Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bane mods , are there any plans to make them universal?

Parcialsobriedad

I haven't been keeping up with this topic, just read the OP. So maybe the discussion has moved on to different solutions, or perhaps this has already been suggested, but this just hit me a moment ago.

If the problem with Bane mods is the QOL (or lack there of) in constantly swapping bane mods...why not just introduce some smart programming?
Instead just have a single generic mod called a "Bane Mod" or whatever that effectively acts as a placeholder mod.
When entering a mission, whatever the majority enemy type is, have the mod "become" that bane type. Enter a grineer level: It does +30% against Grineer. Corpus? +30% Corpus.
In the event of outlier cases (such as crossfire), I don't know...the folks at DE are smart, they can figure something out. They like their dice rolls, so it can just dice roll 50/50 shot whichever faction the bane mod will be against.
Likewise, on the note of folks being smart at DE, if all the bane mods just become a single mod then what happens with all the endo? And to that, I say: I don't know, just make the cost for this specific mod higher than you typical legendary mod? And rather an exponential cost, it could just be a fairly linear increase in Endo and credits, but just with a higher base amount to start. That way this "higher than legendary mod" cost isn't costing 2 billion credits and 500k endo for the last rank which only gives a 5% increase. Really; who cares about the numbers right now when this is just a hypothetical speculation.

Effectively, you are rolling all the mods into a single mod (or at least a single one for each weapon type) and then letting the game figure out how your loadout should be for the mission. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Yuzuki-Prime said:

I haven't been keeping up with this topic, just read the OP. So maybe the discussion has moved on to different solutions, or perhaps this has already been suggested, but this just hit me a moment ago.

If the problem with Bane mods is the QOL (or lack there of) in constantly swapping bane mods...why not just introduce some smart programming?
Instead just have a single generic mod called a "Bane Mod" or whatever that effectively acts as a placeholder mod.
When entering a mission, whatever the majority enemy type is, have the mod "become" that bane type. Enter a grineer level: It does +30% against Grineer. Corpus? +30% Corpus.
In the event of outlier cases (such as crossfire), I don't know...the folks at DE are smart, they can figure something out. They like their dice rolls, so it can just dice roll 50/50 shot whichever faction the bane mod will be against.
Likewise, on the note of folks being smart at DE, if all the bane mods just become a single mod then what happens with all the endo? And to that, I say: I don't know, just make the cost for this specific mod higher than you typical legendary mod? And rather an exponential cost, it could just be a fairly linear increase in Endo and credits, but just with a higher base amount to start. That way this "higher than legendary mod" cost isn't costing 2 billion credits and 500k endo for the last rank which only gives a 5% increase. Really; who cares about the numbers right now when this is just a hypothetical speculation.

Effectively, you are rolling all the mods into a single mod (or at least a single one for each weapon type) and then letting the game figure out how your loadout should be for the mission. 🤷‍♀️

The players that swap out banes from mission to mission are probably also swapping out elements too.

10 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

The players that swap out banes from mission to mission are probably also swapping out elements too.

Well, that's really sort of an entirely different topic than what this topic is about, but along the same lines...

QOL programming: assign load out slots to factions. The player builds the load out, then selects what faction the loadout is for. When entering a mission, if the majority of the enemy type is of a specified load out faction, then it will automatically assign that load out to your weapons and warframe. Throw in an easy to use toggle switch at the load out screen to choose whether you want the game to automatically assign load outs or not, and there you have it.

I'd rather a quick A/B/C selection when hovering mouse over your weapon/warframe name under your player name so you can switch the config of the weapon without going to the foundry. i'm sure it would help alleviate some of the annoyance of switching loadouts, especially things like switching between speedva/slowva, and wouldn't be specific to bane mods having easier access. 

1 hour ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

They might be, or they might be using the same Viral/Slash/Heat build that works on every faction (except for Deimos Infested and Sentients).

Personally I don't even use Banes except on the weakest of weak weapons (and usually only the Grineer Bane anyway) simply because it doesn't help except in a handful of mission types, and even then outside of Steel Path the only place it would help me in, that being Veil Proxima, is just as easily solved by my Heavy Attack Pennant.

Archived