Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

A totally lost returning player

SerchBoogie

Question

Hi there everyone...šŸ˜€

Last time I played this game seriously was back when "Law of Retribution" was a thing, Vault Runs, Draco, Syndicate weapons and Mods, T4,3,2,1 void missions andĀ Alerts. Of course I've been coming back to this game from time to time, only to check out the main story missions, you know, Second Dream, War Within and stuff. DuringĀ that time I more or less caught up with new content like Sorties, Endo (no more fusion cores uh?)Ā andĀ the new Relic System andĀ that's pretty much where I am in the "meta" of this game.Ā Ā 

I installed the game again when they launched Plains of Eidolon but I already felt a little lost, I'm not sure about these open world areas. They are not intuitive, they seem to be extremelyĀ grindy and how exactly do they connect to the rest of the game?. Looks like Arcanes are now in those open world areas but apparently I need to play with the kids, but I don't like the kids, they are awful, they are extremely weak, slow and clunky, Warframe was supposed to be about power, mobility and speed, these kids are the total opposite.Ā 

So what's going on here?, Railjacks?,Ā Mech Suits?, Rivens?, kuva?, leeches?, amalgam mods?, nightwave?, galvanized mods?. holokeys?, requiem mods?, kuva weapons?, intrinsics?.Ā šŸ˜µšŸ˜±šŸ˜?

So I was thinking, I need to approach this just like I did back in 2013. Where is the action taking place now?, what are the warframe and weapon builds required to play with the big boys/girls?, you don't need to explain every update so farĀ to me, just point me in the right direction, where's the fun taking place now?, what's the new "law of retribution", what are the mods to get?, what are people in the recruit channel requiring now?. how can I be useful again?. What is a waste of time and what isn't?

Yesterday I was running a few missions with my old Disarm Loki and my Draco EV Trinity, I mean my best weapons from back in the day still work, but I honestly feel like a boomer running around with my old Soma PrimeĀ šŸ¤£

ThankĀ you!.

13 answers to this question

Hmm, that is a lot and even explaining the Kuva Liches would take a while. My suggestion would be to check the Warframe wiki and take it slow. Focus on one thing at a time.

Personally I would start with the Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos. Their weapons are all a straight upgrade. Along the way you will meet some more mechanics like Railjack

Ā 

My suggestion would be to dive into Railjack then move onto Liches/Sisters.

The action is happening with Sisters of Parvos.Ā  But for that, you'll need to get into Railjack as the final showdown happens there.

Regarding operators, they're really not that bad.Ā  Have a look the focus schools, pick which one most fits your playstyle and farm it's focusĀ as you do other content.Ā  Unlocking the way-bound passives will make your operator faster, increase energy and amp regenĀ andĀ give them some survivability.Ā  Look into their arcanes too, lots of useful stuff there, some of which can translate directly to your frame.

Open worlds can bit a little overwhelming at first, but don't skip out on them.Ā  Do the introductory quest then check out some bounties.Ā  Some really great stuff comes from the open worlds, the mechsĀ for example, which can be used in Railjack (tons of fun).

Honestly, if you don't like kids then I'd recommend just skipping the Plains for now.Ā  Outside of the Plains, kids aren't supposed to be power, they are supposed to be utility.Ā  Think of them the way you would think of Energy Restores and Health Restores and you'll be in good shape.

I'd recommend just easing back into the game and starting to have fun again.Ā  If Trials were the only thing you liked, that may be tricky as they are gone now, but hopefully there's something else?Ā  I'd recommend just playing, and whenever you see something neat (like a weapon, or a mod, etc) that seems up your alley, go to the wiki and it will tell you how to get it, and treat that as a sort of mini-quest for yourself.Ā  If you happen to hit a wall where you're having trouble surviving or killing enemies, there are plenty of videos you can check out from YouTubers who show builds for various weapons and Warframes (personally I recommend Brozime).

