Haven't played in a while

Pauluce

Yea, railjack now is nothing like it was at release and even a few months old 29.10 guides aren't quite correct now.

Non-open world Deimos: it's basically the derelict, the same missions on the same tileset, but you no longer need to craft keys (you still need dragon keys if you want to farm vaults) and open it up like a normal starchart planet. The derelict was removed, any keys in the inventory broken down back into resources.

Open world Deimos... One not immediately obvious thing is that it's where acolyte event mods now drop. All year round. Lots of other interesting stuff there, 2 frames (Lavos and Xaku) necramechs, etc.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Just keep in mind when reading some old stuff cause liches and railjack had changes after release, especially Railjack.

Thanks, I found a relatively recent (2 weeks) youtube videos about whats new in warframe, so that will help. 

2 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Yea, railjack now is nothing like it was at release and even a few months old 29.10 guides aren't quite correct now.

Non-open world Deimos: it's basically the derelict, the same missions on the same tileset, but you no longer need to craft keys (you still need dragon keys if you want to farm vaults) and open it up like a normal starchart planet. The derelict was removed, any keys in the inventory broken down back into resources.

Open world Deimos... One not immediately obvious thing is that it's where acolyte event mods now drop. All year round. Lots of other interesting stuff there, 2 frames (Lavos and Xaku) necramechs, etc.

Thank you, this Deimo open world sounds great

ADD: There's also The Steel Path now a kind of challenge/prestige starchart. Again, among other things, that's where acolytes now are (all year round) they drop Steel Essence and new primary/secondary arcanes instead of mods now.

And yea, Deimos is pretty cool, both visually and reward-wise.

you've got a bucketload of stuff to do, that's for sure!

my recommendations:

- Kuva Liches & Sisters of Parvos ( the latter will require "Deadlock Protocol" quest completion): these nemesis-type enemies  can be hunted down for some very powerful weapons and unique cosmetics.

- Deimos open world: some more good weapons here, and you'll also get to unlock Necramechs, which are awesome fun too IMO. Helminth system is also unlocked here, which might help make some of your less used frames more appealing to you. 

- Railjack: not everyone likes Railjack, but you should definitely give it a try, especially with all the improvements that have been made. you will also need them for the last part of Lich/Sister hunting now, but you can always join a public squad to make it more bearable.

- Steel Path; if you have the gear and the patience for it, this harder starchart with buffed level 100+ enemeis is worth it, as you can get Arcanes for guns that make them almost as strong as melee, a currency that you can use to buy Kuva, Umbra Forma, cosmetics etc. from Teshin.

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

my advice in this kind of situation is just playing and searching for stuff when you stumble upon them, since it's just too much to explain or reading patch notes

Agreed. When I came back there were just way too many patch notes too read. I just jumped in, learned as I went, and looked stuff up as needed if I wasn't sure what had changed. 

But just reading all of them? I'm only being half-joking in the post above. Depending on how thoroughly you want to read them, there probably is at least a good novels worth of patch notes to go through if you have been away from the game for a couple years or more, what with all the big updates and additions + the sheer amount of updates in general. Even just confining it to reading the patch notes from the major updates is a lot to commit to, maybe better to just read summaries on the wiki. 

Archived