For Returning & New Players - Coming Back After A Few Years - So Glad I Hadn't Really Started Farming Warframe Primes Because Of The New Helminth Mechanic

Puck_Goodfellow

I went on hiatus shortly after the Helminth Charger was introduced and before the new mechanic of feeding your base Warframes to Helminth was introduced. I did farm Nova Prime before it was vaulted and got a Frost Prime from Twitch Prime but other than that all my other Warframes are base.

I could start farming prime versions now but man am I so glad that I didn't before. I can't imagine trying to farm another base Ash since getting Ash Prime is actually easier. Sure I'll have to farm Frost and Nova again but those are relatively easy.

TL;DR If you're just reading this do not sell your base Warframes for more slots after getting the prime version and wait till you can feed them to Helminth. 

Spoiler

Helminth is the infested creature on your ship you find later.

I didnt keep any of my non prime frames, but enjoyed going back and doing all the old farms to get them again.

At least for 95% of the frames, there were 2 or 3 that I bought because I couldn't be asked to spend multiple days farming a single frame.

I had kept all my originals and then farmed a second set to feed to helminth partially just to keep my collection but also because sometimes there are really weird bugs that only affect the prime and not the vanilla version or vice versa.

Archived