34 minutes ago, SerchBoogie said:

where's the fun taking place now? ...What is a waste of time and what isn't?

This is such a broad and subjective question!Ā  The whole game is a waste of time unless it brings you joy, so I guess any of the content in the game that doesn't bring you joy is a waste.Ā  I would recommend doing the stuff you like and not the stuff you don't, because there's more than enough content and you don't need to do it all.

If you're looking for new content, you can check the Quest list in your Orbiter, and that should help you unlock a lot and experience a ton of new stuff, and it will lead you towards the harder content you seem to be looking for as well.

If you complete the star chart, you can unlock the Steel Path (which is basically "hard mode").Ā  It's there if you want it.

38 minutes ago, SerchBoogie said:

what are the warframe and weapon builds required to play with the big boys/girls?

Pretty much all of the Warframes can do anything nowadays, with certain Warframes excelling depending on the exact content you're doing.Ā  It will really depend on what you're doing, there are contexts to use any Warframe.Ā  For weapons, newer weapons are generally better because of power creep, and AoE weapons are pretty big right now.Ā  And your builds will be in the previously mentioned Brozime videos.

Hope this helps!Ā  Take your time and have a good one!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SerchBoogie:

Last time I played this game seriously was back when "Law of Retribution" was a thing,

They are dead :(
And there are no tangible plans of reviving them or bringing in new raids/trials.

Endgame is more of a self-defined goal than ever before.
Endurance runs got easier thanks to powercreeps, enemy scaling nerfs, shield gating and other stuff.

Raids are no more and those communities largely broke up. Arcanes are now farmed by killing Eidolons during the night on PoE, they require some teamwork but even public they are kinda hard to fail and are still faster than the old trials. You need your operator to remove their shields, but after you killed/leeched a few rounds you can buy amps (operator weapons) to increase their dmg and operator arcanes to buff the operator. The focus tree also buffs them a bit.
Ā 

Zitat

So what's going on here?, Railjacks?,Ā Mech Suits?, Rivens?, kuva?, leeches?, amalgam mods?, nightwave?, galvanized mods?. holokeys?, requiem mods?, kuva weapons?, intrinsics?.

Railjack (RJ):
The "new" space combat where you have spaceship (after completing the rising tide quest) and the archwing to fight in space and finish some "ground" objectives to finish the mission.
The grineer missions are often okay, but the corpus versions are really tedious and your railjack really is just a glorified space taxi. So, once you have grinded up everything in space you avoid doing those missions, since the time invested mostly isn't worth the effort.

Mech Suits: aka Necramechs
According to the lore they were the warframes predecessors to fight the sentients. The 2 versions we have stamina and are clunky, slow, too big for most tileset and over-all not-fun to play, but the "Voidrig" exalted gun has a ridiculous amount of dmg, so it's nice for some fights. (You get them buy grinding up the Deimos syndicate)

Rivens:
Mods with random stats that only fit into the weapon listed in its name. The stats value are random and vary to a certain degree, but they are mostly based on a weapons popularity (more popular weapon = worse stats on the riven). Those stats are adjusted each new prime access. You can also reroll a riven for new effects and stats (but not for another dispo/capacity/weapon) by using kuva. Kuva can be obtained mostly by doing Kuva siphon missions/or missions on the Kuva fortress, are a possible sortie reward or are part of the nightwave shop or some other activities.

Kuva:
Needed to re-roll the rivens for new stats. It's overall just a gamble game to min-max some weapons. Good riven rolls for some weapons are "worth" some hundred to thousand platinum.

