Why do additional hounds still take 2 weapon slots?

FUBAR-BDHR

I can understand that the first hound takes 2 weapon slots on for the hound and one for the weapon but why do additional hounds take 2 slots when you don't get any more weapons?  1st one takes 2 slots and so does the 44th one.  That's a over 200 plat spent on air.  And no there are not multiple copies of the weapons in inventory. 

You do get a hound and a weapon for every defeated sister. Check your inventory (the companions tab, if I remember correctly).

You don't have to buy more slots, just have two free slots (hound + weapon) so you can remove them from the forge and then immediately sell them (the same way you sell other equipment for credits). 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

And no there are not multiple copies of the weapons in inventory. 

Are you sure? I have had to sell my extra hound weapons on a regular basis to keep my inventory affordable.

I find Lacerten, Batoten, and Akaten in my inventory listed under the same tab as my Sentinel Weapons. If you are being forced to pay plat for more slots, submit a ticket to support. I don't think DE means to hold players hostage in this manner.

If you did blow 200p, I would ask for a refund.

Edited by LillyRaccune
Added quote for clarity.

8 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Are you sure? I have had to sell my extra hound weapons on a regular basis to keep my inventory affordable.

Yes, it is simple (inventory) math. You need a slot for every hound or weapon you want to keep. You need 1+1 free slots to remove them from the forge. And every weapon or hound you sell will free up a slot.

So if you want multiple copies of Akaten, Batoten and Lacerten and have different versions of the same hound you (of course) need slots for them. If you don't you just have to have 1+1 free slots so you can remove them from the forge and sell them. This will (of course) free up the two slots again. If you have 10 hounds waiting in the forge and only the two free slots you have to rinse and repeat this (remove a hound + weapon into the free slots => sell them to free the slots again) ten times to get rid of them.

Edited by Graavarg

1 minute ago, Graavarg said:

snip

I was replying to the OP. We both posted our replies at nearly the same moment.

I'm with you 100% about the slots. I asked "are you sure" because they claimed they were not receiving duplicate copies of the weapons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I find Lacerten, Batoten, and Akaten in my inventory listed under the same tab as my Sentinel Weapons. If you are being forced to pay plat for more slots, submit a ticket to support. I don't think DE means to hold players hostage in this manner.

If you did blow 200p, I would ask for a refund.

Never though to check the inventory screen.  I was looking in the arsenal and only see the one there.  Every hound has the same max rank one with the same mods.  Thanks for pointing that out I can clear up around 40 slots now.  Sure I'll fill them back up with hounds in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

Never though to check the inventory screen.  I was looking in the arsenal and only see the one there.  Every hound has the same max rank one with the same mods.  Thanks for pointing that out I can clear up around 40 slots now.  Sure I'll fill them back up with hounds in a couple of weeks.

If you have 40 free companion slots because the system was confusing, you might want to ask DE to refund those slots.

8 hours ago, Schwitzer said:

If you have 40 free companion slots because the system was confusing, you might want to ask DE to refund those slots.

I would just end up buying them again.  I'm sure I won't stop at 80 tenet.  I killed 298 liches before they made them easy so........