Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Lore Argument Put To Rest (Probably)

LovecraftJF

With the new trailer showing a dismembered Excalibur and Mag, I believe it's now safe to say that "Excalibur" and "Mag" are just Warframe suit classifications, not actual characters, a la League of Legends. This likely means that in a similar fashion to how bosses refer to us by username, we play ourselves as male/female tenno a la most other MMOs (WoW, Runescape, etc).

"Each Tenno behind the Warframes have official concepts and idea's to what they look like [1] as stated by Art Director Mynki in Livestream #4 which may or may not be revealed in the future

Suck it.

You have to take your lips off, first. Until they do anything about it, the new trailer shows an Excal and a Mag biting it. So either there are multiple, or in canon lore, Mag and Excal are now dead. Doubt it's the latter.

Edited by LovecraftJF

You have to take your lips off, first. Until they do anything about it, the new trailer shows an Excal and a Mag biting it. So either there are multiple, or in canon lore, Mag and Excal are now dead. Doubt it's the latter.

Neither theories match yours though. That's my point. Nothing supports what you posit.

It does though. There being multiple. Mag and Excalibur being just classifiactions. Hello? The trailer shows a Mag and Excal biting it, so unless DE wants to kill off one ICONIC character and one long-standing one, yes, it supports them just being suit classes.

Of course they are just suit classifications. Why else would there be Prime versions?

If they were characters, there would only be 18 Tenno in existance atm? (unless ofc prime and normal versions would be the same character, then only 15)

It does though. There being multiple. Mag and Excalibur being just classifiactions. Hello? The trailer shows a Mag and Excal biting it, so unless DE wants to kill off one ICONIC character and one long-standing one, yes, it supports them just being suit classes.

Actually the trailer shows an Excalibur frame biting it. We never saw it moving before it was cut, and the possibility of it being empty is still up in the air. And the clip cut before anything was done to Mag. As far as we're concerned, a team of Tenno might just swoop in and save the day before Alad V starts the cutting.

And by "each frame being unique" i'm pretty sure it's meant to say that each Tenno specializes in one suit, but learns along and master others as time passes [mastery (how one wears male and female suits at the same time is still confusing, but i digress.. all in due time)]

He is right, plus the fact that bosses call you by name, because Excalibur or Mag is just your armor.

It's much more likely that the devs haven't been paying attention to this kind of lore in the past. Up to this point 'Warframe' and 'Tenno' have been practically synonyms and it doesn't even seem like this kind of lore is canon among the devs either. 

Edited by CubedOobleck

Of course they are just suit classifications. Why else would there be Prime versions?

If they were characters, there would only be 18 Tenno in existance atm? (unless ofc prime and normal versions would be the same character, then only 15)

My thoughts exactly, but you see how people still think this.

My thoughts exactly, but you see how people still think this.

No, I think that there are countless Tenno occupying 18 different suits. However they can only master one. It's the only one that makes complete sense on every level.

A single Tenno to a single suit.

Edited by thatdamnlobster

Ummmmm no. DE said themselves that each individual warframe has its own story, It just made me sad one of the excaliburs ending early.

"Each Tenno behind the Warframes have official concepts and idea's to what they look like [1] as stated by Art Director Mynki in Livestream #4 which may or may not be revealed in the future. "

'Each Tenno behind the Warframes' is not the same thing as 'each warframe has it's own story' it's quite the opposite.

Until proven otherwise by in-game facts I think we all play the same protagonist Tenno, that one Tenno that is awakened by the lotus just before Vor goes through the portal. Every player is at the same time the protagonist Tenno of his story line and a sidekick Tenno for the other player's nearly-identical and parallel story line.

If you consider that humanity was doomed in Dark Sector it's likely that Tenno and humans were just [re]made by the Orokin for their own purposes from the infested on Earth. This basically means Tenno could be anything, even unisex or capable of changing sex to fit each Warframe while still having 'concepts and idea's to what they look like'.

Edited by CubedOobleck

'Each Tenno behind the Warframes' is not the same thing as 'each warframe has it's own story' it's quite the opposite.

Until proven otherwise by in-game facts I think we all play the same protagonist Tenno, that one Tenno that is awakened by the lotus just before Vor goes through the portal. Every player is at the same time the protagonist of his story line and the sidekick and cell member for the other player's nearly-identical story line.

If you consider that humanity was doomed in Dark Sector it's likely that Tenno and humans were just [re]made by the Orokin for their own purpose from the infested on Earth. This basically means Tenno could be anything, even unisex or capable of changing sex to fit each warframe while still having 'concepts and idea's to what they look like'.

Ok say it's your way, why is it the official lore says the infested were released by the old ones to destroy the Tenno?

I have and always will support the idea that the suits refer to classes of Tenno. 

It just makes more sense. No scratch that, it MAKES sense. 

My Banshee is my Banshee, and your Banshee (if you have one) is your Banshee. They are not the same Banshee. That much is evident by the fact that my Banshee is much better. So much better that she is is the Top Percentage of all Banshees.