Nightwave: Prime Vault: Hotfix 30.6.1

[DE]Megan

vor 19 Stunden schrieb muziqaz:

What is the point of Secondary weapon mod called Creeping Bullseye? We can't use it next to Primed Pistol Gambit. Who in their right mind will ever choose Creeping Bullseye over Primed or non Primed Pistol Gambit? New players get Pistol Gambit waaaaaaaay before Creeping Bullseye, so again, what is the point of that mod?

I've ever wondered why Frail Momentum exists, since it's far more worse than Shotgun Spazz and bolsters the same fire rate.

1 hour ago, PyroMail.Com said:

I've ever wondered why Frail Momentum exists, since it's far more worse than Shotgun Spazz and bolsters the same fire rate.

This is a case where Shotgun Spazz is actually just really strong. Frail Momentum is exactly the same as Anemic Agility and Vile Acceleration, it's just that Shotgun Spazz is head and shoulders above Speed Trigger and Gunslinger. Also, unlike the updated and vastly improved Crit + Fire Rate - mods, these actually can stack, if you wanted to.

But, yes, absolutely prioritize Shotgun Spazz, if you need Fire Rate, you're absolutely correct in this assessment.

• Like 1

when sister or hound spawns in i loose host or client, sometimes its a short and im ok and other times its hard freeze host migration, then i play by myself for the rest of the mission or i host again depending on when it happens. also happens when players load in as well.

in parties, sometimes sisters are killed but icon stays behind and sometimes glitches out anything else to pop again

in showdown dog took my primary gun and i couldnt switch back to it when i picked it up, and then melee was stuck in my hand when i used my pistol.

i did transference during showdown, appeared on the railjack as operator, transference again and was back in mission, as frame. 

i did a solo mission for granum void to get sister, existed granum went to get the capture part and sister claim, then after i used transference and poped back at the hand again as operator and transference again was frame again, basically i teleported back to the hand.

Velocipods when being extracted now knock your warframe down doing a lot of damage. If you subdue velocipod on one of the streams, it follows the supposed flow of the stream, and if you are in a way, again you gonna get knocked down with a lot of damage done to your warframe

Please give us an option to sell. kill or otherwise remove a hound from the foundry with out claiming it. I have mr for all of them and their weapons i dont need to keep buying slots just to sell the thing

• Like 5

Any update on fixing the Zealoid Prelate/Arlo's Light glitch? e.g., when you get knocked while holding Arlo's Light, you get stuck running backwards, unable to shoot, and unable to cast abilities. I have no idea how long this has been an issue, but considering his last hotfix was November 2020 I don't know how many others have run it after completing him. Seemed to be a repeatable issue as it happened during two runs recently. 

I'm getting very tired of continually bringing this up here while also actively updating the bug report thread as to its being unchanged. Please at the very least, comment on the bugs existence or better yet, fix something that originally worked just fine, thanks.

• Like 2

host migrated mid railjack portion of the sister showdown mission, i became host, ran the mission again, sisters spawn but their all for the other party members except mine, mission finished and now i have to do it all over again. why have me host the mission and not even pop my sister? fix host migrations please!

Hound's ability to "borrow" enemies bubbles need some work. I find myself shooting at my hound's erected ice bubble over and over instead of the enemies. And Hound's bubble is so small, that you have to be on top of it in order to be inside of it. Maybe let us shoot through hound's bubble?

And yet another gem with your RNG.

Just done 30mins of Kuva Survival.

6 times I get to roll you magical cube of crap, you call RNG. I used various requiem relics to spice things up.

1st roll - Parazon (yay!!)

2nd to 6th roll - 1200 of Kuva x5. How is this RANDOM? This is not the first time I am noticing your RNG engine fixing itself to last rolled award, especially this is evident when you are using same relic one after another. RNG remembers its last roll, and then sticks with it until I rage quit the activity or I change the damn relic. The former happens more often than latter.

• Like 4

On 2021-08-17 at 10:11 AM, ShnaRinat said:

when will the network problems be fixed? how long to

Considering what they are planning with cross play i doubt these issues will ever get fixed.

9 hours ago, muziqaz said:

Hound's ability to "borrow" enemies bubbles need some work. I find myself shooting at my hound's erected ice bubble over and over instead of the enemies. And Hound's bubble is so small, that you have to be on top of it in order to be inside of it. Maybe let us shoot through hound's bubble?

And yet another gem with your RNG.

Just done 30mins of Kuva Survival.

6 times I get to roll you magical cube of crap, you call RNG. I used various requiem relics to spice things up.

1st roll - Parazon (yay!!)

