No augments for the new frames?

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

1 minute ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I was wondering If anyone heard anything about any new augments for the new frames or is that gonna another system like the prime trailers where they start em and just stops?

No oficial announcement has been released but calm down mate, a few months without new augments doesn't mean the system is forgotten

• Like 2

It can take a while for a good augment idea to really cement itself. It’s uncommon for their to be multiple different augments for the same ability. So they only really get one shot per ability to fix gameplay problems a frame might have.

Those issues can sometimes take a while to manifest AND sometimes are actively influenced by the content that’s available. It’s possible that after the new war, there may new influences on what ability augments are necessary.

• Like 1

Honestly, I can see why people might thing the Augment mods have been a little overlooked... the last update that included new Augments was back in May this year, which is three months.

Except... before that, the previous update that included Augments was 29.5 back in November of 2020, more than 5 months before the May update.

And before that... the previous update to include them was 27.5.4 all the way back in... May of 2020.

I don't want to suggest there might be a pattern, but... if I was a suggesting person... I would say to stay put and wait for next month.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why did DE take so long to make augments? How hard is it?

I believe it's pretty hard.

Otherwise everyone here who insist that necramech desperately need a cupholder would just make their own videogames.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

New frames always wait a couple months before they get augments. DE are pretty good at not dropping the ball on this one specific thing

Exactly. 

DE likes to wait a bit so they can use augments to slap a bandaid on a frame after the DE team starts to realize all the frames issues a few months down the road after they've already stopped actively patching. 

8 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

xaku is here almost 2 years...no augments.

Xaku also got an incredible amount of hotfix attention early on and is in a really good place. DE isn't in a hurry BECAUSE he's in a good place.

Augments are a bandaid to slap on frames core issues, not a thing to do just because. 

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why did DE take so long to make augments? How hard is it? I'm still waiting for more Wisp augments, and she's been out for a long time

Since it's around 4 to 6 at most and at most 2 for each ability in the most times, yes, it would be VERY difficult because you can't spamming the augment mods all the time.

30 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Exactly. 

DE likes to wait a bit so they can use augments to slap a bandaid on a frame after the DE team starts to realize all the frames issues a few months down the road after they've already stopped actively patching. 

29 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Xaku also got an incredible amount of hotfix attention early on and is in a really good place. DE isn't in a hurry BECAUSE he's in a good place.

Augments are a bandaid to slap on frames core issues, not a thing to do just because. 

That's true like... 25% of the time, if that. Not only do DE patch older frames plenty of times, there are more augments that do basically nothing, than there are frames that need augments to function as intended

Edited by TARINunit9

15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's true like... 25% of the time, if that. Not only do DE patch older frames plenty of times, there are more augments that do basically nothing, than there are frames that need augments to function as intended

I know what you mean, I'm just being cynical really. 

Il y a 5 heures, (PSN)thowed a dit :

I hope Protea can augment that 4th into an entirely new ability.

I mean they released a frame with an exalted kdrive recently, smoking crack intensified :)

OT It is extremly complicated releasing augment tbh, because there is the oportunity cost that constantly changes depending on the mods meta, and it actually increases over time, and in the other hand it requires good reasons as augments change isntantly the player experience and often the power level of a frame. Also lets face it, more recent frames have way worse design than older ones, forced synergies do not cope well with augments at a first palce.

Edited by Galuf