Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If something isn't tradable and isn't a resource don't drop it again

(XBOX)KayAitch

I have around 500 Harrow Chassis blueprints. I'd have a lot more but I clear them down every now and then.

What is the point of that? Who needs more than 2 Harrows? 

I have about the same amount of Sevagoth parts as I have Corrupted Holokeys.

I could sell 100 complete Oberon sets of these things were tradable, but they aren't so just why?

I propose a simple change: if a thing is in my inventory, not a resource, and not tradable, just don't drop it.

Drop something else, anything else, from the same table. This would go for kill drops, mission rewards and abilities like Prowl or Desecrate.

This would ease a lot of grinds, as we never want untradable items twice (or, when we do for Helminth and the like we'll use them up).

It would also reward players who play the game a lot, as collecting all the low tier items in a drop table would make the higher tier drop more often.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I have around 500 Harrow Chassis blueprints. I'd have a lot more but I clear them down every now and then.

What is the point of that? Who needs more than 2 Harrows? 

I have about the same amount of Sevagoth parts as I have Corrupted Holokeys.

I could sell 100 complete Oberon sets of these things were tradable, but they aren't so just why?

I propose a simple change: if a thing is in my inventory, not a resource, and not tradable, just don't drop it.

Drop something else, anything else, from the same table. This would go for kill drops, mission rewards and abilities like Prowl or Desecrate.

This would ease a lot of grinds, as we never want untradable items twice (or, when we do for Helminth and the like we'll use them up).

It would also reward players who play the game a lot, as collecting all the low tier items in a drop table would make the higher tier drop more often.

no thank you. Is it really that hard for you to just sell stuff occasionally.

Or as everyone seems to want to save about certain in game systems: I don't want DEs precious time wasted on this when they can work on (my pet project here.)

Either way, it just seems absolutely unnecessary. That stuff doesn't take up actual space in your inventory.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)KayAitch:

so the game would have to ceck everyones inventory in the reward time so noone gets a "wrong" drop do you know how mutch time that can take
and you will often do missions not because of the reward but for something else so then you would get no loot at all?

49 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

so the game would have to ceck everyones inventory in the reward time so noone gets a "wrong" drop do you know how mutch time that can take

Compared to rendering a 3D world, running however many enemy AI, hit detection for everything and Lua scripts for most weapons and abilities? 

Pretty much none at all.

They already do this for certain items.

But, if you're worried about that it could re-roll on mission exit.

54 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Is it really that hard for you to just sell stuff occasionally

Not my point. I clear them down.

DE put single use items in drop tables to make them something it takes a while to get.

But once you have them these items are just noise. They don't feel rewarding to get. They feel like a waste of time.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

For example, Sevagoth parts should not sell for 2500 credits each, it should be sold for 250k Credits

I like this idea, though Is probably make the bonus endo or something like that.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

But once you have them these items are just noise. They don't feel rewarding to get. They feel like a waste of time.

You can sell them for credits.

But yeah, sometimes that stuffs feels bad. E.g. getting Epithaph parts if you get all stuffs is bad. I would prefer Holos. But... you can sell them so.... what can we do?

What if you have a maxed harrow with potato and want to subsume him?

Honestly there isn't really a reason to do this. You can occasionally sell all useless duplicates for a few million credits and be glad you don't have to go profit-taker or index instead.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Oh god those too.

really i think it's a matter of so often single use or very few use Rewards are in the same Pool as evergreen Rewards.

for say, Blueprint drops - unless an Enemy has other Blueprints to drop, it doesn't actually dilute anything so there's really no harm in it dropping. (Mods, Blueprints, Resources, and Health/Energy/Ammo are all separate Pools for Enemy drops)
but Mission Rewards, well that's all one Pool so it definitely hurts there.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

...it doesn't actually dilute anything so there's really no harm in it dropping

That's the problem, it does. If you get a Sevagoth part you won't get Corrupted Holokeys - the one (or maybe two) time item dilutes the pool of currency/resource you need hundreds of.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

(Mods, Blueprints, Resources, and Health/Energy/Ammo are all separate Pools for Enemy drops)

You only get one thing per kill/loot, so this isn't quite the case.

But... if this only applied to end mission and objective/cache drop tables that would be a huge step forward.

10 hours ago, Quimoth said:

What if you have a maxed harrow with potato and want to subsume him?

If you have a Harrow built you'd still get blueprints. You'd only stop getting Harrow part blueprints once they are in your inventory. Build another one (for Helminth or maybe an alt forma strat) and they'd start dropping again.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

You can sell them for credits

I know, but I can't be arsed because they're small change for anything except new players.

It's more about a rubbish prize being psychologically worth less than no prize at all. It's why you tell children that if they're naughty Santa will bring them a lump of coal rather than nothing.

The first time you get a one time item it feels great - yayy, I can finally build whatever.

The 20th time it's lame. Yeah, a smattering of credits but honestly not enough to be bothered going to the inventory and finding it in all the piles of other dead things you build up in this game.

The 400th time it's kind of a bad joke. Check your inventory, how many Harrow Cassis have you built up since you last bothered to check?

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

That's the problem, it does. If you get a Sevagoth part you won't get Corrupted Holokeys

sorry, i was kinda going in order, so i was talking about Harrow Chassis there, hence Enemy drops.

either way yes, these Rewards, of any sort, that you only have use for once shouldn't be competing with all the other Rewards/drops you can get in the game.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I know, but I can't be arsed because they're small change for anything except new players.

It's more about a rubbish prize being psychologically worth less than no prize at all. It's why you tell children that if they're naughty Santa will bring them a lump of coal rather than nothing.

The first time you get a one time item it feels great - yayy, I can finally build whatever.

The 20th time it's lame. Yeah, a smattering of credits but honestly not enough to be bothered going to the inventory and finding it in all the piles of other dead things you build up in this game.

The 400th time it's kind of a bad joke. Check your inventory, how many Harrow Cassis have you built up since you last bothered to check?

It's nothing if you check every day but if let it stay for some time it can grow into few hundreds (or more).

Before RJ update you had tons of Oberon bp as well. Harrow, Mag, Nyx and some other weapons... Gorgon afair.

It's like free few Index runs. That's a lot for me (I don't like Index).

Careful what you ask for.

Those credits are still more useful than DE rolling some Nano Spores for you instead.

The really annoying ones are the Captura scenes, which are pretty worthless (as duplicates)and drop as rotation rewards instead of just some random trash drop from enemies.

Also the duplicate mods as rotation rewards, just filler and a waste of time.

At least they shouldn't drop from Steel Path.

Archived