Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL suggestion: auto reload option after x seconds of not shooting

_junguler

i think we could do with a simple auto reload option in the settings menu, tf2 has this option for the longest time and it wasn't/is_not an issue even tho it was a pvp games, it's just a nice quality of life improvement for us controller users to save up a button to be mapped to other things.

and please if you decided to add this option don't make it a mod, none of our builds have the space for it.

I doubt they'll do it since they added the Fulmin with Wisp, but on either end I'm indifferent to it. You already auto reload when your magazine is empty, and auto reload might interfere with other actions.

Also, TF2 is on an entirely different engine, and there could be engine limitations preventing it without it outright interfering with other things.

12 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I doubt they'll do it since they added the Fulmin with Wisp, but on either end I'm indifferent to it. You already auto reload when your magazine is empty, and auto reload might interfere with other actions.

Also, TF2 is on an entirely different engine, and there could be engine limitations preventing it without it outright interfering with other things.

you make some good points, i still want the option tho. i it's not possible because of technical limitations it's not going to happen regardless.

54 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i want to auto reload the gun i'm holding/using.

uh, if you attempt to Fire when your Gun is empty, you'll automatically Reload?
🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

there could be engine limitations preventing it without it outright interfering with other things.

no, there can't be.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

I don't want to be waiting for a reload to finish when I didn't initiate it.  I know you suggested it as an option, but honestly, it sounds like a waste of a feature to me.

i understand but you can cancel a reload animation by shooting or parkour moves, it's an option request like you said and a long shot at that.

3 hours ago, _junguler said:

well duh! i want it to automatically reload even if the clip is not empty.

okay, so definitely something that game doesn't currently have. yeah sure, i... guess. i don't see any reason for it to not exist here, if i did start autoReloading i can cancel and i still have my existing shots left. or if it was something i could disable entirely via a Setting (would prefer this myself).

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

okay, so definitely something that game doesn't currently have. yeah sure, i... guess. i don't see any reason for it to not exist here, if i did start autoReloading i can cancel and i still have my existing shots left. or if it was something i could disable entirely via a Setting (would prefer this myself).

yes, exactly, just an option i want. this game has been pretty good about giving us these kinds of stuff and that's why i've made this thread. looking back i never asked for having different settings for different warframes with tap/hold powers or being able to change colors of different ui elements etc etc ... but i'm very glad the game has them because they are useful for people who want them.

On 2021-08-13 at 2:40 PM, Flannoit said:

The game already annoying automatically reloads in some conditions. Having it do so after a while wouldn't be any different. Weapons without traditional ammo also functions like this in a way.

3 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The game already annoying automatically reloads in some conditions. Having it do so after a while wouldn't be any different. Weapons without traditional ammo also functions like this in a way.

that's why i asked for an option and not changing the default way of doing things, i want to be able to this and free up a keybind on my ds4 and never have to worry about reloading again as i often forget to do it while sitting on a almost empty clip.

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So the other buttons are ok to press, just not 1 random button?

reloading a weapon does not add anything to the gameplay and only gets in the way of playing the game, i want an option to skip it. if you really love it that much just keep pressing it.

Just now, _junguler said:

reloading a weapon does not add anything to the gameplay and only gets in the way of playing the game, i want an option to skip it. if you really love it that much just keep pressing it.

That's your extremely biased opinion. You just want easier and faster and automatic damage. 

If you want to use a weapon you deal with the pros and cons of that weapon. 

And as others said, you don't even need to reload with synth mods etc. 

Use the tools available and stop being lazy.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That's your extremely biased opinion. You just want easier and faster and automatic damage. 

If you want to use a weapon you deal with the pros and cons of that weapon. 

And as others said, you don't even need to reload with synth mods etc. 

Use the tools available and stop being lazy.

options are bad according to you.

Archived