Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran Players Missing Out

SnowyGreyish

With all the releases/new gear, the veteran players are beginning to miss out on gear and items designed for those players. There is a huge boost in gear and frames designed from new players to mid-rank players, but then it stops entirely. The game is centered around rank2-7 players, but many are getting close to reaching rank 13, some of the most dedicated players and they seem to be overlooked everytime something new gets made.

Even mid-rank players will become veterans at some point and there won't be anything new for them when they do.

What exactly do you mean by this? I know many veteran players who thoroughly enjoy the new gear/items that have been released.

Are they missing out on OP guns or something? What are you trying to get at by simply saying veterans are missing out or getting overlooked?

What are you missing out on? The Soma is a weapon capable to carry through high-end enviroment, so is the Galantine, both are new additions that are useful for veteran players... if you, as a veteran player, are missing out on those, than it's cause you chose to, not because there are no options for you.

I hope we don't see anything like that before we see more challenging enviroments where such things would actually be needed, as the 6/7 gear is already turning most missions but high-wave defenses into a cakewalk. Which is why I don't think we need weaponry with higher requirements at all unless higher-ranked missions are getting implemented along with them.

I don't want to grind mastery.  There is no way in hell that I want weapons to have higher mastery.  I'm a veteran player.  I'm at mastery 8 and could take the tests up to 12.  Mastery is not fun at all.  I don't want to bother with it.

Enough grind already.  Let's just have a fun game to play and forget about all these craptastic tread mills.  All I want is fun.  Not grind.

Edited by ThePresident777

I play since the start of open beta and i am "only" rank 7. I think that is more than enough mastery to enjoy stuff. For example i already maxed out nearly every frame and i also maxed a lot of weapons. If the really awesome weapons are only equipable when you are level 13 most users would just stop playing, because it would take to much time to catch up.

What exactly do you mean by this? I know many veteran players who thoroughly enjoy the new gear/items that have been released.

Are they missing out on OP guns or something? What are you trying to get at by simply saying veterans are missing out or getting overlooked?

Of course. I do too, but the veterans were never the target group, they are just included because of overqualification. What the content should be I won't dictate for the devs. Everything is targeted the lower ranking players and I can easily use the sentence "I have no reason to ranking up!" Most people have heard it many times over because the higher ranks have never been targeted for content and there is no reason to, because there is NOTHING there.

Map level, weapon, gadget, ability... I don't plan on dictate. I only wanted to let DE know the lack of content for veterans results in many dont have anything to work towards in almost the second half of the game.

(To be honest if players have done over 500 or over 1000 hours of gameplay i dont care if they had some more OP weapons than the new guy, even though that isn't the subject I was getting at.)

If you are talking for the " we have no rank 10 - 13 gun " is pretty normal they cant add some item with such high rank requirement without having something in the middle, wich is what soma rank 6 - acrid rank 7 and some other gear is. Remeber when the HEK was the highest at rank 4? Give them some time :D

Yeah stop focusing on weapons, the only thing that requires a rank right now, ok, the thing writen up there ^ goes for everything not only weapons if DE decides so.

Edited by fatalis92

If you are talking for the " we have no rank 10 - 13 gun " is pretty normal they cant add some item with such high rank requirement without having something in the middle, wich is what soma rank 6 - acrid rank 7 and some other gear is. Remeber when the HEK was the highest at rank 4? Give them some time :D

First of all, stop focusing on weapons, they weren't the focus, general any-type content was.

We have a couple of hundred weapons to choose from... I won't even bother commenting.

With all the releases/new gear, the veteran players are beginning to miss out on gear and items designed for those players. There is a huge boost in gear and frames designed from new players to mid-rank players, but then it stops entirely. The game is centered around rank2-7 players, but many are getting close to reaching rank 13, some of the most dedicated players and they seem to be overlooked everytime something new gets made.

Even mid-rank players will become veterans at some point and there won't be anything new for them when they do.

First of all, stop focusing on weapons, they weren't the focus, general any-type content was.

We have a couple of hundred weapons to choose from... I won't even bother commenting.

It is indeed true that is would be nice to have more mastery ranked features. But I myself admit that your 'focus' didn't come through. I mean, How can you state that all the released content is focused on 2-7 rank players rather than 10+ players, when you mean other content than weapons. I don't actually know any mastery rank based content in the game that is no weapon (with exception of Rhino, which his XP2 is SH#T since you can just get all other warframe from XP0). You could give an example of the new contents that is 'rank 2-7 focused' and is no weapon. Because that makes it easier for people to reply on-topic and prevent people to post about the weapons.