2nd to 6th roll - 1200 of Kuva x5. How is this RANDOM? This is not the first time I am noticing your RNG engine fixing itself to last rolled award, especially this is evident when you are using same relic one after another. RNG remembers its last roll, and then sticks with it until I rage quit the activity or I change the damn relic. The former happens more often than latter.

Yep I was cracking relics like you, got the first drop as a Parazon mod, then it didn't matter what radient level I used, the relic just dropped Kuva Kuva Kuva, until I changed the relic, or I said screw this and came back to it later on and hoped it had reset.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yep I was cracking relics like you, got the first drop as a Parazon mod, then it didn't matter what radient level I used, the relic just dropped Kuva Kuva Kuva, until I changed the relic, or I said screw this and came back to it later on and hoped it had reset.

So...the first step here is to do the math and determine if things are reasonable.  That's rather trivial, with a quick look on the wiki.  At absolute worst any common drop has a 25.33% drop chance, and at most a 16.67% drop chance.  Using only those extremes, it's basically trivial to calculate a number of runs where most people would have a trivial ability to constantly get the same reward, here represented by a 10% chance at getting only that one drop.

0.10 = (0.2533)n  ;  log(0.2533)n = log(0.1)  ;   n= log(0.1)/log(.2533)

n = 1.677  ;  n = 2

After 2 rolls of a relic you've got what is functionally a trivial chance to roll the same reward....assuming that you never use a single radiant one.  The fun bit here it that this equation basically means that for a radiant relic you should basically get a new reward every single time.  That's the fun bit when the difference between highs is 16.67% and lows is 10%.

-If it is unclear, I agree with your thesis.  Something is rotten in this land of Denmark.-

Now....why did I do that math?  I'm trying to prove your point mathematically, instead of anecdotally.  I agree with you that the RNG roll is pretty much absolutely busted.  The probability that any 4 people get the exact same 25.33% roll is 0.4%.  Logically then, getting two of these in a row is functionally 0.002%.  I've not opened nearly this many relics, but I've had more than two instance where all three of us earned a single ayatan, or all earned kuva, or better yet running twice yielded the same results back-to-back.

I've set out the effort to do the math to demonstrate this is not anecdote.  If it were a 1%, or even 0.01% chance that this happened I'd be frustrated...but willing to accept this.  That said, the fact that this has happened enough to be noticed by many people is...functionally frightening.  It points towards something not truly RNG....and potentially more shaped.  That's concerning...as the best possible answer is that the shaping is due to communication and negotiation errors, instead of outright controlling player rewards as a means to have "RNG" rewards that drive real money purchases to compensate for poor drops.  Think the shaped matchmaking where players are forced to go up against people with similar play styles, but basically goaded into real money purchases because a whale decided to put money down and buy a cash shop item to win.

Am I accusing DE of this...?  I actually am.  I'm praying for the fact that this is incompetence.  Miles of spaghetti code, negotiating with servers that are often incapable of maintaining stability given the patchwork nature of the game, lend multiple opportunities where it's understandable to have issues.  That said...I think maybe DE should review.  I have plenty of anecdotal experience here.  Other players seem to be able to see the same.  It's interesting when it benefits players...but 70+ radiant relics into this and I am almost at 7 Octavia Prime blue prints.  That's my 70+...with several of those groups also including multiple radiants from other players.  I find it immensely difficult to consistently experience things like this...and worse... 

Two months.  That's 60 days, with two runs a day.  That's 120 runs.  0.9799120 = 8.7%.  Why use these numbers?  ESO.  2.01% drop rate for the Braton Vandal blue print.  120 runs to get it to drop.  8.6% of people have to run more, and 91.4% of people had to run less.  20 minutes/run * 120 runs = 2400 minutes or 40 hours of gameplay.  That's an entire week of a job....assuming you only have 8 hours a day...to earn a weapon that is absolutely master rank fodder.  Yeah....I think between having no appreciation for some of these drop rates, player time investments, and statistically improbable outcomes that maybe your RNG engine is borked...  That's an issue if 99% of your engagement is designed around the grind to get RNG drops.

• Like 6

Le 25/08/2021 à 07:30, master_of_destiny a dit :

So...the first step here is to do the math and determine if things are reasonable.  That's rather trivial, with a quick look on the wiki.  At absolute worst any common drop has a 25.33% drop chance, and at most a 16.67% drop chance.  Using only those extremes, it's basically trivial to calculate a number of runs where most people would have a trivial ability to constantly get the same reward, here represented by a 10% chance at getting only that one drop.

0.10 = (0.2533)n  ;  log(0.2533)n = log(0.1)  ;   n= log(0.1)/log(.2533)

n = 1.677  ;  n = 2

After 2 rolls of a relic you've got what is functionally a trivial chance to roll the same reward....assuming that you never use a single radiant one.  The fun bit here it that this equation basically means that for a radiant relic you should basically get a new reward every single time.  That's the fun bit when the difference between highs is 16.67% and lows is 10%.

