Riven Toggle

Zykk

Please allow us to have a toggle as such: "Don't show rivens in [Region] / [Q&A] / [Trading] chat channels"

Since the ignore list is now limited to only 100 mere Tenno, I can't afford not to have this feature if I'm to use trading chat and Q&A chat at all.

Alternatively, you could perhaps implement a "Rivens only" chat tab where people can buy/sell/ask about/show off rivens, and have an option to not show that tab at all in the options while disallowing them to show up in any other chat channel.

18 minutes ago, Zykk said:

Alternatively, you could perhaps implement a "Rivens only" chat tab where people can buy/sell/ask about/show off rivens, and have an option to not show that tab at all in the options while disallowing them to show up in the trade chat channel.

Changed/bolded the one thing I didn't agree with, leave them linkable for laughs in the other windows, just make them not linkable in trade chat and make a seperate trade chat where only Rivens can be linked.

But people will just come in here and tell you to use Warframe market or apply ton of filters instead, despite the fact that a chat being focused solely on Riven mods being a better place to buy/sell them since you also don't need to fight that one person linking and selling every prime Warframe at an obtuse cost.

I'm pretty sure you can white list words, so that only chat msgs in trading with "text" shows up,
but you can't blacklist words so that msgs in trading with "text" don't show up.

They should problem make that a feature.

(On a side note, i think the 100 ignore limit is bad too)

More metadata for general searching and trade include/exclude would be nice. A current example is that you can search for "viral" and get the list of toxin and cold mods to make viral, despite it not being directly written on the mods. Adding "riven/rivens" as metadata to rivens would allow anyone to include/exclude all of them at once.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Changed/bolded the one thing I didn't agree with, leave them linkable for laughs in the other windows, just make them not linkable in trade chat and make a seperate trade chat where only Rivens can be linked.

But people will just come in here and tell you to use Warframe market or apply ton of filters instead, despite the fact that a chat being focused solely on Riven mods being a better place to buy/sell them since you also don't need to fight that one person linking and selling every prime Warframe at an obtuse cost.

I do use a ton of filters. I've put in an exclude rule for every prefix and suffix for rivens, and yet they still get through.

I just want a simple Options-Chat- See Rivens [Y/N] Box for each chat tab.

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

I'm pretty sure you can white list words, so that only chat msgs in trading with "text" shows up,
but you can't blacklist words so that msgs in trading with "text" don't show up.

They should problem make that a feature.

(On a side note, i think the 100 ignore limit is bad too)

You can both whitelist and blacklist words. Hit the "Includes term" switch to toggle it.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

NlIHsmG.jpg

Just now, Voltage said:

I feel attacked :(

Sorry about that Voltage, but it is rather true that making a trade chat dedicated to only Riven mods would help both Riven enthusiasts and people selling non-Riven items by simply making them no longer fight for the same space and constantly worried about who is out-spamming who.

Less filters, less spam, easier plat flow since everyone isn't burying each other in copy/pastes, not many drawbacks I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Sorry about that Voltage, but it is rather true that making a trade chat dedicated to only Riven mods would help both Riven enthusiasts and people selling non-Riven items by simply making them no longer fight for the same space and constantly worried about who is out-spamming who.

Less filters, less spam, easier plat flow since everyone isn't burying each other in copy/pastes, not many drawbacks I can think of.

I mean, the drawback for me is that I am someone who can read trade chat without filters. Having trades split between tabs means I cannot see the offers/deals from the other channel. What if I want to see good Riven deals or people WTB a Prime in the same channel?

This suggestion comes from a good place, but a better filter system is what should be added, not splitting up the channel.

I don't mind solutions for people who need aid in sorting trade chat for what they are looking for, but that doesn't need to be at the cost of those who can use the system fine without these aids.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I mean, the drawback for me is that I am someone who can read trade chat without filters. Having trades split between tabs means I cannot see the offers/deals from the other channel. What if I want to see good Riven deals or people WTB a Prime in the same channel?