I'm talking about all and any content, not Just only weps. I was putting focus on the subject that there hadn't been any content with high ranks as targets. I was deliberately avoiding weapons because people would just start spamming about OP weapons and forget that, that isn't the only content in the game. To let people keep in mind it didn't even have to be a weapon.

I'm talking about DE haven't targeted content for higher ranks. All the content is targeting low-mid ranks, NONE above.

One weapon dont qualify as content for 5 ranks.

As you were refering to ranks everyone just felt you were talking about weapon, as those are the only things locked by rank at all. Not to mention that a mid-rank player can do all the high-end content and beyond, as rank only relies on how many stuff you have leveled, not how capable your primary frame or weapon is.

Now that you explained that you actually want to expend the gameplay in general for veteran players who have mastered the gameplay mechanics and have a capable frame and weapon I have to agree with you. I personaly hope that the new damage system will help make current high-level content more challenging in some way, but an expension of content in general for the 'end game' is also something I'd like to see too.

Edit:

Still think you should keep away from the rank==powerlevel==veterency logic, as it's just false as high ranks can only be aquiered by grinding many things, not by specilizing and improving stuff for example via forma and high-ranked mods.

Edit2:

An example, two people reach rank 7, one focuses on further grinding weapons and frames he did not rank up yet while the other focuses on customizing his favorites via forma to get more power out of them. While the first one will have a higher rank the second one will have the more powerful loadout. If anything the PvP rating is a better way to judge powerlevel/veterancy of a loadout, though only of a loadout, than the rank of the account.

Edited by Feindfeuer

It is indeed true that is would be nice to have more mastery ranked features. But I myself admit that your 'focus' didn't come through. I mean, How can you state that all the released content is focused on 2-7 rank players rather than 10+ players, when you mean other content than weapons. I don't actually know any mastery rank based content in the game that is no weapon (with exception of Rhino, which his XP2 is SH#T since you can just get all other warframe from XP0). You could give an example of the new contents that is 'rank 2-7 focused' and is no weapon. Because that makes it easier for people to reply on-topic and prevent people to post about the weapons.

I'm talking about all and any content, not Just only weps. I was putting focus on the subject that there hadn't been any content with high ranks as targets. I was deliberately avoiding weapons because people would just start spamming about OP weapons and forget that, that isn't the only content in the game. To let people keep in mind it didn't even have to be a weapon.

I'm talking about DE haven't targeted content for higher ranks. All the content is targeting low-mid ranks, NONE above.

Told ya, I agree that there should be more mastery rank related content than weapons (and rhino). Yet again. You are speculating that the DE is specifically not focussing on the high rank players when releasing new content (other than weapons). Yet, you still didn 't give an example of the content that you say is in the game for the 2-7 ranked players. I suggest that you finally give an example of that.

I gave you a chance to give any example of content that you tag as 'created for 2-7 rather than high rank' (which is no weapon or rhino). And since you didn 't respownd to that I will assume that you Don't know any until you give one.

[snip]

Now that you explained that you actually want to expend the gameplay in general for veteran players who have mastered the gameplay mechanics and have a capable frame and weapon I have to agree with you. I personaly hope that the new damage system will help make current high-level content more challenging in some way, but an expension of content in general for the 'end game' is also something I'd like to see too.

[snip]

Edit2:

An example, two people reach rank 7, one focuses on further grinding weapons and frames he did not rank up yet while the other focuses on customizing his favorites via forma to get more power out of them. While the first one will have a higher rank the second one will have the more powerful loadout. If anything the PvP rating is a better way to judge powerlevel/veterancy of a loadout, though only of a loadout, than the rank of the account.

Agreed. I decided to grind mastery very quickly, but I didn't bother to use many formas until after I hit rank 12. Having spent a lot of time farming, I had some decent weapons and mods, but many lower-ranked players, such as ones with multi-forma'd Acrids and Ogris, had more power.

I'm also in agreement with you on damage 2.0. IMO this revamp is necessary in order for real, engaging challenges to be created for high-end play. Currently, exponential stat-scaling is the only difficulty modifier, and while it's artificial difficulty, it still does make things more difficult, to the point where it utterly destroys gameplay variety. When enemy level gets high enough, the only viable gameplay strategy is to keep the enemy CC'd until they die (and hide in a Snowglobe if the enemy isn't infested). This has to change in order for interesting challenges to be implemented.