-If it is unclear, I agree with your thesis.  Something is rotten in this land of Denmark.-

Now....why did I do that math?  I'm trying to prove your point mathematically, instead of anecdotally.  I agree with you that the RNG roll is pretty much absolutely busted.  The probability that any 4 people get the exact same 25.33% roll is 0.4%.  Logically then, getting two of these in a row is functionally 0.002%.  I've not opened nearly this many relics, but I've had more than two instance where all three of us earned a single ayatan, or all earned kuva, or better yet running twice yielded the same results back-to-back.

I've set out the effort to do the math to demonstrate this is not anecdote.  If it were a 1%, or even 0.01% chance that this happened I'd be frustrated...but willing to accept this.  That said, the fact that this has happened enough to be noticed by many people is...functionally frightening.  It points towards something not truly RNG....and potentially more shaped.  That's concerning...as the best possible answer is that the shaping is due to communication and negotiation errors, instead of outright controlling player rewards as a means to have "RNG" rewards that drive real money purchases to compensate for poor drops.  Think the shaped matchmaking where players are forced to go up against people with similar play styles, but basically goaded into real money purchases because a whale decided to put money down and buy a cash shop item to win.

Am I accusing DE of this...?  I actually am.  I'm praying for the fact that this is incompetence.  Miles of spaghetti code, negotiating with servers that are often incapable of maintaining stability given the patchwork nature of the game, lend multiple opportunities where it's understandable to have issues.  That said...I think maybe DE should review.  I have plenty of anecdotal experience here.  Other players seem to be able to see the same.  It's interesting when it benefits players...but 70+ radiant relics into this and I am almost at 7 Octavia Prime blue prints.  That's my 70+...with several of those groups also including multiple radiants from other players.  I find it immensely difficult to consistently experience things like this...and worse... 

Two months.  That's 60 days, with two runs a day.  That's 120 runs.  0.9799120 = 8.7%.  Why use these numbers?  ESO.  2.01% drop rate for the Braton Vandal blue print.  120 runs to get it to drop.  8.6% of people have to run more, and 91.4% of people had to run less.  20 minutes/run * 120 runs = 2400 minutes or 40 hours of gameplay.  That's an entire week of a job....assuming you only have 8 hours a day...to earn a weapon that is absolutely master rank fodder.  Yeah....I think between having no appreciation for some of these drop rates, player time investments, and statistically improbable outcomes that maybe your RNG engine is borked...  That's an issue if 99% of your engagement is designed around the grind to get RNG drops.

This guy for president !!!!

I was destroying the liches, my lich was supposed to appear 4, all 3 were killed, and I was thrown out, when I joined back they were already flying home !!! when will it be repaired? how much can you tolerate it!
Edited by ShnaRinat

On 2021-08-15 at 10:27 AM, kyori said:

Operator void mode has never protect against eidolon's magnetic proc, only protect against the magnetic damage.

It's been years since I did a proper eidolon hunt, iirc, operator void mode will not be affected as long as the warframe itself is not inside the radius of the magnetic bubble attack. 

Then what is this?

ftR2CrR.png

Even the official wiki says : void mode protects from status effects.

I clearly remembered entering void mode to bypass magnetic procs, and only getting a visual error when I mistime the exit from void mode and enter the frame. Now, even the magnetic proc is carried over from operator to frame.

Edited by CephalonSamara

7 hours ago, CephalonSamara said:

Even the official wiki says : void mode protects from status effects.

What they mean is that you being in void mode to avoid the magnetic proc (which it does) does not apply to your Warframe. While the frame won't suffer damage from the proc while you're in Operator form or in void mode, the Warframe will still be affected by the proc drain and thus loss of energy.

9 hours ago, iPathos said:

What they mean is that you being in void mode to avoid the magnetic proc (which it does) does not apply to your Warframe. While the frame won't suffer damage from the proc while you're in Operator form or in void mode, the Warframe will still be affected by the proc drain and thus loss of energy.

In that scenario if the Warframe has a R5 Arcane Nullifier equipped you get the best of both worlds protection and no loss of energy.

4 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Of course it does, but that entirely detracts from the statement of "Void mode nullifies all status effects".

Yes it does but it might help those who don't know.

Or just use Inaros and stand there like a Boss no Arcanes needed. lol Though I just use Trinity for my solo tri-hunts.

Ogris hit effect and afterburn effect freeze game and mouse movement

It is not fixing by setting effect particles to 1 by number! Any fps 60 120 on any PC

Plague star have fixes for:

1. Boss stuck at respawn

2. FPS optimization?