Liches:
Are kinda mini-bosses you can create for yourself and the "final bossfight" requires you to have a RJ. They have upgraded/different versions of some of the grineer/corpus weapons. Those weapons also have a bonus dmg element depending on which frame you used to create them. Those values are between 25%-60% and you can increase the values up to 60% by farming more weapons of the same type and fuse them (if you have different elements you can choose which one you want to keep during the fusion). These weapons also get +2 in maximum rank for each forma (capping at rank 40 for 5 forma) and each bonus rank also gives mr exp.
The liches also have a 20% to have an ephemera matching their element. (ephemeras are a fashion/custom aura for your warframe)
If you only want the mr you can stop once you have all weapons and maxed them out with 5 forma and never touch liches again, or you try maxing out the 60% bonus dmg too. (Only did that for the weapons I like).

Amalgam Mods:
Kinda like the corrupted mods from the dragon vaults. They have slightly worse stats than the normal versions, but have an additional bonus. These mods have fixed stat's that wonĀ“t change. There are some amalgam mods for 5 weapons (dropped by a new jupiter boss called "Ropalolyst") and 4 "universal"/weapon class ones you can get once by doing the thermia fissures events every few weeks.

Nightwave:
Replaced the normal alerts. It's like a battle pass but without the premium bonus/bonus loot. You get a new task every day/week which requires you to do some ingame stuff, some of which you'll do by just playing the game, some require some specific farming. As reward you get standing and rank up. Ranking up gets you some loot directly or some currency to by the "old alert" rewards, cosmetic, nitain, potatos, kuva, aura mods, etc.

Galvanized mods:
Got released just a few weeks ago. Base stats are slightly worse than their normal versions, but they stack their effect (often via getting kills), thus they surpass the normal versions pretty easy and soon. Imo totally worth it. You can buy them with the arbitration currency via the arbiter of hexis.
Arbitrations are kinda like the old alerts and you have one every hour. In this mission you get a +300% boost for a random frame and a weapon (changes together with the mission every full hour). If you die in these missions' teammates have to revive you by collecting 5 shards dropped by drone enemies, you can't revive yourself in there.

(Corrupted Holokey short:) Holokey:
Holokeys are a rotation reward for opening relics in the slow RJ fissure missions. You need them to buy 4 corpus weapons from the perrin sequence. These weapons are kinda like the corpus lich weapons as where they have random bonus elements, changing every 4 (or5?) days and you can fuse them up to 60%, too.
You need at least 160 if you want the mr exp for all 4 weapons.
DE is currently looking into their drop volume and if they change for a better one. So you might want to skip them for now.

Requiem mods:
Needed to kill your Lich. You get them by opening requiem relics which you can get by completing kuva siphon missions or killing the liches thralls in lich missions.
After that you equip them into your parazon (finisher weapon). After that it's like a game of master mind in which you have to guess which 3 mods out of the 12(13)Ā available are the right one to kill you lich. You test the mods by facing off versus your lich and stabbing them with the parazon. After a few stabs you should know the right ones/order and you can kill the lich in a RJ mini-boss rush.

Kuva weapons:
Kuva (grineer) and Tenet(corpus) weapons are the lich variants of the normal weapons. they have a bonus element up to 60%, different stats compared to their normal counterpart and can be ranked up to rank 40 with additional forma.

Intrinsics:
A skill tree for your RJ (and AW).
Unlocks bonus abilities/skills for different "roles" on the RJ, like teleporting in RJ missions, more AW speed (in all missions with an AW), faster RJ repair, etc.
Each rank also gives mr exp.

Ā 

Ā Where is the action taking place now?, what are the warframe and weapon builds required to play with the big boys/girls?

I would guess most are considering "the steel path" as new "endgame". After finishing each node on the starchart at least once you can visit Teshin and get a toggle for the starchart where you can replay the starchart with slightly buffed enemies (+100lvl and +250% shields/armour/health) and an inbuild +100% resource/mod drop chance booster. You also get some new arcanes for your primary/secondary weapons here.

For meta: Most likely stuff with AoE and armor strip/dmg buff.
Focus on "special builds/focus on mechanics/focus on fraction" is only needed if you want to do very long runs, most of the normal starchart stuff can still be done with anything.

