accidentally spawned a lich - how do I get rid of it?

Lotus-123

Question

The lich is annoying and makes gameplay a pain with the constant interruptions. I think the game messed up by throwing a lich at a player in a low-level nightmare mission. I've done a little research on the process of getting rid of it. Since I don't have a single requiem mod yet, this annoying stinker is gong to be bothering me for a long time. I guess there are times when it isn't a good idea to kill everything in sight and 'x' on dialogs without reading up on what it means to 'spawn a lich'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

currently no way

Thanks for the answer, even if I don't like it. Frankly, I'm not ready for this battle. The annoying little bugger is likely to make me play less. Guess I was wasting too much time in the game anyway. (there's usually a bright side, if you just look for it)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

Thanks for the answer, even if I don't like it. Frankly, I'm not ready for this battle. The annoying little bugger is likely to make me play less. Guess I was wasting too much time in the game anyway. (there's usually a bright side, if you just look for it)

I mean the simple solution is to just not play kuva missions if it is annoying. Sure you'll have his little quips here or there but if this is enough to push you away from the game then I don't know what to tell you. The lich only occupies one planet so you're not going to get stuff stolen all over the solar system. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

you mostly don't even have to worry about him if you don't do the actual lich versions of missions. He just steals a pittance of your resources.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

Don't stress it too much if you don't feel like dealing with it. 

The lich will only take resources you earn from one planet, and it will be a tiny percentage. Keep in mind too, those resources are not lost forever. Whenever you finally do get around to taking down the lich, you'll get it all back, along with a free weapon from that lich that you defeated (although you'll still need a slot to claim it). 

Just play the game and honestly don't worry about it much. It really won't affect your gameplay in any noticeable way, and when you do kill it you'll get a bunch of (sort of )stockpiled resources back and a new weapon. Just don't stress it, seriously. Do it when you are ready. 

• Like 1

It's a known issue. Liches appears too early for players who're not ready. Personally i think larving's kill prompt should come with a huge warning text "YOU'RE ABOUT TO START YOUR KUVA LICH HUNT. ARE YOU SURE???". I believe that can save a lot of rookies.

And i understand that ignoring it is easier said than done. For newer players, every little bit of resources are very precious. But that would be absolutely better than trying to face it under equipped.

If you want to kill your lich right now, your best bet would be asking help from more experienced players nicely, very important: don't beg, people hate it. The odds are pretty low but I've seen veterans who sympathize and helps.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

they will spawn on any node 30+ in level.

Thanks for all the kind responses to my forum post. I'm not positive what is meant by "any node 30+" - but I'm 90% sure that the level stated on the capture mission was not in the 30's. I wouldn't have been able to run through a 30's level mission without dying - or at least running for my life repeatedly.

32 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

Thanks for all the kind responses to my forum post. I'm not positive what is meant by "any node 30+" - but I'm 90% sure that the level stated on the capture mission was not in the 30's. I wouldn't have been able to run through a 30's level mission without dying - or at least running for my life repeatedly.

the mobs are 30+, which isn't very hard to do, even early on. Do you remember the planet and/or node. I can confirm they don't appear in anything lower, as can a lot of people.

I mean, I still think they are too accessible, but you literally have to hold down on the button to claim the lich. Regardless of what anyone's said, the supplies the lich takes at the end of the mission is a very small percent, and so scales with gains. And if you don't spend time fighting your lich, that will only be on Earth. Are you making sure to select regular m9issions on Earth or are you accidentally selecting the lich missions, because having one bothering you shouldn't be that big of a deal anymore.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Do you remember the planet

Larvaling (or whatever) appeared on a Nightmare mission on Ceres. And, yes, I'm sure it wasn't a Kuva mission. People here seem to be confident that I clicked on a 30+ mission - but I'm reasonably certain that I didn't. Nightmare missions are typically harder than normal missions for a given level - and I prefer to stay away from missions where I die. On the off chance that I'm wrong about the 30+ mission, I'll fall back on the suggestion made previously:

6 hours ago, Soy77 said:

larving's kill prompt should come with a huge warning text "YOU'RE ABOUT TO START YOUR KUVA LICH HUNT. ARE YOU SURE???"

I haven't complained about the tax that the lich takes. While I feel that it is an significant loss for players who are constantly running out of resources, it's just not worth complaining about. I rarely look at the resources from a mission. It's too discouraging to realize that I just spent 10 minutes frantically trying to stay alive - and got almost nothing for it.

