Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Farm Platinum With Surgical Precision And Mathematical Accuracy With The Highest Levels Of Qualitative Efficiency?

KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24

Question

Greetings and salutations fellow Tennos!!

I know that Warframe Business, Trading, Market and Economy Parameters, Variables, Ranges and Scales revolve around the Demand and Supply Ratios synchronized with the Profit and Loss Margins, especially when it comes to Platinum Farming. There are some variables that are not under our control due to the dynamic business, trade, market and economy gameplay design and mechanics, but whatever is under our control can be optimized for improved and upgraded methodologies, techniques, plans and strategies for better inputs and outputs of productivity on both an objective and subjective perspective. Following are the standard techniques utilized by Warframe Players and mentioned in Website Guides and Youtube Videos and these are my observations in 480 hours of in-game mission time and 8 weeks in trading=>

{1} Prime Sets => This seems to be the most lucrative option in the Trading System of the game, but there are a few problems in regards with the RNG System. It usually takes approximately, an average time of about 16 hours to farm 1 Prime Set if you remove the factor of recruitment duration and assume that you have a full squad of 4 players with the target Void Relic with enough void traces to do a Radiant Share on standby. Even if you farm the whole Prime Set, you are not able to sell it for an average price of 200 p even after its parts of the specific Warframe have been vaulted. It took me 8 weeks to sell Mirage Prime for 80 p after it was vaulted.

{2} Augments => I have all the Augment Mods of both the Syndicates of Steel Meridian and Red Veil and not a single buyer in 8 weeks of trading.

{3} Corrupted Mods => I have 240 Corrupted Mods that I farmed solo in 2 weeks and not a single buyer. A few players wanted them for 20 p to 40 p at Max Rank.

{4} Aura Mods => I have collected 2 dozen of them and I got one player who was willing to offer 10 p for one Aura Mod.

{5} Dual Stat Elemental Mods => I have gotten a few of these and no buyers and the ones that they want, usually take a significant time to farm, so the time to profit ratio is very high.

{6} Nightmare Mods => Again, I have a few of these as well, but again I have had no buyers. (From what I have observed from Warframe Market and NexusHub is that there are more sellers than buyers.)

{7} Ayatan Sculptures => In all of my gameplay experience, I had the opportunity of noticing only one trader with the message request of buying a specific type of an Ayatan Sculpture fully socketed that he was willing to acquire for a reasonable amount.

{8} Riven Mods => Technically, these take the longest to farm and due to the RNG System may prove to be absolutely worthless even after you spend hundred of hours of game time farming them.

The only solution that I have been able to analyze for this problem, in order to get a steady source of Platinum Farming which is not profitable, but gets you just enough platinum to make you progress through the game at a slow but steady rate, is none other than the Farming Technique and Trading System of Prime Junk. So, at the end of this question's description; the real question might or would be {"How To Farm And Sell Prime Junk With Surgical Precision And Mathematical Accuracy With The Highest Levels Of Qualitative Efficiency"}.

If you agree with my analysis or if you have an alternate strategy that you consider to be more effective, please feel free to share with us. If you have any opinions or suggestions that you would like to input in order to refine and polish my analysis and experience, you are most welcome. Please, it is my humble request that you feel free in offering any technique that you would consider to be the most efficient in Platinum Farming and also in selling Prime Junk. Thank you very much for your patient reading and I am looking forward to your response or feedback.

22 answers to this question

this is how i do it. when an expensive warframe is unvaulted i wait for the price to drop, and it does, to less than half, that's when i buy as many sets as i can afford, then i wait for the price to go back up to what it was before the unvaulting and then i sell. another method is buying primed mods that baro brings. now let's get something straight, i don't buy the mods from baro, i buy them already maxed from players, then i wait for the price to go up. this is a bit risky because baro can bring the same mod before i get to sell which lowers the price even more but i see that as an opportunity to buy more mods because eventually the price will go back up even if it takes 6-8 months. check out the price statistics on rhino prime and primed cryo rounds on warframe market to better understand what i mean.

I have also found that prime sets are the best. But I never really farm relics. I look at what I have lying around and see what sets I can assemble easily. I also sometimes will buy an individual part to complete a set since that has the effect of a quick flip for profit.

I also keep an eye out for other things I can get passively while playing the game which will give me some plat. For example, syndicates, Symaris, etc. all basically give you things automatically while you're doing other stuff.