Ā 

what's the new "law of retribution", what are the mods to get?, what are people in the recruit channel requiring now?. how can I be useful again?. What is a waste of time and what isn't?

Current "endgame" is mostly endurance runs and fashion. There is nearly nothing requiring a premade squad/good coordination or a competitive clan/ally.

Last meta was heavily focused on melee fighting, but with the latest mainline update (melee nerfs/gun buffs via new stuff) the meta might get a bit more mixed.
So I expect most primary/secondary builds to change to a galvanized+gun arcane combo, but to see which are the new meta builds we have to wait a bit more.

For being useful: Anything that helps finishing the mission faster/makes missions more efficient.
Pure support frames like Trinity or pure CC only are kinda rare. AoE/DMG buff/speed frames are the most meta.

Ā 

Waste of time: Warframe
it's a limited sandbox where the current endgame is defined by yourself
(imo RJ & Liches are a waste of time. You grind the stuff once for the MR/rewards and for the sake having it maxed.
RJ missions are just way to slow/inefficient for farming. And selling Liches (with their weapons/ephemeras) to other players to make some plat isn't really worth it, too)

For what isn't a waste of time: I have no idea.
Currently I play for having fun with the games fast gunplay and missions or I play stuff that looks or feels cool.
And while doing this I try maxing out my profile again. (But this might take some time, since farming Holokeys and the Ambassador weapon are imo not fun.)

Ā 

Imo you should try unlocking everything on the starchart, finish the open quests and do at least the first few ranks of each syndicate (for FortunaĀ  one: get it to the max rank to have access to another/hidden one). But there is no need to hurry.
This should dip in nearly everything the game currently has to offer.

Thank you everyone for your answers, some of them very detailed, I shouldn't have asked that much hehehe. I tried to lookĀ for youtube videos but most of them constantly trip over themselves trying to explain all this stuff. Brozime even has requirement videos for his videosĀ šŸ¤£Ā 

Here's what I'm going to do, I will set a weapon as a goal and the corresponding mods, maybe a Warframe, I remember that being the thing that hookedĀ me the first time. Back when I started playing I read about Ash in the codex, and thinking, I sh%#$ I want that!, then I learned how much work that entailedĀ šŸ¤£... so I went from a complete noob to do Raids, which was basically the end of the game and I learned a lot in the journey, so I should do that again, see where it takes me šŸ˜Š

Thanks!.

24 minutes ago, SerchBoogie said:

Thank you everyone for your answers, some of them very detailed, I shouldn't have asked that much hehehe. I tried to lookĀ for youtube videos but most of them constantly trip over themselves trying to explain all this stuff. Brozime even has requirement videos for his videosĀ šŸ¤£Ā 

Here's what I'm going to do, I will set a weapon as a goal and the corresponding mods, maybe a Warframe, I remember that being the thing that hookedĀ me the first time. Back when I started playing I read about Ash in the codex, and thinking, I sh%#$ I want that!, then I learned how much work that entailedĀ šŸ¤£... so I went from a complete noob to do Raids, which was basically the end of the game and I learned a lot in the journey, so I should do that again, see where it takes me šŸ˜Š

Thanks!.

You might want to ask me whatever you want to know through private message.

I'm pretty sure I can, at least, provide information without having... requirements of any kind.

Don't forget to let me know at which point you exactly stopped playing back then, leaving out the parts that you have attempted since then but never got fully engaged into.

Just... go out there and try stuff.

There are no magic guide that will truly help you there, just play the game, experiment, search, discover, think, understand, adapt, evolve.

And I can only advise you change your mentality of "I don't like x system, that's not what I'm used to, I don't want to play it". It didn't help anyone when operators came out, it didn't help either when kdrives, mechs, railjack came out, and it won't help anyone with whatever else the devs might be cooking. DE loves to throw new toys, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. Either embrace the new gameplay tools that come out, or reconsider playing the game at all, because it's gonna be a pretty miserable experience otherwise.

