Xoris
Ninkondi Prime
Gram Prime
Dagger Zaw

Archgun:

Grattler
Kuva Grattler
Kuva Ayanga

This is certainly not exhaustive and they aren't necessarily THE best of the best but they my favorite of the top-shelf weapons. These are all weapons that are viable in Steel Path and most every bit of content available.

Some lower MR entries in the primary category would be Cedo, Acceltra and Ignis Wraith (8-8-9) if liches and sisters are beyond you. Those will also not fail you whatever content you do.

The list of viable melee weapons is huge. That is more a matter of what stances you have and work for you.

My access to platinum and patience to overcome the grind is my most powerful weapon.

Jokes aside , there would be many weapons that i consider strong ,

However i think what most people want, when they ask this question, are weapons that can clear hordes the fastest with minimum player intervention.

So AOE weapons (between 5 to 8m range eitehr radial or chain length) with 25%+ CC and 25%+ SC and minimum 2x CD ,above 1.5 fire rate and 500+ damage at base would be most fitting for ranged weapons.

Melee would be at 1+ speed , 25%+ CC , 20% + SC and 2x+ CD but since they have the added benefit of stances things with guaranteed slash procs would perform better,

And rivens with the right roll could push some borderline weapons as well.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Primary weapons:

Kuva Bramma
Kuva Zarr
Tenet Envoy
Tenet Tetra
Probiscis Cernos
Tombfinger

Secondary weapons:

Tenet Cycron
Kuva Nukor

Melee:

Xoris
Ninkondi Prime
Gram Prime
Dagger Zaw

Archgun:

Grattler
Kuva Grattler
Kuva Ayanga

This is certainly not exhaustive and they aren't necessarily THE best of the best but they my favorite of the top-shelf weapons. These are all weapons that are viable in Steel Path and most every bit of content available.

Personally I would ignore this list, OP. If anything, it's mostly subjective but I certainly wouldn't agree with a lot of these.

29 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Personally I would ignore this list, OP. If anything, it's mostly subjective but I certainly wouldn't agree with a lot of these.

Eh, personal preferences aside as the question wasn't what we enjoy the most, the weapons in that list certainly work well. Good AOE and the stats to back them up. They can clear maps on any level and in the overwhelming majority of mission types that would be all you need. They are most certainly not out of place in any list with the most powerful general purpose weapons, which is what the OP seemingly asked for.

Since this is the type of question that betrays relative unfamiliarity with the game, the only objections I could raise is that the OP might not have the mods/support to elevate some of those entries to full-on OP brokenness in a sustainable way, but eh, plenty of 'em work as advertised on a budget of standard mods and little to no formas until at least SP.

Feel free to add what you think are the most powerful weapons!

15 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Eh, personal preferences aside as the question wasn't what we enjoy the most, the weapons in that list certainly work well. Good AOE and the stats to back them up. They can clear maps on any level and in the overwhelming majority of mission types that would be all you need. They are most certainly not out of place in any list with the most powerful general purpose weapons, which is what the OP seemingly asked for.

Since this is the type of question that betrays relative unfamiliarity with the game, the only objections I could raise is that the OP might not have the mods/support to elevate some of those entries to full-on OP brokenness in a sustainable way, but eh, plenty of 'em work as advertised on a budget of standard mods and little to no formas until at least SP.

Feel free to add what you think are the most powerful weapons!

except that a lot of those weapons are mostly by no means even top tier.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

And yet, for what they're worth, you will find them in at top spots in most up-to-date tier lists. Some might be tier S in one, tier A in another, but I would personally rate only the Tombfinger and Tenet Tetra as pure tier A. But who cares, it's just mostly meaningless labels, the performance gap is minimal, they are all capable of wiping out maps.

I guess beyond the Ignis Wraith, Cedo and Acceltra I already mentioned, we could also add Bubonico and Trumna as imho top tier. And add honorable mentions for the likes of solid tier A primaries like Staltha, Kuva Tonkor, Kuva Ogris, Corinth Prime, Fulmin and Phantasma.

Any more suggestions?

7 hours ago, (PSN)MerlinTheWizz321 said:

Best Weapons

7 hours ago, (PSN)MerlinTheWizz321 said:

what are the most powerful weapons in the game?

These are two different questions.

Best weapons in the game are Buzlok, Ripkas, and Talons.

But the most powerful weapons in the game are memes, trade bans, and RNG.

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

Objection!

Where is the Mausolon in this list?

That's a good point. I forgot about it when I made my response. Mausolon is a good arch gun as well. It is easy to obtain and has great stats compared to other arch guns.

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

What is your criteria for defining something as top tier? All of the weapons I listed are viable in Steel Path against all factions. 
As another user posted, the real issue here would be with regard to mods available. 

Also, I'm curious what you would include in a list of recommendations. I know I missed some good weapons but as I said in my response it was not an exhaustive list;.

If you check the tier list on overframe.gg and pick frames and weapons from either s-tier or a-tier you very rarely go wrong.

Then don't forget you have the option to create synergy with frame, melee and gun. It depends on what your entire build is and you are also free to do weapons that heal and provide CC.

For instance I only have utility mods on my secondary and put both speed boost and healing and my melee and my gun does AOE CC.

Not the best numbers in the world of cookie cutter but very useful, so I'd say aim for what works for your fun/build/frame/intentions, within the limit of being high enough tier to perform.

Then it's also a good idea to have weapons for different game modes like sorties with weapon limitations, secondary only or whatever.

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Also, I'm curious what you would include in a list of recommendations. I know I missed some good weapons but as I said in my response it was not an exhaustive list;.

Honestly, from testing I can tell you what is going to cap out most of the time, but I really hesitate to say what I would replace those choices with simply from my own ignorance of what the meta is currently.

TBF, it's true that those will carry you, but they aren't the best tools for the job in my opinion. One example I would give is with melee, and how few are listed when melee is still mostly top tier even with the gun buffs. I use the ceti lacera and it melts anything it touches. Combine that with how few melees were listed, well, it is my personal belief that melee is still significantly strong. 

That said, I should have been less disparaging. Lists like this are entirely subjective. I have a ripkas with a riven that let's it go up to lower tier SP, and the ripkas mostly suck without that. (I use them a lot on nekros for the added gore mod to potentially get more drops, and pair them with the kuva kohm.)

Archived