facts and making false claims to argue a point, which is nothing but a hypoteatical proto-type of an idea.

You're simply pathetic.

Not to interject but I will anyway: I don't think I've seen you talk like an adult yet. You just seem really really angry over super trivial stuff. 

Not to mention the string of personal attacks on your "opponents"

9 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Not to interject but I will anyway: I don't think I've seen you talk like an adult yet. You just seem really really angry over super trivial stuff. 

Not to mention the string of personal attacks on your "opponents"

All I’m trying to explain is that weapon damage for power strength is OP and unbalanced. All the ghee corrupted mods stick to one thing, either the frame or the weapons. Never both. Think about it, I’m sure you’ve played games where when you level up you have to choose which stats you want to build up. To build one up more than the others require making the others less. If choosing between speed and strength, if you focus more on strength, you sacrifice speed. 

Then think about guns. The ones with the most power, the most damage, tend to be slower than the rest. Ones that fire a lot of bullets in seconds tend to not have as much of a kick to them. So you’re more likely to survive a sub machine gun than say a sniper. 

So sacrificing damage for fire rate, sacrifice speed for more damage, sacrificing range of abilities for more power strength, all of that is understandable and logical. 

But coming into battle with a weakened gun that magically makes you stronger, how does that make any sense? 

And again, I doubt DE will make such a mod cause again it would be OP. Frames like Saryn hardly use weapons. So a weapon damage reduction wouldn’t do anything to a build that focuses on spamming abilities. 

For frames that buff damage like rhino and chroma, weapon damage reduction wouldn’t do a thing. But the increase in power strength would make them OP for teammates. Chroma majorly buffs weapon damage, so the mod would actually make him more OP. 

But the dude compares that hypothetical build to Power Donation. They ain’t close to being the same. Honestly, over simplifications like that is why many people diss on concepts. 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

All I’m trying to explain is that weapon damage for power strength is OP and unbalanced. All the ghee corrupted mods stick to one thing, either the frame or the weapons. Never both. Think about it, I’m sure you’ve played games where when you level up you have to choose which stats you want to build up. To build one up more than the others require making the others less. If choosing between speed and strength, if you focus more on strength, you sacrifice speed. 

Then think about guns. The ones with the most power, the most damage, tend to be slower than the rest. Ones that fire a lot of bullets in seconds tend to not have as much of a kick to them. So you’re more likely to survive a sub machine gun than say a sniper. 

So sacrificing damage for fire rate, sacrifice speed for more damage, sacrificing range of abilities for more power strength, all of that is understandable and logical. 

But coming into battle with a weakened gun that magically makes you stronger, how does that make any sense? 

And again, I doubt DE will make such a mod cause again it would be OP. Frames like Saryn hardly use weapons. So a weapon damage reduction wouldn’t do anything to a build that focuses on spamming abilities. 

For frames that buff damage like rhino and chroma, weapon damage reduction wouldn’t do a thing. But the increase in power strength would make them OP for teammates. Chroma majorly buffs weapon damage, so the mod would actually make him more OP. 

But the dude compares that hypothetical build to Power Donation. They ain’t close to being the same. Honestly, over simplifications like that is why many people diss on concepts. 

How is any of this an excuse to act like a prick to others?

17 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

How is any of this an excuse to act like a prick to others?

I have no idea. I wasn’t trying to be a prick. It was taking a lot of energy not to resort condescending behaviors like the other dude did. I simply explained the logic of why such a mod wouldn’t be allowed. The other dude compared hypothetical builds to an existing mod. I explained why those are not the same at all, not even similar. He clearly got mad and started talking with a condescending tone. Which I pointed out after trying to re-explain why an existing mod is not the same as these hypothetical builds.

I didn’t even bother to read the last comment he made that you responded to. His eye rolling and condescending tone in the one he made before has shown he is too immature to have a legit discussion. I was just explaining my side to you. Cause I have no idea what your views of me are. And just making sure you understand that I didn’t mean for this discussion to turn into some childish bickering. 

This isn’t the first time this happened. Multiple times when I’ve explained why certain concept wouldn’t work, some understood. I even tried to help by providing a close alternative that could possibly work based on what DE has done so far. But others took offense and resorted to condescending immaturity. One dude called me a troll when all I did was re-explained myself and asked what his problem was. I don’t straight up bash ideas. I don’t bombard them with insults or slurs. And I don’t talk down to them. But I will point out someone’s display of immaturity when they do all those things. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

I have no idea. I wasn’t trying to be a prick. It was taking a lot of energy not to resort condescending behaviors like the other dude did. I simply explained the logic of why such a mod wouldn’t be allowed. The other dude compared hypothetical builds to an existing mod. I explained why those are not the same at all, not even similar. He clearly got mad and started talking with a condescending tone. Which I pointed out after trying to re-explain why an existing mod is not the same as these hypothetical builds.

I didn’t even bother to read the last comment he made that you responded to. His eye rolling and condescending tone in the one he made before has shown he is too immature to have a legit discussion. I was just explaining my side to you. Cause I have no idea what your views of me are. And just making sure you understand that I didn’t mean for this discussion to turn into some childish bickering. 

This isn’t the first time this happened. Multiple times when I’ve explained why certain concept wouldn’t work, some understood. I even tried to help by providing a close alternative that could possibly work based on what DE has done so far. But others took offense and resorted to condescending immaturity. One dude called me a troll when all I did was re-explained myself and asked what his problem was. I don’t straight up bash ideas. I don’t bombard them with insults or slurs. And I don’t talk down to them. But I will point out someone’s display of immaturity when they do all those things. 

ahh I confused you for the poster I originally quoted.

You're fine. Carry on!

Archived