Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the upcoming release of nidus prime, I hope to greatly improve his health and armor.

Auga3causeing

For the upcoming release of nidus prime, I hope to greatly improve his health and armor.
Nidus is the second battle armor without a basic shield after Inaros.
Inaros Health 550[2200 at R30].prime575[2300 at R30]
Nidus Health 150[450 at R30].
Atlas Prime compared to Atlas.
Higher armor (475 vs. 450)
More energy (175/262 vs. 150/225)
More health (175/525 vs. 100/300) This is the best.
Higher shield (150/450 vs. 100/300)
Higher sprint speed (1.0 vs. 0.9)
The most successful enhancement.
If Nidus suffers fatal damage with at least 15 stacks of Mutation, those 15 stacks are consumed, granting him 5 seconds of invulnerability and restoring 50% of his health.Parasitic links that last too short will cause the death of nidus during actual combat.
A man who likes nidus of ordinary players.

It would be nice to get 1 point of Shields so we can stop getting one shotted. I know I'm supposed to make mad stacks, but I find in endurance runs when the enemy is finally stong enough to one-shot my free-life-stacks, it only takes a few more seconds to kill me for real... maybe I'm just a sucky Nidus player...

I like Nidus too but my hopes are lower. He is a great frame and very versatile in most game modes unless nukers grab his lunch. Most frames got decent upgrades but some warframe just slightly better than their regular versions because balance wise they want to not outperform the regulars in every way. There are frames like Frost prime which is just a very minor upgrade compared to the regular Frost. Atlas in other hand due it's neckless design and lower popularity got a version which design wise and stat wise much better. Not sure how it boosted their sales but Atlas prime is a clear successor while most primes just little upgrades.

If they following their latest design philosophy like the kronen vs kronen prime or baza vs baza prime etc then surely the prime version would not outshine the regular one. I however would like Nidus to increase its health by 100-125 (the base) and the prime version +150-175. It would be then more tanky and viable but I wished the same for Rhino and Rhino prime which have also lower health stats compared to his tankyness.

No matter how much health/armor they'll add; he'll still be a great endurance-run frame and a fine all rounder.

I would just hope that in the future they'll tweak him so that one stack gives him 5 or even 10 armor. It would be a trivial difference with few stacks, but would be amazing at 100 or 300 with his augment.

For me it wont matter what they give in regarding health or armor, he'll just collect dust on a shelf after his 30 ranks are reached. There are just better tanky frames out there now and his whole build up mechanic feels very outdated. I cant get into playing him anymore.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

It would be nice to get 1 point of Shields so we can stop getting one shotted. I know I'm supposed to make mad stacks, but I find in endurance runs when the enemy is finally stong enough to one-shot my free-life-stacks, it only takes a few more seconds to kill me for real... maybe I'm just a sucky Nidus player...

His number 3 will solve that, attach it to a enemy and no more one shot

It is kinda sad that shield gating cheese is much better for endurance runs than someone like Nidus and even Inaros when you start getting a couple hours in. If the undying passive was adjusted to consume 10 stacks instead of 15, it might be a little better. Armor and health buffs will only go so far.

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

are you linked to an enemy at all times?

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

he'll be getting more health and a little more armor I'm sure. I wonder if they'd be willing to increase his passive health regen rate too, or if that would constitute making him straight up better than the vanilla version...

Why not increase the passive health for both?

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

I meant the health regen, my bad. Why not increase the health regen for normal and Prime.

oh lol. I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but I'm mainly wondering about the prime. no big deal if he doesn't get a regen buff at all, but I reckon if he does, it'll only be for his prime version, and the increase probably won't be much or else he'd be noticeably tougher than his vanilla, and DE doesn't want to go down that route: the benefit of primes is just the gold, minor base stat buffs and an extra polarity or two. (and I suppose easy energy in Void Missions). 

i really like nidus but it's kind of hard to build stacks with everyone on the team using aoe weapons and killing everything before you get a chance, he's just very slow at what most people want to do which is playing efficiently and as quickly as possible.

he lost his appeal for me as everything he does others do better, wisp heals everyone more quickly with an ability that doesn't have a timer, wukong has the undying passive without needing to build stacks for it (albeit it's limited to 4), his crowed control ability is also really annoying as it doesn't let you recast and many times enemies get stuck on different parts of tilesets and don't get grouped together. his link ability is his best at the moment imo.

this is not to say he's not a good warframe because he is, he's just not the best at anything he does and there is no reason to pick him over others in any scenario sadly.

Archived