Does the chat actually move fast enough for that to be an issue? If two different markets were no longer fighting for the same space they would likely be moving slower, which means swapping between the two would be reasonably viable, it also isn't like the chat channels delete themselves when you swap off of one, and if you have time-stamps on you can clearly see if you're responding to a recent or old posting.

Adding in the fact that if you are currently engaged with a purchase/sale, your attention will be on your trade partner meaning you're likely going to miss something in the chat windows anyway.

Even more of note, if the Market websites are as popular/effective as people say, wouldn't that make using the in-game chat less effective if you're looking to wheel and deal anyway?

If you can keep up with and read one faster and cluttered chat window without filters, it doesn't seem to be too unreasonable imo to be able to read two different windows with less clutter and less postings between them.

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Does the chat actually move fast enough for that to be an issue? If two different markets were no longer fighting for the same space they would likely be moving slower, which means swapping between the two would be reasonably viable, it also isn't like the chat channels delete themselves when you swap off of one, and if you have time-stamps on you can clearly see if you're responding to a recent or old posting.

Adding in the fact that if you are currently engaged with a purchase/sale, your attention will be on your trade partner meaning you're likely going to miss something in the chat windows anyway.

Even more of note, if the Market websites are as popular/effective as people say, wouldn't that make using the in-game chat less effective if you're looking to wheel and deal anyway?

If you can keep up with and read one faster and cluttered chat window without filters, it doesn't seem to be too unreasonable imo to be able to read two different windows with less clutter and less postings between them.

I don't think you understand what I mean. When you're trading and eyeing chat, when a good trade comes up in the chat, fractions of a second or a second can cost you the sale. The better the deal is the more people jump on it. You're never the only one watching for a "snipe" as they say. Switching tabs for someone like me is not so much a minor inconvenience, but more of a potential punishment when I am watching "the wrong chat" if something good comes by.

When I trade, I respond to a message and quickly tab back to not waste time not eyeing chat. The notification system tells me when I need to respond again, so I will not miss a potential sale either.

For the market websites, your success is defined by yourself. For some, dumping the item they wish to sell will be faster and more effective on the website. However, the amount they are getting for it is highly competitive with undercutting as opposed to trade chat which has (often) higher prices. I equate it to a gas station. It's like, you can use websites and resources to find the cheapest price around your location and plan for that, or you're the person just stopping at a pump when it's time to fill up. You save more money in the former, but there's an education difference on pricing between each situation. Warframe players tend to throw around words like "scamming", but the reality is playing the market can work in many ways. Sometimes you want to sell stuff as fast as possible (maybe because you have many duplicates or an announcement is lowering the price), or you are patient and want to wait for the "stopping at a pump when it's time" type of person.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I don't think you understand what I mean. When you're trading and eyeing chat, when a good trade comes up in the chat, fractions of a second or a second can cost you the sale. The better the deal is the more people jump on it. You're never the only one watching for a "snipe" as they say.

When I trade, I respond to a message and quickly tab back to not waste time not eyeing chat. The notification system tells me when I need to respond again, so I will not miss a potential sale either.

For the market websites, your success is defined by yourself. For some, dumping the item they wish to sell will be faster and more effective on the website. However, the amount they are getting for it is highly competitive with undercutting as opposed to trade chat which has (often) higher prices. I equate it to a gas station. It's like, you can use websites and resources to find the cheapest price around your location and plan for that, or you're the person just stopping at a pump when it's time to fill up. You save more money in the former, but there's an education difference on pricing between each situation. Warframe players tend to throw around words like "scamming", but the reality is playing the market can work in many ways. Sometimes you want to sell stuff as fast as possible (maybe because you have many duplicates or an announcement is lowering the price), or you are patient and want to wait for the "stopping at a pump when it's time" type of person.

Fair enough, I usually only make sales when I finally need to restock my platinum or see an odd WTB posting that I can fulfill that won't hurt me too badly (managed to sell a pair of low-end Riven mods for 75 plat and a Cedo set once) so I don't often feel that razor's edge of needing to jump on something ASAP and can't relate too well there.

