Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Feedback for the Tenet Envoy

(PSN)Boomstickman98

So, by now plenty of us have gotten our hands on the Tenet weapons including the Envoy, correct? Some may have also noticed how, at least in my opinion, how janky the Tenet Envoy is to use. To those who have not used the Envoy though, let me quickly explain. So the Tenet Envoy fires guided missiles. Sounds cool enough.  The issue with the guiding system is that you have to constantly Aim Down Sights while sitting in place to accurately hit something with it. In high end content, this will get you killed quicker than you can say "oh no." Which is a glaring issue with the weapon. So what I propose is the following:

• Add remote detonation like the Xoris already has
  • Increase the base Impact by 10 dmg and the radiation by 80 damage ( just a minor adjustment because of how low the projectile speed is)
  • Decrease Falloff by 10% (to 70% falloff) as it has the same explosion radius as the Tenet Tetra, it should have very similar falloff.

These buffs should make the Envoy much more fun.

That said, can I get any further input from the community?

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree. Though it is a little awkward to learn I actually find the Envoy to be really fun to use as is. 

I'm not not denying that the Envoy is fun. It is. Its a ease of use thing I find. None of my proposed changes would really negatively affect players that already enjoy the weapon. I just want the weapon to be more enjoyable.

Remote Detonation via Alt Fire would be very useful.

for example when firing at airborne targets - its extremely difficult to hold the targeting laser on a small fast moving object, and being airborne you can't simply shoot the ground and catch them in the AoE.

Auto-Lockon is after ADS release is a No for me. I want my rocket to continue Predictably on the path I've specified for it.

Really auto-homing (and unpredictability) is a bad thing in general for any AoE weapon, because it puts you at risk of getting in the blast when it does something unexpected. -think about all the times your Glaive has locked on to something random and blown up in your face.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Remote Detonation via Alt Fire would be very useful.

for example when firing at airborne targets - its extremely difficult to hold the targeting laser on a small fast moving object, and being airborne you can't simply shoot the ground and catch them in the AoE.

Auto-Lockon is after ADS release is a No for me. I want my rocket to continue Predictably on the path I've specified for it.

Really auto-homing (and unpredictability) is a bad thing in general for any AoE weapon, because it puts you at risk of getting in the blast when it does something unexpected. -think about all the times your Glaive has locked on to something random and blown up in your face.

Removed that part, as you make a very good point.

I can't remember a situation where I found the homing ADS system useful, as cool as it is.

Perhaps it could use some extra incentive for players to actually utilise the alt fire - that being said, it is an extremely powerful AoE weapon already.

30 minutes ago, Dualice said:

I can't remember a situation where I found the homing ADS system useful, as cool as it is.

Perhaps it could use some extra incentive for players to actually utilise the alt fire - that being said, it is an extremely powerful AoE weapon already.

I use it to steer the rocket around cover.

or to avoid hitting things nearby myself and accidentally blowing myself up - shoot the rocket towards open sky, then laser designate enemies once its moved away from myself. No chance of it clipping a wall next to me or a squadmate or whatever.

also its really useful against dropships. way better range and accuracy than trying to hit them with an Ogris

Archived