Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

19 Sisters, 1 Ephemera

I only hunted 8 just for the weapons, but only got one ephemera as well. it's already at 20% though, and I doubt DE would be willing to make the chances go any higher. the Ephemeras wouldn't be special if everyone could get them easily, right?

guess you'll have to keep at it and hope your luck improves. you'll get one eventually, I just hope it's one you actually want.

I hit 40+ with OG liches.  During that they had updated the drop rate.

I started out sisters strong with my first 2 out of 3 sisters giving ephemera.   Now they are cooling off.   Im like 2/8.   Of course the one im stuck on makes radiation weapons =/  

----------

Lich Weapon Fusion has become ALOT more awesome now.   Not getting ephemera sucks but you can work on getting one of each type of gun AND work on maxing out the bonus on the guns you do have.   Because now you get to choose which bonus damage your gun has between the two parents.   There is no wasted effort on liches anymore unless you get a gun for something you already have 60% on and that would be your own fault for stabbing that larvaling and not rolling something else.  

Otherwise I would say try for a specific element 5 times and if you dont get it then switch to another element.   

I need to start my comment with this, for reference: By contrast, I have hunted exactly 8 Sisters, one for each Weapon, and I have 4 Ephemera.

Yes, I'm lucky. Yes, this is RNG.

No, your experience is not uncommon, and before this I went through 40 or so Liches and have only received 3 Ephemera from them.

Yes that was unlucky, and yes that was also RNG.

True RNG can sometimes seem entirely unfair. However weighted RNG, or a 'pity' system that in some way guarantees a particular drop over time if it doesn't appear before that point is one of those systems that's implemented in games where the drop chance is not as high as 20%. Which is what the chance to get an Ephemera is.

Weighted systems are a way to retain engagement in a game where you have to pay for the rolls, or where the RNG is based on a form of actual gambling.

True RNG is usually reserved for games where the goal is to get you to actually play the game over and over. Like Warframe.

53 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

The odds are in your favor only after the 5th run but they're never 100%. Only 59% of players get 4 ephemeras after 20 runs.
91% of people should get at least one ephemera by the 11th run. OP was the 9% that needed more.

i think there needs to be some sort of token that drops from sisters/liches for people who get unlucky like this that can be taken to a vendor to let us buy those ephemeras, it's really disheartening to work that much for something and have nothing to show for it.

i think i got all of them in under 20..... have a couple of duplicates too.

But i am really not too bothered about cosmetics either way - i do wish you had to kill the lich/sister in a specific way to be able to get ephemera than simply being RNG though..

This whole game is based on RNG, so it is inevitable that there will be some outliers. The OP seems to have been really unlucky, but this is bound to happen to someone. I am sure there are also people who got all 7 ephemeras through their first 7 Sisters - they are just not complaining about it!

The drop chance stated on the Wiki is 20%, which is somewhat close to my experience (got 6th ephemera on 32nd sister, still farming for the fire one). This seems like a reasonable drop chance, and doesn't sound like something that needs adjusting.

...now watch me roll the next 10 sisters and not get the last ephemera on any of them!

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

You clearly didn't follow the sacred ritual of applying grease to a chihuahua and hurling it off a water slide, RNGesus was not pleased

/s

How bout you stop spreading misinformation? That was how you got Lich Ephemeras, Sister Ephemeras have a new sacred ritual that involves baking and eating 2 left sandals.

38 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

You clearly didn't follow the sacred ritual of applying grease to a chihuahua and hurling it off a water slide, RNGesus was not pleased

/s

35 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

How bout you stop spreading misinformation? That was how you got Lich Ephemeras, Sister Ephemeras have a new sacred ritual that involves baking and eating 2 left sandals.

While being conflicted on which ritual to perform to gain RnG's favor, I did both but grilled the Chihuahua and season it with greased sandals

RnG has listened and I seized the ephemera I was looking for, I humbly thank you two for your guidance and wish you to the very best.

Thank you,

~Your pupil PD

7 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

That's your drop rate though, not your actual probability of getting that many over doing that many liches, unless you increase your sample size dramatically and do a few hundred to a couple thousand liches.

By then, I think people would most definitely see the drop rate even out to being pretty much exactly what the table says in terms of how many you have by then, but odds don't even out without a very big sample. 

11 minutes ago, Planetary_Devastation said:

While being conflicted on which ritual to perform to gain RnG's favor, I did both but grilled the Chihuahua and season it with greased sandals

RnG has listened and I seized the ephemera I was looking for, I humbly thank you two for your guidance and wish you to the very best.

Thank you,

~Your pupil PD

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Adding this to my sacred rng ritual list!

Archived