You say that you can't find buyers, but you can just lower your prices. You can't control the market price, it is what it is. Time spent selling is one of the most important things, which is why I use Warframe market. I just list whatever I have a few plat cheaper than the next guy, and it will sell right away usually. Sure I could get a better price in trade chat, but that would take longer, and I could spend that time actually playing the game and farming more things to sell, so it's way better and more fun to sell things for cheap on the market. It makes no sense to farm efficiently and sell inefficiently - you need to spend as little of your own time actively selling as possible.

I haven't actually farmed for plat in a long time since I have so much now. I have about 5,500 plat mostly just from selling stuff I get accidentally while playing the game.

I remember I farmed all the plat to get Khora from scratch when she came out, just to see how long it would take. From start to the last sale, it took like 5 hours or something. I made a whole post about it on Reddit but I can't find it, oh well.

1 hour ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

I asked about different techniques that are efficient in farming Platinum and not an absolute one size fits all strategy

You identified most of the usual options in your initial post and a couple other good ones have been mentioned by other posters (buying prime mods from Baro, then holding for several months until demand overtakes supply).  It is just up to you to decide what fits your preferences best and adapt accordingly.

When I needed a steady supply of a small amount of plat, I found that farming drift mods from Lua was a reliable way to pick up 5 or 10 plat frequently (at least several times a week).  This was enough for me to always have enough to get weapon or warframe slots when I needed them or to occasionally pick up a prime part that I was having bad luck acquiring.  Now, I'm in a different place in the game and I don't even list items that would sell for only 5 or 10 plat.  I only list items that I can sell for 20 plat or more, usually 50+, and I am willing to sit on those higher value items for months if I need to.  I have enough plat that I never need to think twice about slots again and can just skip an annoying farm (I'm looking at you Ambassador) if it doesn't look fun or worthwhile.  

You understand the situation well enough.  Just go do what seems worthwhile to you and if your feelings change in the future, change your behavior accordingly. 

2 best ways to acquire plat:

1. Requiem mods. There's always someone who wants a requiem for their current lich and will pay 10p for the missing one. TBH I sell them for 5p or swap just to help get them past the game grind, but you can end up selling them for 10p each. There are a lot of people who need those missing requiems.

2. prime sets. Don't try to sell them, lurk on trade chat for someone to pop up wanting to buy. Then talk to them and they will come and buy what they want off you. Simple and what the trade was supposed to be IMHO (ie not chancers offering to buy "any" riven along with their arrogant and entitled attitude of "no response = not interested". Screw them. Or the chancers looking to buy vaulted relics for next to nothing. Or those flooding the chat with their stupidly overpriced rivens).

3. whilst lurking on trade chat you'll also find the odd player wanting a mod, syndicate part, or random drop part. Sell to them too.

but frankly, all the greed over plat is pointless, you can't use it out of game, so once youy have enough for a load of slots or to buy the few bits you are missing, its meaningless. Makes those desperatly trying to sell stuff quite peculiar. So sell cheap, its a game of ninja combat, not shopkeeping.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Honest answer, please don't take it in a bad light.

Everytime I've seen you ask a question, you've written an essay with it and asked very specific details. The answer is simple, Warframe is not a maths equation and you are going about it the wrong way. There are a heap of ways to make plat all dependent on what you enjoy doing and how advanced you are in the game. You need to stop looking for absolution in your answers and accept the fact there is no "best way" to do everything in this game, there a number of ways and each person will find differing levels of success depending on their skill level and playstyle.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your ability in giving honest answers, brother. You're response is always welcome and I understand what you're trying to say.

I asked about different techniques that are efficient in farming Platinum and not an absolute one size fits all strategy, although some might be more lucrative than others depending upon the circumstances, as this is an open market and a dynamic economy. I understand that individuals play this amazing game for the Power Fantasy and not the mathematics, but you should also take this into consideration that Warframe is a numbers game. Skill does play a small part, but not as much, as it is required in games like "Street Fighter" where the mechanics are simple to understand, but difficult to master as it is based on physical memory and quick reflexes along with timing and rhythm. There are many ways of doing one thing in Warframe, but some are more optimal than others and the biggest opponent of this game is time. If you play this game wrong; you can spend 10000+ hours and you might get somewhere, but it won't be as much as the other player and you would lose interest before you even begin to reach the endgame, which technically doesn't exist, but that is a topic for another discussion, so that's where efficiency is brought into the mixture.

I am not expecting anybody to write a Doctoral Thesis on the answer to my question. I was just thinking that there are so many hardcore players in Warframe, who can give me an "approximate" answer to a "specific" question. There are guys out there like "RzNadare" who wrote a full "Report" on Reddit without anybody asking about it; of his strategy of farming New Primes using only Relic Packs and his findings are no doubt a valuable contribution to the Warframe Community. There are so many detailed articles written in the Warframe Forums as well. It is because of these individuals that so many New Players have had a better understanding of the gameplay design and mechanics, and the grind became just a little bit more bearable, as we all know that the grind is a major part of this game.