Edited by litlit

As you were refering to ranks everyone just felt you were talking about weapon, as those are the only things locked by rank at all. Not to mention that a mid-rank player can do all the high-end content and beyond, as rank only relies on how many stuff you have leveled, not how capable your primary frame or weapon is.Now that you explained that you actually want to expend the gameplay in general for veteran players who have mastered the gameplay mechanics and have a capable frame and weapon I have to agree with you. I personaly hope that the new damage system will help make current high-level content more challenging in some way, but an expension of content in general for the 'end game' is also something I'd like to see too.Edit:Still think you should keep away from the rank==powerlevel==veterency logic, as it's just false as high ranks can only be aquiered by grinding many things, not by specilizing and improving stuff for example via forma and high-ranked mods.Edit2:An example, two people reach rank 7, one focuses on further grinding weapons and frames he did not rank up yet while the other focuses on customizing his favorites via forma to get more power out of them. While the first one will have a higher rank the second one will have the more powerful loadout. If anything the PvP rating is a better way to judge powerlevel/veterancy of a loadout, though only of a loadout, than the rank of the account.

Yea, I do have an issue with the rank as means of requirement, but it's the only type they have in use. Would accept other type of requirement, but I'm lacking a functioning alternative. I'm the type that have maxed it all i get access to, but still have 20-25 pieces of gear with 5 formas on 'em. I wouldn't care if it was a restriction of conclave, missions run, hours played or total kills, I just dont find them fitting as a restriction use.

[snip]

Edit:

Still think you should keep away from the rank==powerlevel==veterency logic, as it's just false as high ranks can only be aquiered by grinding many things, not by specilizing and improving stuff for example via forma and high-ranked mods.

Edit2:

Now that you say so, I didn 't thougt of forma's yet. Since update 8 the forma didn't come through for me yet. So I am not used to regard Forma's as a way to focus. I must admit that the use of forma's made it less possible to judge the 'tools' of a player.

Before forma (expecting that people focusing on mastery ranks allways level a weapon to 30, and low ranks to be stuck at few weapons which are really experienced with them )

Low rank players:

either ranked a few weapons or a few levels on several weapons.

-most likely stuck to a few weapons. Might have 'mastered' the use of these weapons.

-Don't know much about the use, tactics and role playing use in parties of any other weapon. (example, if you have only an 'super good paris' you fail at Hyena, except when you have a friend that can constantly damage hyena to prevent the shield regen)

High rank players:

didn; t bought slots and remove weapons to level new ones:

- used a lot of weapons and played at least as much to rank them 30 levels

- might not know these weapons by heart, which can lack experience with all leveled weapons individual compared to the experience a low rank has with his 'trusted rifle'

-You are not sure wheter the "30's" are still in their inventory, since they need to replace weapons in order to level them.

Either bought slots:

- HAve a wide arsenal with 30 weapons which is very capable of role-play

but after forma players with low ranks can still have a really baddass weapon which makes it harder judge as people with same mastery lvl / exp can be a lot stronger.

Still I actually think they should bring back the conclave stat visible outside the conclave. it is in my opinion the best indicator to dispay once 'power' with his current loadout. (As personal skill from within the player is ofcourse important but not objective)

Warframe you wear:

Warframes usually indicate the role and playstyle, like you can expect a rhino to tank and a trinity to heal. However, you can't see its rank in-game so it might be a rank 1 warframe so bad indicator

Weapons:

Same 'flaws' as warframes to be a good indicator

Mastery rank:

Only displays times ranking up weapons and warframes. Player can still wear either crappy gear, low level gear or even both. Since the mastery rank only dispays what either is in his inventory or was in his inventory, rather than saying what he wears now, Bad indicator

Conclave:

before removing conclave display everywere on the map, I did thougth it as the best indicator.

A mod has conclave. Stronger versios of the mod have higher conclave. good mods have good onclave either. 

This made conclave actually display the strength of the modification on the gear the player currently uses. though it was meant for pvp indication, it is just as good for public queqe for missions.

warframes can either be crappy or actually good modded

weapons can either be crappy or actually good modded

One can be low rank and wear either crappy (modded) weapon or decent (modded) weapon

High mastery can wear either crappy (modded) weapon or decent (modded) weapon

High conclave can't be reached with crappy or no modding --> low rank warframes / weapons.

Hope they are going to either bring back conclaive to display everywere again, or fix a system that indicates the strenght of a player with the current gear. Rather than giving an number of times ranked and class he usses, especially in a game where you can just switch from rank 30 tot rank 0 (unranked) gear.

