Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do People Get Past 10Mins Solo On Survival Missions?

lchigo

Question

So recently i've been farming, or rather, trying to farm for T2 defense keys in survival missions. However when i do it solo i always find myself running out of life support around the 10-12min mark. From then in its just hell to survive and i find myself having lots of trouble trying to hit the 15min mark for that void key. I have heard stories of people soloing past 20mins without any problems. 

So the question is, am i missing something when i do these missions?

20 answers to this question

I've noticed that infested have tendency of barely dropping the oxygen canisters, corpus and grineer on the otherhand drop it plentiful, plus the usual factor: luck.

I've managed to get to 35+ only once in Solo as Rhino, my only issue was that i ran out of ammo and didn't brought my consumables.

I sometime go 20min + on my rhino sometimes i barely get past 8mins it all depends on the drop rate of the life support the enemies drops.

and then what ziranei said ... i don't know if it;s true but it feels like the npcs drop more life support the lower it is.

I sometime go 20min + on my rhino sometimes i barely get past 8mins it all depends on the drop rate of the life support the enemies drops.

and then what ziranei said ... i don't know if it;s true but it feels like the npcs drop more life support the lower it is.

Get rhino and good weapon, stomp and shoot until they die, colect air and repeat. Btw, dont use air supply if not bellow 50%.

I've noticed that infested have tendency of barely dropping the oxygen canisters, corpus and grineer on the otherhand drop it plentiful, plus the usual factor: luck.

I've managed to get to 35+ only once in Solo as Rhino, my only issue was that i ran out of ammo and didn't brought my consumables.

So the trick here is to use a rhino? From what i see it seems to be the best choice. Would something like a nyx or nova suffice cause i dont have a rhino

check for locked doors stay away from rooms with more then one dead end and if you have no problem dying use a nekros. infested will be the easiest to solo since they seek you out quicker and standing on a box keeps you safe.

Oh i see. Desecrate has a chance of dropping extra life canisters eh? 

check for locked doors stay away from rooms with more then one dead end and if you have no problem dying use a nekros. infested will be the easiest to solo since they seek you out quicker and standing on a box keeps you safe.

Nope infested can jump now

@OP find a room near the exit with 2 Open doors as mentioned dead ends and locked doors mean limited spawns and keep moving between them, by time you get to one door the spawns will trigger at the other, so rinse /repeat.  Also helps if its a long room if you have puncture on your weapons, line them up for that reason.

So the trick here is to use a rhino? From what i see it seems to be the best choice. Would something like a nyx or nova suffice cause i dont have a rhino

Oh i see. Desecrate has a chance of dropping extra life canisters eh? 

Mercury/Apollodorus I use Mag/Soma until its pull is nurfed, pull all the cannon fodder and only use Soma for Bombards/Napalms.  I can solo to 25mins, but at exactly 24mins I have to head for the exit because if I left to 25mins the Bombards/Napalms damage and health increase considerably

mmm i can't beat 45 mins mark on solo i need high damage weapon which is sniper rifle and i don't really like it. running out of oxygen on 40-43 mins :S

also it really depends on map. you must find a section on the map where mobs have small traveling distance. because they spawn on second room from your current positon.

Corpus maps have a lot of huge rooms and this is a problem.

If i'm running solo survival I take nekros with a power spamming/range build. Desecrate spawns in extra oxygen to keep you going, you have a personal army on demand and terrify as a panic button to give you enough room to cast your 4 without being murdered.

Also it's a good idea not to touch the life support from lotus until you really have to. As an example, when I was solo farming my mag prime systems on t3 survival, I'd hold out in one room for ~7 minutes using maybe one life support capsule and using what enemies dropped/desecrate spawned to keep me going. After that I could wander around the map and have plenty of life support capsules there when I needed them, meaning that I could hit the 20 minute mark with ease.

In short, nekros' desecrate is cool, don't touch the big life support capsules until you have to.

Edited by Cybernetix

Yeah, kill quick as you can and find the "busy" room.

As one previous poster said, try and find one with lots of entrances, more enemies usually.

Nekros makes it easy, with him I don't usually touch the canisters until about 10 minutes has already gone.

Maybe get a sentinel with long range, say Djinn with Sweeper.

It will kill that many trash mobs, and more will spawn.

For example in Appollodorus, there is often the one big room with a massive gun in it, and two long sloping walkways to the top.

That often has three entry points, run round the room up and down the walkways, you will get new enemies at each point of the triangle lap :)

For longer session it´s convenient to bring Carrier with vaccum equiped, as he will help keep your ammo up.

Also try searching for the rooms where the action takes place, narrow path where the enemies will line up are nice, too.

Especially for the last one, Shred (Riflemod) could come in handy and makes the thing even more convenient.

As for Frames: In my opinion take those that your good with. Vitality and Redirection will help you to survive short spawn bursts of Heavys. Any Frame will make it to the 15min mark. If you want to get further, it´s the same as for defenses, Frames with utility powers instead of attack powers will be alot more helpfull.