6 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

There are no magic guide that will truly help you there, just play the game, experiment, search, discover, think, understand, adapt, evolve.

And I can only advise you change your mentality of "I don't like x system, that's not what I'm used to, I don't want to play it". It didn't help anyone when operators came out, it didn't help either when kdrives, mechs, railjack came out, and it won't help anyone with whatever else the devs might be cooking. DE loves to throw new toys, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. Either embrace the new gameplay tools that come out, or reconsider playing the game at all, because it's gonna be a pretty miserable experience otherwise.

this.

the fun is where you want it to be.

for people who like RJ, the fun is out there inĀ space.
for people who likes minecraft, fun is sitting for hours on end in your dojo, building things.
even people who love fighting have different definitions of "fun". for some, it might beĀ hours of survival endurance.Ā for others, it might be multiple quick speedruns of exterminations.

warframe has 8 years worth of contents now, and no core progression path. people just do what entertains them.

=============

and as a side note, i strongly believeĀ that meta in warframe is overrated.
most of them are just trending keywords that youtubers use to promote their videos. then kids swears by as they blindly copy their favorite youtubers.

you can build the next not-so-great thing on the tier list, and it won't performĀ too far from the top tier meta picks.
as long as you're having fun, nothing is a waste of time. people who are telling you that you're wasting time, is a waste of your time.

welcome back, tenno.
have fun and don't waste your time.

Ā 

Railjack +"mech suits" are useless but you get MR but if you dont care about MR dont waste your time.

rivens are a new gambling systems that DE implemented to make money and to make bad weapons better. theres a cap on riven slots so you have to buy more slots (yes its stupid but $)

kuva is the "riven juice" and is needed to reroll rivens. since rivens can go for crazy amounts of plat people think you can make a lot of money in a short time (doesnt work like that coz most people dont have that much plat and dont buy plat). so you end up buying cheap rivens to reroll and use them for own weapons. best kuva farm is arbitrations. you trade vitus essences for kuva.Ā recruit chat is dead most of the time even on weekends so you have no chance for meta setups without using discord.

liches are another plat/ forma sink coz you need 5 forma to rank one weapon to its max rank (40) with kuva nukor/ bramma/ tenet tetra(alt fire) on top.

nightwave:Ā Ā is a cheap try to give us some content but has some good rewards until you reach rank 30. you have a lot of time to get all the rewards.

galvanized mods:Ā Ā a nice try to bring primaries/ secondaries to the level of melees and are must have mods even tho melee dmg is still meta.

holokeys:Ā are a painful way to get new melee weapons (I dont care about them since you have to do RJ missions)

requiem mods:Ā are needed to kill or convert a lich and are farmed in certain fissure missions with certain relics

intrinsics:Ā these are good for MR but its RJ content.Ā 

_____

Raids are dead and probably never come back.

recruit chat is dead for the most time and I dont know why but people dont use the chat function anymore. the only time the rec chat is alive is when a new prime drops. then you have 1-2 weeks time to enjoy a nice and alive chat. teamwork isnt really needed in warframe anymore at least for the most parts of the game.

welcome back :) if you want to waste time you are playing the right game.

En 11/8/2021 a las 12:45, Fallen77 dijo:

Can I say I don't like the Kuva liches system?Ā šŸ˜Ā ... heheheh

Il y a 9 heures, SerchBoogie a ditĀ :

Can I say I don't like the Kuva liches system?Ā šŸ˜Ā ... heheheh

You certainly can say that about anything, can't argue with personnal taste.

I was more talking about new gameplay mechanics, like how there's an angry thread every time someone that did everything in their power to avoid conservation... surprise, is locked out of some items because they refused to engage with the content.

Now, for lich hunting, there's really no new game mechanic that would force you to go back to do it, like how you need an operator and a mech for certain missions. Here, you're just missing out on some very good weapons, but nothing mandatory, at least for now.

Archived