Btw, not going to say much more about this. Since this topic is not about the value of mastery rank. Or what does indicate the actual strengh of a player in his current 'loadout'.

It was about content other than weapons or rhino that has been released for mastery rank 2-7 rather than 7+ ranks. (I am still trying to get ROVictiM give any example of content that requires just rank 2-7. As he claims that the current rank based content is available for 2-7 ranks and make the people hitting 13 feel empty for getting 6 ranks overkill. Thereby he claims that  there is mastery rank based content wich does not include weapons or warframes. ( see my previous posts and quotes as ROVictiM 's as well)

... Btw, not going to say much more about this. Since this topic is not about the value of mastery rank. Or what does indicate the actual strengh of a player in his current 'loadout'.

It was about content other than weapons or rhino that has been released for mastery rank 2-7 rather than 7+ ranks. (I am still trying to get ROVictiM give any example of content that requires just rank 2-7. As he claims that the current rank based content is available for 2-7 ranks and make the people hitting 13 feel empty for getting 6 ranks overkill. Thereby he claims that  there is mastery rank based content wich does not include weapons or warframes. ( see my previous posts and quotes as ROVictiM 's as well)

I'm talking about all and any content, not just weps. I'm talking about content released as a whole and you're talking about specifics. So for me irrelevant to this context.

What are you missing out on? The Soma is a weapon capable to carry through high-end enviroment, so is the Galantine, both are new additions that are useful for veteran players... if you, as a veteran player, are missing out on those, than it's cause you chose to, not because there are no options for you.

This.

Also theres no need for more weapon mastery, unless you're a scoretard.

Seriously. You say at least twice that the content is is for low ranks rahter than high ranks. You actually claimed twice that the content you mean is for 2-7, which you also name as low -mid ranked players. And that higher players don 't have such content? Show me any content that is no weapon or warfram that says : "You need xp lvl 2,3,4,5,6 or 7 for this".

And don't try saying : "I mean all and any content, so I am not going to give examples of no weapon warframe related stuff where you need ranks for"

By the way You're stating yourself that you don 't want to talk about weapons. So who'se specific ? You're seen all over this topic replying: "I am not talking about the weapons, just the other content". And becasue I ask you to specify or name the content that you mean. Since no-one else is actually payin attention to what you want to say. You are going to say exactly the same thing (no weaps, just content, all of it) yet you still not saying what you claim to say. ( DOn 't want to talk about weapons, just about other content, not going to name that content and just going to repeat myself)

And suddenly I get this from you?

I'm talking about all and any content, not just weps. I'm talking about content released as a whole and you're talking about specifics. So for me irrelevant to this context.

seriously did you even look at my posts rather than the stuff you specifically quote (Who'se specific now?)

That was your first comment stating no weapon related content

my first reply on your first 'no weapon related content post. In this topic' I clearly stated that I don't want to talk about weapons either and asked if you could specify the content you did mean. Since other people &#! well as I do, State that there is no 'other' content in the game that requires rank 2,3,4,5,6,7. 

And you keep repeating that you don 't want to talk about weapons. Well I don 't want to talk about that either. So start talking about the content you meant ! you seriously didn 't say anything about that yet.

Remember that I am not here to flame you ,this is for your own topic. You don 't want people to talk about weapons, but all you say is, I don 't want to talk about weapons. Instead of answering the question: What content do you claim to be rank 2-7 content, which isn't a weapon or a warframe?

Also If you don't want to talk about either weapons, or want to talk about the other content. Which you do as you actually only reply nothing more than : No weapon talk, content talk, because the current content is for 2-7 players (You don 't even name any indication why it should be 2-7) and the higher ranked players have no special content fix this. This makes your topic actually more an support ticket than an actually forum topic.

Next time you want to let the DE know you want more contents and try to convince them that they made only rank 2-7 content. Don't make a topic in which you don 't want to talk about weapons and wont't talk about the other content. Just send the DE a custommer ticket. Then you don't have to explain every poster that you don't want to talk about weapons and that you are not going  to talk about what content you want .

That's it I'm off

Not going to spend any more attention. It's your topic after all. If you want to only post : "I want more content for high ranked because all content only needs 2-7 rank" In your topic, your decision. I was trying to let you talke a little more about it. but you keep telling the same stuff over and over again. I had no intend to flame you as I already stated. So if you don't want to progress your topic. I respect that decision. I just thought that you wanted to talk about something else than weapons, but if you are not talking about it. I will no longer help you with that. 

Edited by AlmightyT0T