But that still doesn't help the average buyer/seller out much, and while I don't agree with the people saying things like we need a full blown passive auction house style location, the clutter issue does just keep growing and growing as more items are introduced, add in people making massive copy/paste postings that shove everything out of all but the expanded view (especially postings selling comically expensive Riven mods) and eventually there is going to be a point where people are going to miss deals by virtue of a messy chat window alone.

I still think that having Riven mods be a market unto themselves would be better in the long haul, especially due to the sheer variety of theoretical options completely eclipsing more standard items.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

But that still doesn't help the average buyer/seller out much, and while I don't agree with the people saying things like we need a full blown passive auction house style location, the clutter issue does just keep growing and growing as more items are introduced, add in people making massive copy/paste postings that shove everything out of all but the expanded view (especially postings selling comically expensive Riven mods) and eventually there is going to be a point where people are going to miss deals by virtue of a messy chat window alone.

I still think that having Riven mods be a market unto themselves would be better in the long haul, especially due to the sheer variety of theoretical options completely eclipsing more standard items.

Well what I meant to suggest is that DE should do an overhaul of their filter system to the point where it is good enough in that it creates the same enviroment as split channels tailored to your preferences on a player-to-player basis. I just really dislike a suggestion that punishes someone like me to cater to someone who has a problem I don't have rather than creating a solution that doesn't negatively impact my experience.

You can solve the clutter without adding more channels directly and splitting up communication. We used to have NA East and NA West as separate chat regions, and merging them into North America was a great change. That same logic can be applied to trade chat. Having all tradeable items in one chat is good. Being unable to properly filter the chat is a problem which needs solving. Splitting up the channel is not that solution imo.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Having all tradeable items in one chat is good. Being unable to properly filter the chat is a problem which needs solving. Splitting up the channel is not that solution imo.

Well while we can't quite agree on the method to solve the issue, I am glad that we at least can agree that there is a problem.

I can only hope that some day DE can figure out a solution that will leave both of us reasonably satisfied.

It may not be much, but perhaps a solution to this is similar to what the main post mentioned; Having a chat filter / setting that prevents posts with a riven mod link from showing. Not focusing on the text of it persay, but under the hood.

• It would have to focus on detecting what's a riven link and what isn't, but I don't think that's quite impossible. Perhaps they could do it from the riven's perspective, where the post with the link only displays for users who have that setting set to allow riven mod links to show.
  • Or just from an individual user's perspective, similar to PublikDomain's thread on Peculiar content, but in this case for rivens in chat; Whichever perspective is easier for DE to implement I would imagine.

It's a bit of food for thought.

6 часов назад, Zykk сказал:

Please allow us to have a toggle as such: "Don't show rivens in [Region] / [Q&A] / [Trading] chat channels"

Since the ignore list is now limited to only 100 mere Tenno, I can't afford not to have this feature if I'm to use trading chat and Q&A chat at all.

Alternatively, you could perhaps implement a "Rivens only" chat tab where people can buy/sell/ask about/show off rivens, and have an option to not show that tab at all in the options while disallowing them to show up in any other chat channel.

Actually I can see a big hole in you suggestion of not showing rivens... When I decide to endure the hellscape that is trade chat, I see messages like this "Selling rivens for [Ignis], [Kuva Brama] [InsertYourWeaponHere]" Blocking just rivens will not affect those unfortunately.

Also I feel your pain of seeing "Is this riven good?" at least once per hour in Q&A. The dedicated chat tab for both buy/sell and ask about is also a half-meassure, trade and questions should be separated, otherwise it will be yet another hellscape. So at least 2 tabs.

2 часа назад, Voltage сказал:

I just really dislike a suggestion that punishes someone like me to cater to someone who has a problem I don't have rather than creating a solution that doesn't negatively impact my experience.

If only we were able to have several chat docks or moving tabs to their independent places on screen... I'd like to have at least 3 tabs opened at the same time.

I know itd be cool having more tabs and all..(we really should be given the ability to make our own chat group tabs too for friend groups etc without having to be squadded up) but you know what they could also do is just let people color code. Wtb in red, wts in green, rivens in purple. That sorta thing. 

Archived