Yes, it was my mistake to click on 'spawn a lich'. I just didn't know it would be so difficult to get rid of it, or so annoying. At least the game lets you silence the constant babble of Ordis. We should have something similar for a lich. Or maybe all dialog lines could be cut short after you've heard them a hundred times. It seems that Cephalon Simaris does cut his dialogs (which is good in my opinion).

I'll stop whining about this now.

11 часов назад, Lotus-123 сказал:

Лич раздражает и делает игровой процесс болезненным из-за постоянных перерывов. Я думаю, что игра испортилась, бросив лича в игрока в низкоуровневой кошмарной миссии. Я провел небольшое исследование процесса избавления от него. Поскольку у меня еще нет ни одного реквиемного мода, этот надоедливый вонючка будет беспокоить меня еще долго. Я думаю, что бывают моменты, когда не очень хорошая идея убивать все, что находится в поле зрения, и " х "в диалогах, не читая о том, что значит "породить лича".

самое простое попросить ребят из клана помочь с реликвиями и так же убить лича.по крайней мере у нас всегда помогают малышам( хотя малыш бывает вдвое старше тебя)удачи и не вешай голову

11 hours ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Long time ago i spawned a lich accidentally too . It was a bug , you have to kill it 

it wasnt a bug.

its like a 3 step process with actions you have to consciously take....youre saying the game skipped one or more of those steps and just gave you a lich?

thats your story?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cha0sWyrM said:

it wasnt a bug.

its like a 3 step process with actions you have to consciously take....youre saying the game skipped one or more of those steps and just gave you a lich?

thats your story?

It could have been back before DE added the press-and-hold mechanic to the larvalings. At that time, I had also picked up liches "by accident" because I stupidly hit the reload button when I was deciding if I wanted a certain lich weapon.  That is what happened to me, I don't know if that is what Silver experienced.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb cha0sWyrM:

thats your story?

it happend to me too that tha game just instakilled the larvling and i got a lich so yes that is a possiblity most likely a reason of the changes to parazon finishers

and if they had worked on a way to remove a unwanted lich instead of makeing it harder to get one on accident we would not have this problem but well thats another story

Edited by Keiyadan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

It's a known issue. Liches appears too early for players who're not ready. Personally i think larving's kill prompt should come with a huge warning text "YOU'RE ABOUT TO START YOUR KUVA LICH HUNT. ARE YOU SURE???". I believe that can save a lot of rookies.

And i understand that ignoring it is easier said than done. For newer players, every little bit of resources are very precious. But that would be absolutely better than trying to face it under equipped.

If you want to kill your lich right now, your best bet would be asking help from more experienced players nicely, very important: don't beg, people hate it. The odds are pretty low but I've seen veterans who sympathize and helps.

i still dont know how people make lich's by mistake you have to hold down the execute button to get one its not a tap its like saying u mistakenly charged up vaubans telsa nervos ability. But lets just ignore all that and say its a problem ur idea wouldnt even solve it cus thats the same system they had with the subsume with hemlith and people somehow still mistakenly subsumed their warframes.

OP should find a more experience player to help him cheese his lich thats the only way ur getting rid of it sry  

Edited by Ifeanoiba

Another victim of the ambiguous Lich system. Thanks DE.

4 minutes ago, Ifeanoiba said:

i still dont know how people make lich's by mistake you have to hold down the execute button to get one its not a tap its like saying u mistakenly charged up vaubans telsa nervos ability. But lets just ignore all that and say its a problem ur idea wouldnt even solve it cus thats the same system they had with the subsume with hemlith and people somehow still mistakenly subsumed their warframes.

OP should find a more experience player to help him cheese his lich thats the only way ur getting rid of it sry  

Because there's 0 clarity on this for new players. How would a player randomly finding a thrall and killing it (in a game where you KILL EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME) know that this would spawn a Lich that claims a planet and starts taking your resources? When I spawned my first Lich (it's still alive 1 year later) I had no clue to what would happen. I thought I'd just spawn a boss that I could tackle. But no, I found it was the worst grind ever to be able to beat one and all the while he takes my S#&$. Without thorough investigating this on the wiki you would just not know. And DE does absolutely nothing to make this clearer. A Lich can spawn right after you do the War Within. At that point players are by far not strong enough to even consider taking down a Lich and have so little playtime that they're still trying to grasp the bazillion other unexplained stuff in the game.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

but I'm 90% sure that the level stated on the capture mission was not in the 30's.

You're right.  People have been saying 30+ here, but it only takes a level 20+ grineer mission to spawn a Kuva larvling.  So your Ceres nightmare mission was definitely high enough level.