I have also asked simple questions in a few lines as well. But when it comes to complex questions with many answers, I understand why it would seem to be difficult to give an appropriate answer. Again, that's where you give the best strategies and then give the Individual or Player an opportunity to make an educated or informed decision, of what technique would be suitable for him, but if he doesn't know those variables then how can he make the decision in the first place to begin with anyway.

I needed to put some structure or context behind my question, otherwise people would have repeated the same things that I would have already done.

Otherwise, there is also another factor which is called "Obsolete Guidance", in which you see a 2 year old guide, which says that the "Arca Plasmor" is the best weapon for the "Index".

Or that you can level up your Warframe in 2 minutes on Hydron, but then they don't tell you the most important part of the story.

I am just talking about objectivity here; not absolution. When I see a Youtube Video that says Equinox Prime is the most devastating Nuke Warframe in the game and backs it up with empirical evidence; that gives you a solid picture of what that particular Warframe is capable of or that Saryn Prime has the highest DPS, then you know what you are dealing with.

Just yesterday; in this very thread write above this reply, "(PSN)haphazardlynamed" just gave me an objective answer, which is not absolute, but given the right circumstances has the potential of working quite effectively if however the RNG System is in your favor.

Still, I can reconsider my strategy of asking questions in a more generalized tone and fashion, so that my thread can be more inviting to a wider spectrum of members. Your point has been taken and your message has been understood; brother.

Ayatan sculptures: back when I was still new to WF, I could sell sculptures fairly easy at reasonable prices. Haven't done that in ages, though.

Riven mods: they have become much easier to acquire, since Steel Path and Palladino can give you them. But the trouble is selling. Most of them do hardly anything, just rotting in your inventory. I used to try to sell veiled mods with hard or annoying challenges, but since we can bypass that too it's not really necessary anymore.

Easiest method to get a decent stream of plat is to just farm Void relics and sell the parts. I focus mainly on 10+ plat parts and selll the rest for ducats. Since prime parts are so easy to get, I sell them whenever I can. I'm not min/maxing plat, if I can get a good price I sell. Don't need to maximize income, since I already have more then enough plat.

Also don't forget that a resource booster also doubles your reactant during Void Fissure missions. Makes it much easier to upgrade the relic.

Honest answer, please don't take it in a bad light.

Everytime I've seen you ask a question, you've written an essay with it and asked very specific details. The answer is simple, Warframe is not a maths equation and you are going about it the wrong way. There are a heap of ways to make plat all dependent on what you enjoy doing and how advanced you are in the game. You need to stop looking for absolution in your answers and accept the fact there is no "best way" to do everything in this game, there a number of ways and each person will find differing levels of success depending on their skill level and playstyle.

19 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

if i takes you 16 hours to get 1 Prime Set, you're using the wrong strategy.

it takes 1-2 hours. 

Where do you think the "WTS X Prime 1000plat" that show up in the first hour of a new Prime Release Update come from? and that first hour after the update drops is critical for getting the high prices 16 hours later the prices will be less than halved.

the Strategy is: Before Prime Release Day, be Max Standing with 3 syndicates, with a stockpile of medallions for the 3 Opposite syndicates.

the instant Update Drops, Burn through all standing on Syndicate Relic Packs -which can contain New Relics.

when you're out of standing, turn in a medallion to the Opposite syndicate, to De-Rank your friendlies, and thus unlock the next lower tier rank's standing for More Relic Packs. Repeat till your friendlies are neutralized.

This nets you in the order of 150 or so Relics in the space of about 20mins of jumping back and fourth between the different Syndicate Vendors in a Relay. and probably 1/5 of those will be the New Prime Relics. -yes, 20mins, not hours of Void Farming.

Then you just take your Clan (who should have been all doing the same thing) and radshare them all.

Get all new primes in the first hour or two after Update Drops. Sell to whales asap. big platinum.

