Steel Path: We need more gamemodes

Joezone619

We still need

-Steel path fissures
-Steel path sorties
-Steel path arbitrations
-Steel path invasions
-Steel path railjack
-Steel path free roam rework (i know thumpers and kyta raknoids need to be looked at heavily)
-And probably more I'm missing.

We need gamemodes to play steel path on. Just the normal star chart but with acolytes isn't enough to keep players engaged. This should be almost as easy as copy-paste-edit-done.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

you forgot steel path nightmare missions.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Steel Path Kuva Siphon, etc. missions could be included as well.

Just now, BansheePrime said:

Being murdered by steel path void storm explosions sounds like a… time.

IMO thats just a flaw/poor feature about void storms in general, and should probably be remove, or replaced with something like flipping/turning the player around. It'd be enough to get disoriented, which void storms seems be aiming for with the screen effects.

you forgot steel path nightmare missions.

I'm not the biggest fan of steel path and on one hand this would really divide up the playerbass and mean less squads available on starchart nodes. On the other hand, maybe that's not a bad thing as there would be less veterans dominating low level fissures.

Yeah, I'm not going to suggest Steel Path to anyone, or ask for more game modes for Steel Path, until they fix the broken alarms and implement a proper acolyte.spawncountmax tied to the mission type.

The proper use of counters to avoid breaking other subsystems of a program is something that I have learned when I was 5 years old and that was a couple of decades ago. I don't even want the Acolyte limit reversal, I want the non-endless alarms subsystem in Steel Path to work properly.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I keep saying to add sortie modifiers and nightmare modifiers to make steel path more interesting, but people keep shooting me down who probably aren't even playing steel path. 

a lot of people don't like those modifiers, myself included. But think of it this way, if they just add steel path sorties and nightmare missions, then you got steel path with those modifiers, and people aren't forced into playing them, everyone wins.

3 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

a lot of people don't like those modifiers, myself included. But think of it this way, if they just add steel path sorties and nightmare missions, then you got steel path with those modifiers, and people aren't forced into playing them, everyone wins.

the reward table would need some top-gear and some cosmetic badges for beating what would essentially be the hardest content in the game. It might even be endgame. 

edit: And to further this, I would give these sorites 9 missions instead of three, allowing you to earn 3 rewards with each tier making the desirable rewards more common. 

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Bold assumption vets would not take the easy route. And unless something like fissure rewards are amplified by 1000%, barely anyone will bother with the steel path counterpart. Hence, it's not a thing yet.

And since we all know that this (amplified rewards) is not going to happen, which is manifested in steel path missions literally giving out the respective normal star chart rewards (like a few Endo, or a lith relic, a mod, like serration) I wouldn't really get people's hopes up.

eh it's not really that bold of an assumption that a lot of vets want to play these missions on steel path. There's a thread about them at least once a month every month. Would every vet do it? of course not efficiency farmers will always pick the path of least resistance.

Steel Path Kuva Siphon, etc. missions could be included as well. But as mentioned above, I think it would be interesting to have a twist of some sort on the Steel Path versions of Sorties or other already-Rank 30-required missions. Adding more total missions to Sorties along with a reward at various amounts of the missions completed is one way to change them up.

• Although beyond just adding Steel Path versions of things (Aside from the overall Star chart, as those are still just regular missions in and of themselves), you could increase the standard amount of base rewards as well as include more unique things. I thought of a few examples off the top of my head, hypothetically speaking;

• Steel Path Sortie rewards (Rolls the table here once for every third mission completed, total of 9 missions per day, new ideas are green)
      (I'm not thinking of the possible drop rates at this time)

• Anasa Ayatan Sculpture
      • Riven mod   (Including Archmelee? Or perhaps those could be gotten elsewhere)

• 12,000 Endo
      • 21,000 Kuva   (Enough for 6 full-cost Riven rolls)

• 3-day booster
        • (I'm not sure if 7-day boosters are an ideal thing for this, but food for thought)

• Exilus Warframe Adapter
      • Exilus Forma blueprint
        • (The player will still need to put in some work for this for the advantages it provides, like the Umbral Formas from Teshin; So it's not like it'd be for free, but to be fair I have heard some who don't like the thought of this. I don't think it's that bad of an idea)

• 3x built Forma
      • Orokin Catalyst blueprint
      • Orokin Reactor blueprint
      • Legendary Core

• Steel Path Arbitration could have the Acolytes drop one Primary Arcane and one Secondary Arcane instead of one or the other, perhaps. I can't think of much in the way of new rewards in the mission drop tables there for the moment.

• Perhaps doubling the amount of Vitus Essence accrued per rotation?

• Steel Path Kuva Siphon missions could require twice as many Kuva clouds to be destroyed per braid, but in return you could receive a guaranteed Requiem relic for each Siphon mission alongside 2-3x the base Kuva amount.

• Kuva Flood missions could also offer more than one guaranteed Requiem relic, as an idea.

In any case, this way it may be a provide more for the players to shoot for besides the change in enemy stats / gear wheel cooldowns (& other things that Steel Path changes). I'm sure there's other ways to expand on SP versions of the rest of the unique modes too.

Not to get off topic, if I did. I just thought that adding some hypothetical ideas for rewards for doing the SP versions would be a good way to flesh them out.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Although beyond just adding Steel Path versions of things (Aside from the overall Star chart, as those are still just regular missions in and of themselves), you could increase the standard amount of base rewards as well as include more unique things.

Very nice example. I would personally like to see a few armors, syandanas, and ephemeras as potential rewards. A real endgame deserves items that have real exclusive rarity. 

Whats the point? Powercreep made SP into easy mode already, they are no different than normal starchart, same old boring stuff if you have proper gear.  I wold say that we need more interesting challenging missions but its DE - they cant balance anything so its pointless to even mention.

20 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

Being murdered by steel path void storm explosions sounds like a… time.

You can shoot them to remove them.

13 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Tell my squad members running through them all like rabbits on cocaine that.

Once you explain it to people they stop getting killed by them. Its just non-intuitive that you are supposed or even can 'kill' environmental hazards. Most player never learn it or that you can shoot anomalies in sorties too.

Archived