The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Getting Nerfed!?

Hammie

snip

I really can't follow your argument.  I'm sorry.

I like to think of things as a game developer would.  I read dev blogs, I try to think like a developer would.  I'm not saying I'm qualified as a developer, but I do know this: being a developer requires a far different perspective than a gamer's perspective.

I really can't follow your argument.  I'm sorry.

I like to think of things as a game developer would.  I read dev blogs, I try to think like a developer would.  I'm not saying I'm qualified as a developer, but I do know this: being a developer requires a far different perspective than a gamer's perspective.

Many game developers go horribly wrong.  So, I would be careful with their perspective.  And, not being a game developer myself or having much interest in being one, but merely wanting to play games for enjoyment, my interest in how they think amounts to knowing what not to bother asking them for.  For instance I wouldn't complain about the quality of dear hunting on the shores of Omaha beach during D-Day.  Also, I understand they have to make a living too and even want to go so far as to make a profit.  So, that too limits what I should bother asking them for.

Interesting that you can't follow my argument.  It shows how well fitted your blinders are.

Edited by ThePresident777

Or, you know, nerfing the couple that are outliers so we avoid power creep.

Nerfing Nova and Rhino leaves less room for error than buffing Saryn, Loki, Ash, Excalibur, Ember, Oberon, Nekros... you get my point (hopefully).

And once those are nerfed, we can look at the high-end of enemies and nerf those accordingly so the power level is maintained, instead of strewn about helter-skelter.

Oh lord, the ignorance..the pure ignorance...

One, nerfing the outliers to match up the others should ONLY be done if they themselves are completely destroying the game...which funny enough, they aren't. In fact, there's too much evidence they have been made FOR the endgame content, unlike the other Warframes which has been balanced poorly for it.

Second, Nerfing either Nova or Rhino NEVER will make Saryn, Ember, Loki, Ash, etc. better, it still makes them crap. I honestly don't understand why you guys keep thinking that this should happen when you clearly don't even understand simple basics.

Third, If you nerf the high end enemies, there would be zero point of an endgame. They shouldn't need to weaken the enemies to make certain weapons or Warframes look better, they should revamp the weaker Warframes and make them good for the endgame. Hell, change the endgame so that it isn't Survival and Defense spam base and actually give a reason for different usage of frames in different ways. They did it somewhat for the Elemental Frames by having them do some real damage even against enemies not as susceptible against it and screwed it up(Ember losing Overheat and while Accelerant is good, none of her moves really use it to her advantage well enough) while for others, it's usually one or 2 badly designed moves that doesn't compliment the Warframes well enough(Saryn is stated to be a tank-like poison Warframe, but none of her moves really compliment it and her biggest weakness is the fact that Venom and Miasma directly contradict each other in doing more damage with either one). Nerfing Nova, Rhino and all the other good Warframes(Nyx may have one bad move, but I heard plenty good about her. Nekros can be pretty awesome in Survival due to Desecrate and even Shadows of the Damned/Dead can easily keep enemies off you,etc/) shouldn't be seeing a nerf stick to make the others stand out as that's terrible design.

TL;DR Nerfing Nova and Rhino won't change a damn thing and make all the other Warframes suddenly better, just like Nerfing Ogris and Penta won't suddenly make the Bow weapons(and pretty much, all the other weapons) better by default, they will still be weapons with issues that now reduce player options even more to be able to complete the things they need to do.

Well I just came off a completely boring 3rd wheel mobile defense alert. The mission:

Watch a Nova spam molecular prime every 3 seconds and kill everything....none of us were required and it was boring boring boring.

NO warframe should be able to continuously spam their ultimate power every few seconds. Also they should not be able to overlay 1 MP straight over the other with no pause....412 energy, 25 usage cost with mods...it's ridiculous. People who argue that Nova is fine, must be completely out of touch with reality.

It really needs balancing, the power is simply too strong and makes gaming "unfun" for others

Edited by DaveC

Well I just came off a completely boring 3rd wheel mobile defense alert. The mission:

Watch a Nova spam molecular prime every 3 seconds and kill everything....none of us were required and it was boring boring boring.

NO warframe should be able to continuously spam their ultimate power every few seconds. Also they should not be able to overlay 1 MP straight over the other with no pause....450 energy, 25 usage cost with mods...it's ridiculous. People who argue that Nova is fine, must be completely out of touch with reality.

It really needs balancing, the power is simply too strong and makes gaming "unfun" for others

umm, the same can be applied to every spammable powers out there. T3 MD is simply too easy, I actually spam WoF on Ember with near max blind rage + narrow mind + stretch, dealing the same results of killing enemies. Gunners took a bit of time to kill, still die easily regardless. 

Also, there are other powers giving different kind of unfun. One of them is Trinity's blessing. Or Loki disarm can be said to be "unfun" if every mobs got no wep. Or Rhino keep stomping, and all you do is killing those floating enemies. etc. 

You might not need those power for voids, or low lvl , mid lvl run. But you will need them for high end lvl +. 

umm, the same can be applied to every spammable powers out there. T3 MD is simply too easy, I actually spam WoF on Ember with near max blind rage + narrow mind + stretch, dealing the same results of killing enemies. Gunners took a bit of time to kill, still die easily regardless. 

Also, there are other powers giving different kind of unfun. One of them is Trinity's blessing. Or Loki disarm can be said to be "unfun" if every mobs got no wep. Or Rhino keep stomping, and all you do is killing those floating enemies. etc. 

You might not need those power for voids, or low lvl , mid lvl run. But you will need them for high end lvl +. 

Honestly, I think one of the source problems here is Fleeting Expertise.  And possibly Streamline as well.  They're just too good, and they let you get away with really silly stuff.

Nova is the worst culprit.  But I've found that Oberon is quite problematic too; I've been seeing far too many Oberons run through a level spamming Reckoning with no end in sight.  It's really quite dull.