Thank you for your feedback, brother. I was actually factoring in the time period revolving around the strategy of farming the target relic from the drop tables with the highest chance of giving that specific relic at a particular location. And also the time period required to get the void traces without using a resource booster especially if you are a beginner and don't have much platinum to spare, along with how much void traces you can farm at what rank, like for example if a Warframe Player is MR 18 with a Void Trace Storage Limit Range of 1000; how fast can that player farm the void traces and would that player be able to get the target reward after doing 10 Radiant Shares, all in one go if the RNG System would be able to accommodate that in a normal, average, regular or orthodox setting. Because I have done 10 Radiant Shares for one item and I still didn't get the Prime Part especially if it was a Rare Gold Tier Item from an Axi Relic. But still, I understand what you are trying to say and I have as a matter of fact, heard of this strategy and I agree that this strategy in the right setting would work if things go according to plan.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a Detailed Guide or a Youtube Video after searching the internet for 4 hours. So, it is my humble request if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction or give me the link of a proper guide with Flowcharts and Spreadsheets in order for me to start planning my next Unvaulting Routine. Youtubers "KingKacchi" and "NeoNess007" have mentioned this strategy in a few sentences in one of their videos, but they haven't explained in detail of how to execute it properly. I haven't found a single video giving any demonstration or explanation of this technique, which was really surprising since everybody usually talks about it on a regular basis and beginner novices usually request about it in order to gain this valuable piece of knowledge. Although, I have heard about this strategy, I have also observed that people execute this methodology in different techniques with varying results and outputs. For example, I found a post on Reddit by the username "RzNadare" who did a little research in the time period when Hydroid Prime was released. The topic of the thread was =>

"Farming new Primes by Syndicate Relic Packs? A Warfarmer's Perspective (Ft. Hydroid Prime Release)"

TL:DR => Farming Hydroid P purely by Relic Packs. 66 Relic packs used. 80% done within 20 packs.

Player's Observation Of The Experimentation Results =>

Duration: 5 hours and 55 minutes

The total number of Relic packs needed to farm everything was 66 Pulls for 198 Relics with a total cost of 1,320,000 Syndicate Standing.

Website Link => https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6xddyk/farming_new_primes_by_syndicate_relic_packs_a/

Do you by any chance know about any other materials or sources that would prove to be useful or valuable in refining my approach? Thank you very much; looking forward for your response or feedback.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

it takes 1-2 hours. 

Where do you think the "WTS X Prime 1000plat" that show up in the first hour of a new Prime Release Update come from? and that first hour after the update drops is critical for getting the high prices 16 hours later the prices will be less than halved.

the Strategy is: Before Prime Release Day, be Max Standing with 3 syndicates, with a stockpile of medallions for the 3 Opposite syndicates.

the instant Update Drops, Burn through all standing on Syndicate Relic Packs -which can contain New Relics.

when you're out of standing, turn in a medallion to the Opposite syndicate, to De-Rank your friendlies, and thus unlock the next lower tier rank's standing for More Relic Packs. Repeat till your friendlies are neutralized.

This nets you in the order of 150 or so Relics in the space of about 20mins of jumping back and fourth between the different Syndicate Vendors in a Relay. and probably 1/5 of those will be the New Prime Relics. -yes, 20mins, not hours of Void Farming.

Then you just take your Clan (who should have been all doing the same thing) and radshare them all.

Get all new primes in the first hour or two after Update Drops. Sell to whales asap. big platinum.

brag chris redd GIF by Saturday Night Live

This but u need friends /business associates n that sucks

1 hour ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

{1} Prime Sets => This seems to be the most lucrative option in the Trading System of the game, but there are a few problems in regards with the RNG System. It usually takes approximately, an average time of about 16 hours to farm 1 Prime Set if you remove the factor of recruitment duration and assume that you have a full squad of 4 players with the target Void Relic with enough void traces to do a Radiant Share on standby. Even if you farm the whole Prime Set, you are not able to sell it for an average price of 200 p even after its parts of the specific Warframe have been vaulted. It took me 8 weeks to sell Mirage Prime for 80 p after it was vaulted.

it takes 1-2 hours. 

Gotta give you the props for knowing your stuff before asking the question. I mean... I'm the one who always lamented people's lack of knowledge when they ask stupid questions...

Regarding your question itself... there's no real way of surgically getting plats with 100% success. You just post em on wrfrmemrkt and hope for the best. You also still need to make sure that you're top cheapest seller or people won't even find your post, just hope one day all the other sellers are offline and you end up as the cheapest seller online. You can see that a lot of waiting and hoping is involved here, it's not for people who look forward to quickly get their plats.

If you do need quick sure plats, my advice would be trade chat. Just set it on and play the game like usual, if you see someone wtb an item you're willing to part with, you're on. He's online, you're online, the price is there, if you don't haggle further, that'll be money right there right away.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm confused...

Are you asking for help here? Or did you simply made the thread in the wrong section?

Thank you for your feedback, brother. I have asked the question in the title, but I also wanted to put a little structure behind it, so that there are no misunderstandings or repetitions of the same techniques.

Archived