Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva/Tenet element tuner

(PSN)PheonixFontaine

With the diversity of weapons and the specifics of the way weapons build, a user may want to change elements of an established weapon.

The grind through all of the weapon variants is already present and potentially the Warframe used to achieve those weapons may end with an undesirable element on your weapon. The versatility of a weapon build tends to urge users to diversify their output with different builds. Different enemies call for different weapon optimization in best case. (Despite the urge to have a singular all-powerful build.)

So, what I'm proposing is an item that allows you to tune your weapon's element via Valance Fusion. This item can be sold through Steel Path, Arbitrations, etc... The grind doesn't have to be non-present. (Holo-keys are butt to get, but it would be an equivalent exchange option.) The item itself would merely operate as a one-time element tuner when fused. I would like an item like this simply to allow users the versatility other weapons might have when experimenting with build outputs.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)PheonixFontaine said:

may end with an undesirable element on your weapon.

The element isn't random. Progenitor exists. I don't get the point of this idea at all other than skipping the process of reacquiring a the weapon for valence fusion.

Great idea. I doubt it will be a thing though. Not with all the people who'd start bawling and would storm DE with pitchforks and torches because they had to farm for it and use valance fusion, and now DE's giving others an option to change it 'grind-free'. It would be the same story as with the Universal Medallions and their use for Conclave standing.

I'll still hold my hopes for them introducing your idea (or some variation of it) into the game, along with the one that would bind weapon spawns to specific planets to ease up on the RNG aspect of acquiring them.

30 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

The element isn't random. Progenitor exists. I don't get the point of this idea at all other than skipping the process of reacquiring a the weapon for valence fusion.

Definitely true. However other guns you switch mods to change your element and build. Knowing ahead of time helps prevent the need for the gun tuner, however the variety of builds begs for different elements, sometimes on the fly. To the person making their own builds instead of looking up "optimal" ones, the need for a tuner rather than the grind to find the right gun again.

If the concern is using this as a bypass to Progenitors, then the simple solution is limiting it's purchase to maybe once a week.
Not a necessary item by any means, but definitely a convenience and one that would ease some pressures.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

maybe my view is too casual, but I feel like the best elements are either magnetic or radiation. I don't expect the meta to change unless DE adds other combo-elements to the Progenitor bonus.

Technically speaking Yes. Hybrid elements tend to be better due to their nature of usually needing 2 mods otherwise. I think the favored one is usually toxin from my experience because it makes it easier to get to Viral and Corrosive with a singular mod.

1 hour ago, (PSN)PheonixFontaine said:

So, what I'm proposing is an item that allows you to tune your weapon's element via Valance Fusion. This item can be sold through Steel Path, Arbitrations, etc... The grind doesn't have to be non-present.

I think I've made similar suggestion (before Tenet weapons) that Kuva's Trails (or however they are called) have chance to drop such item. It wouldn't be hard to acquire (no SP, ARb etc) but it will slightly decrease damage bonus.

If you get e.g. 4 of the same type (e.g. magnetic) you get 0 damage decrease.

2 hours ago, (PSN)PheonixFontaine said:

Technically speaking Yes. Hybrid elements tend to be better due to their nature of usually needing 2 mods otherwise. I think the favored one is usually toxin from my experience because it makes it easier to get to Viral and Corrosive with a singular mod.

I've seen many people choose this

and it has always puzzled me.

because 60/60Toxin mods already exist.

and the Progenitor bonus applies Last.

This choice basically locks people out of doing Viral+Heat, since the heat is a single element that must be applied Last -a position they've already committed Toxin to be in.

is getting to Viral "with a singular mod" really that big of a priority for people? Tenet/Kuva weapons certainly don't have issues with Capacity. Most of my weapon builds include 3 elemental mods, Tenet or Not.

It doesn't matter how many times I have to say this, I agree that Valence Fusion is an unnecessary component to the Nemesis System grind. Just as Forma should be used as the main component to increase the elemental bonus percentage (Simply because it provides an added incentive alongside MR), so too should Kuva or another unique resource be used to change elements.

Players already have to deal with RNG pertaining to the weapon your Nemesis will spawn with, the RNG of your Nemesis spawning in-mission, the RNG involving mod combination & the Requiem Relic/Mod grind. Yes, grind is circumvented through Murmur progression, Rage Meter progression, the Oull Mod, player trading & the Requiem Ultimatum beacon, but all of this takes a couple hours to burn through with just one Nemesis. If we can just trim the fat a little more, the Nemesis System would be absolutely perfect, and that's without addressing the total absence of Lich/Sister customization.

4 hours ago, (PSN)PheonixFontaine said:

With the diversity of weapons and the specifics of the way weapons build, a user may want to change elements of an established weapon.

The grind through all of the weapon variants is already present and potentially the Warframe used to achieve those weapons may end with an undesirable element on your weapon. The versatility of a weapon build tends to urge users to diversify their output with different builds. Different enemies call for different weapon optimization in best case. (Despite the urge to have a singular all-powerful build.)

So, what I'm proposing is an item that allows you to tune your weapon's element via Valance Fusion. This item can be sold through Steel Path, Arbitrations, etc... The grind doesn't have to be non-present. (Holo-keys are butt to get, but it would be an equivalent exchange option.) The item itself would merely operate as a one-time element tuner when fused. I would like an item like this simply to allow users the versatility other weapons might have when experimenting with build outputs.

How about:

every time you Fuse a new Kuva weapon, its Element gets unlocked permanently, and you can just switch between any element you've previously Fused from the mod screen.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

is getting to Viral "with a singular mod" really that big of a priority for people? Tenet/Kuva weapons certainly don't have issues with Capacity.

It's not a capacity issue, it's a slot issue.  Heat is nice, but so is an "extra" mod.  Bane, Shred, Galv. Aptitude /Scope, Hunter Mumu, etc.  Or QoL mods.

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's not a capacity issue, it's a slot issue.  Heat is nice, but so is an "extra" mod.  Bane, Shred, Galv. Aptitude /Scope, Hunter Mumu, etc.  Or QoL mods.

I still don't see the urgency

my standard build for most weapons is:

galvanized Condition Overload, galvanized Mulitishot, Crit Chance, Crit damage

Viral, Cold, Heat, (wildcard slot)

with wildcard slot being either a Riven, Hunter Munitions, Shred, or Bane as the weapon specifics warrant.

And with Kuva/Tenet weapons, an additional wildcard slot is freed up if I chose Heat as the progenitor bonus. -though for most of mine I'll use Mag/Rad as the bonus just for an additional CO element.

I'm just not seeing slots as a big enough limit to justify Toxin as the progenitor bonus...

I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of the mechanic would be when you have to grind multiple (up to 10) liches/weapons for a perfect 60% bonus.

Especially when we already have the option to keep or change our element during a Fusion anyway.

If you wanted it so that your first weapon wanted to be "tuned", why not just pick the right progenitor?

And even if you did pick a "wrong" element, there's very few cases where it would be an issue. You picked cold? Throw a toxin mod in there. You picked electricity? Throw a toxin mod in there. You picked heat? Literally not a problem.

Given, the existence of another weekly item wouldn't be an issue, though it's quicker to just farm another weapon than it is to buy it from whatever store it ends up on in most cases, only those that have existing essence to spend would benefit from the immediate change, then they'd go right back to farming weapons again, or ignore the item outright because you can just get another weapon for free instead of spending the essence/currency.

Archived