Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblems

Kickboxing_Banana

The emblems are approved manually and it discourages people of adding $&*^pics or other phallic objects to their emblems.

You only have to pay it once and after that everyone in the clan can use it, albeit with a purchase of the emblem slot.

The emblems are approved manually and it discourages people of adding $&*^pics or other phallic objects to their emblems.

You only have to pay it once and after that everyone in the clan can use it, albeit with a purchase of the emblem slot.

So everyone is basically paying for thin air.I respect that they need to make money,but they charge way too much for too many things,and that's why they will never reach the income of a proper F2P game like Dota 2

So everyone is basically paying for thin air.I respect that they need to make money,but they charge way too much for too many things,and that's why they will never reach the income of a proper F2P game like Dota 2

I'm not here to defend their f2p model, just stating the facts.

Wrong, after that everyone has to pay 30 platinum to unlock it.

Exactly what I wrote, that's what the word "albeit" means.

Wrong, after that everyone has to pay 30 platinum to unlock it.

I think that's what they meant by purchasing the emblem slot.

Once the clan warlord pays the plat and uploads an image, everyone in the clan will have it display on their insignia after the next hotfix/update, if they have bought one in the market for 30 platinum.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

I think that's what they meant by purchasing the emblem slot.

Once the clan warlord pays the plat and uploads an image, everyone in the clan will have it display on their insignia after the next hotfix/update, if they have bought one in the market for 30 platinum.

I'm officially a retard now

Edited by GalliumGD

DE needs to make money somehow

DE allows all frames to be purchased in market for $$, or for a grind. Demand does not diminish.

"DE needs to make money somehow"

DE sells Founder Packs. Prices range from ~$15 to ~$300. Would love to see how many of each level were sold.

DE implements catalysts and reactors, necessary additions for survival at high levels, given out rarely, or purchasable in market for $$. Demand does not diminish.

DE releases Forma, necessary for clantech/dojo building, required to utilize maxed mods, difficult to farm for, or purchasable in market for $$. Demand does not diminish.

Next big update: DE releases object X, a necessary tool for Action Y/ingredient for Tool Z. Will be hard to grind for/given out rarely. Will be purchasable in market for $$. 

"DE needs to make money somehow."

Serious question. When do we stop paying for the continued growth of the game and when do we start paying to just be milked as much as possible? There's Free to Play and then there's Pay to Enjoy.

-snip-

Alright, calm down.  I do see your point.  DE made lots of money from the Founder Packs, but they did just end those, so that cash flow has ended.  They do still have a bunch of cosmetic items, scarves/helms and whatnot, that you can use platinum to get.  But most of these are really optional things that you don't have to buy.  They certainly do make the game easier when you can buy the materials and actual weapons, for near-outlandish prices, but it's just an option.

I guess I should have reworded my post to something closer to "DE really, really likes to make money."  They do have pretty regular updates and hotfixes that are aimed at trying to make the game fun, so you just gotta have some sort of hope and wait it out.

Its freaking unreasonable if you ask me. They should make an item in the dojo where everyone can contribute for it instead.

Actually, allowing to upload a Clan Emblem using Clan Vault Platinum would be a pretty great idea.

They already know that we're begging for a way to let players instantly fund the Clan Vault instead of room by room.