As for Weapons: Even here i have to say, that every weapon with at least 4 mods can do the job. But simplest is to take those that can dish out the most damage and have no problems dealing with many enemies as you will want to kill as many and as fast as possible to max your chances on oxygen.

Really, the most important thing is to spot good locations where the action is going on and where you have the most tactical advantages. The rest comes by itself.

Sorry for the spelling, I´m no native.

When I started looking for Mutators in Apollodorus I found it effective to basically leave the first spawns to my Carrier while I ran as far as I could around the map, usually finding the locked door. Opened it, back to the first oxygen drop, killing everything on the way.

That usually lasted me 5 min so extraction would be available. Then I would run all the way to extraction, kill the mobs there, and go back to the oxygen capsules in the start of the map. So basically, the more I moved, the longer I could go.

Used mostly my Trinity with Swraith or Soma, and the 30 min mark became regular. After that the heavies go past lvl 100 so they take a while to kill, and the occasional sneaky Scorch can really ruin your run.

By playing as Rhino. Rhino is pretty much the best frame in most situations, which says a lot about this game's current state of balance. He is THE solo frame, THE nightmare mode frame, THE high level mission frame, and he is great vs bosses too.

Mercury/Apollodorus I use Mag/Soma until its pull is nurfed, pull all the cannon fodder and only use Soma for Bombards/Napalms.  I can solo to 25mins, but at exactly 24mins I have to head for the exit because if I left to 25mins the Bombards/Napalms damage and health increase considerably

Where do you think it's best to stay in that map?

By playing as Rhino. Rhino is pretty much the best frame in most situations, which says a lot about this game's current state of balance. He is THE solo frame, THE nightmare mode frame, THE high level mission frame, and he is great vs bosses too.

Seems to me though that Rhino's powers, compared to other frames, are more oriented towards being tanky and getting breathing room, rather than killing things; Rhino really needs to have good guns with him in order to survive.

Which, given that I have a Lvl 30 tatered Soma and a Level 28 tatered Brakk, is something I've got covered. ;)

a few things to consider:

1) Have a specialized build tailored to what you'reaiming for.

2) Have at least one of the undisputed great guns (Soma, Strun Wraith, Despair, etc) and have it minmaxed.

3) Snipers and bows and slow weapons are bad. Melee is bad. You want to crank out as many kills as you can, as fast as you can.

what sorts of enemies you have trouble with? Heavies really shouldn't be the issue for you (it's only at the 20-25 minute mark that they should be showing up with any degree of rapidity). If you can't deal with a handful of heavies in short order, you probably don't have enough gun.

It helps a lot to have a frame that can both nuke, but also have limited area control. Rhino shines because he has decent survivability (although if you play carefully, having a squishy frame isn't necessarily a death sentence) as well as the fact that he can use Stomp to nuke, AND give himself time to run away.

Mag is great on solo corpus survival -- properly modded you can spam pull in early waves for about 6 energy to just mass decimate trashmobs; later on Shield Polarize will keep you alive and be a ludicrously good nuke... that also knocks things down and gives you time to run away and regroup.

Ember's pretty good on lower level infested survival (Mimas, etc) especially if you run a shade; with the right mods, you can make World on Fire last a while; as long as you don't fire your guns, you can just run at things while cloaked, and they'll still be low enough levelled that they die in one hit, so you just have to run around at things spamming world on fire and turning oxygen drops on til you hit your 15-20 minute mark.

Frost is great too, since you can just park your &#! in one spot and shoot anything that approaches your globe, but idk if you've got him, if you're still trying to get T2 keys :(

As a matter of fact i have all the frames save rhino. Im just trying to get that damn braton prime stock and reciever. Thanks for the advice tho!

Where do you think it's best to stay in that map?

always near the end but in one of two rooms to make getting out alive easy, 1/ the very long room with the massive guns in it /2 the other large room that is triangular in shape with large windows which has 3 exits, two on the lower level and one at the top of the two ramps which is the peak of the triangle.

But always choose the one that has at least two open doors or you get limited spawns, or none if in a team.

As for in a team, best to pair up if there are four in it, and move to different area's to not block spawns.  The pairs have to stay together or the spawns don't trigger as they are usually out of sight beyond a door

Seems to me though that Rhino's powers, compared to other frames, are more oriented towards being tanky and getting breathing room, rather than killing things; Rhino really needs to have good guns with him in order to survive.

Which, given that I have a Lvl 30 tatered Soma and a Level 28 tatered Brakk, is something I've got covered. ;)

Nope, he only has one tanking ability (Iron Skin). The only frame that kills things faster is Nova. There are skills that outdamage Rhino Stomp, but all of them have some sort of drawback that limits their potential (Miasma''s range, Radial Javelin's inability to hit through walls, Absorb's activation time, Sound Quake's duration, etc), and Rhino Stomp has what basically amounts to a built-in stun that even works on bosses.

Rhino Charge also does fairly good damage for its cost, with a built-in knockdown. Plus Rhino has a team damage buff, albeit not one as good as Sonar and M-Prime, but its applied to to the Tenno and not the enemies, making it better in a select few situations, and the damage buff stacks with the above 2 skills.

Edited by Grilleds