As others have said, you can safely ignore your lich for now.  He'll pop up to make annoying comments now and then, and will steal a small % (it's no more than 5% of a handful) of your mission rewards on Earth, but otherwise won't affect your gameplay.  When you're ready, you can start doing Kuva missions to collect some requiem relics and then start the process to get rid of him.  There are always groups doing the Kuva and lich missions in pubs, so you don't have to worry about tackling them alone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ifeanoiba said:

Well.. first of all, the hold down button mechanic is new. For the longest time it was simply press the button. So it shouldn't be too hard to understand why so many people accidentally pressed the button. Lily there was trying to reload, personally i thought i was doing a finisher, etc.

But more importantly, it doesn't tell newer players what does holding the button do. It shows picture of a weapon, and a prompt. What's happening here? Will i get the weapon if i hold this button? New players have absolutely zero idea that they'll need to farm relics, open them, then hunt clues, and put it all together to face a lich that's probably too strong for them.

I never claimed that adding such warning will "solve" the issue. It gives warning. Some newer players will stop to think, instead of just mash the prompted button. Videogames put warnings all the time. Final Fantasy put warnings before you enter dungeons with no way back. Just the other day i played a dating sim that puts warning when i was about to seal the deal with one girl, that I won't be able to approach other girls if i do. Warnings have been used in videogames for a really long time, and they works.

As for the helminth example, as i said i never claim it to be the ultimate solution. Warning signs are always on electric fences yet people got electrocuted all the time. It's not a warframe issue it's human issue, we're stupid.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

It could have been back before DE added the press-and-hold mechanic to the larvalings. At that time, I had also picked up liches "by accident" because I stupidly hit the reload button when I was deciding if I wanted a certain lich weapon.  That is what happened to me, I don't know if that is what Silver experienced.

its still THREE steps. you didnt do all 3 things on accident.

and still not a bug.

12 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

It wasn't likely a bug, they spawn for anyone, afaik. And they will spawn on any node 30+ in level. 

Not true. They will spawn in any mission with lvl20 enemies, not lvl30. That's why this happened:

6 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

I'm not positive what is meant by "any node 30+" - but I'm 90% sure that the level stated on the capture mission was not in the 30's. 

Because it Wasn't lvl30. I believe you were on Cassini, Saturn, which is actually a really good Larvling-hunting node

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

it happend to me too that tha game just instakilled the larvling and i got a lich so yes that is a possiblity most likely a reason of the changes to parazon finishers

and if they had worked on a way to remove a unwanted lich instead of makeing it harder to get one on accident we would not have this problem but well thats another story

im calling shenanigans. i flat out dont believe that it happened that way. i believe you believe it...but im willing to bet a diddle-eyed-joe to a damned if i know...that you pressed a button. could i be wrong? sure.....but...you pressed a button. not only did you press the button...but you picked the mission...and you chased the larvling down......or are you claiming those 2 things were also accidents?

theres zero excuses for "accidentally" creating a lich. ive done quite a bit of liches by now.....i dont even understand how people could make the claim of an accident. its amusing to me to see people still complaining about this instead of just paying attention to what they are doing. its not des fault players are careless.

• Like 1

Many nice comments have been made. Thank you.

In order to clarify a couple of possible misunderstandings, the "accident" in my case was that I chose to spawn a lich without any comprehension of just how annoying it would be, and how difficult it would be to get rid of it.

The "bug" in my view, is that DE shouldn't be giving a lich 'quest' to a player this early in the game. A nightmare mission in the 20's - and the player has absolutely no requiem mods. Either of those situations should make it obvious that the player is a long way from being able to confront a lich. But then again, I'm not a game designer. Maybe game psychology shows that throwing huge monsters at the players will challenge them to keep coming back.

I will try to ignore the little sucker.

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb cha0sWyrM:

theres zero excuses for "accidentally" creating a lich. ive done quite a bit of liches by now.....i dont even understand how people could make the claim of an accident. its amusing to me to see people still complaining about this instead of just paying attention to what they are doing. its not des fault players are careless.

i see your point i know if you not exp it yourself you wont belive it and i for the most part dont want to talk about every bug i encounter but there alot of them and if they not at least reach the categorie of game brakers i is wasted time for me to tell anybody because nobody cares
like you too it is our fault that the thing happens there are people complaining for a reason if you cant get behind it what is in for you to play them down.
we for the most part want that the game gets better at handeling the things we encounter and nothing is wrong with that.
but as my exp shows it is a waste of time and only adds stress where no stress would be needed.

and what would you lose if lichs would be removeable realy? and i mean just get rid of them not getting anything for doing so.

so have a nice day or something

Edited by Keiyadan
  • Like 1