Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL suggestion: auto reload option after x seconds of not shooting

_junguler

This kind of feature is pretty easy to program into a CronusMax/TitanOne, I'd imagine PC people have software options to script it.

Had the thought that it would be convenient, when I was playing with a Strun Wraith recently

with that particular shotgun and its 1-by-1 shell reloading, it's best to keep it topped off constantly. "Fire one, load one." and since the reload is interruptable there's no downside.

script would just be something like, on Fire button release event, activate Reload button.

Could even do something smarter like monitor your thumbstick motions, and do a reload whenever you've stopped running... or anytime you backup (to find cover)

Only real problem is you'd need to toggle the script on and off for when you're in combat, vs when you're in Orbiter or Menus....

actually, if the context detection is specific enough, it might not accidentally trigger menu issues...

say: after pressing Fire button in the last 2seconds while also holding stick forward. if thumbstick is released, activate reload. that's a combo of inputs that would commonly occur in combat, but not in menus.

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

This kind of feature is pretty easy to program into a CronusMax/TitanOne, I'd imagine PC people have software options to script it.

Had the thought that it would be convenient, when I was playing with a Strun Wraith recently

with that particular shotgun and its 1-by-1 shell reloading, it's best to keep it topped off constantly. "Fire one, load one." and since the reload is interruptable there's no downside.

script would just be something like, on Fire button release event, activate Reload button.

Could even do something smarter like monitor your thumbstick motions, and do a reload whenever you've stopped running... or anytime you backup (to find cover)

Only real problem is you'd need to toggle the script on and off for when you're in combat, vs when you're in Orbiter or Menus....

actually, if the context detection is specific enough, it might not accidentally trigger menu issues...

say: after pressing Fire button in the last 2seconds while also holding stick forward. if thumbstick is released, activate reload. that's a combo of inputs that would commonly occur in combat, but not in menus.

thanks for the interesting and informative reply, yeah i'm pretty sure something like a script or macro can be used but i'm not sure how safe it is anti-cheat wise, i have put 1.5k hours into my account and don't want to be locked out of it. if an official option was to be implemented this worry is going away and i can comfortably use such a feature.

4 hours ago, _junguler said:

thanks for the interesting and informative reply, yeah i'm pretty sure something like a script or macro can be used but i'm not sure how safe it is anti-cheat wise, i have put 1.5k hours into my account and don't want to be locked out of it. if an official option was to be implemented this worry is going away and i can comfortably use such a feature.

This is why a TitanOne is so nice. its a hardware solution, just emulates a Controller and is an intermediary between the controller and console (or PC, in your case). There's no software present on the main platform. Controller I/O passes to the device, then device passes reinterpreted I/O to the platform.

It basically converts any controller into a Mod Controller. Most people use it for Turbo Triggers, or to remap controls when in-game doesn't have a setting. But you can do more complex stuff like I described. Uses a C-like programming language.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

This is why a TitanOne is so nice. its a hardware solution, just emulates a Controller and is an intermediary between the controller and console (or PC, in your case). There's no software present on the main platform. Controller I/O passes to the device, then device passes reinterpreted I/O to the platform.

It basically converts any controller into a Mod Controller. Most people use it for Turbo Triggers, or to remap controls when in-game doesn't have a setting. But you can do more complex stuff like I described. Uses a C-like programming language.

i see, i knew these things existed but didn't know they were untraceable, still it's like bringing a tank to a knife fight in my case. i like to have the option but it's not make or break for me.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

After reading the title I checked how I play, and how it would affect me. And yh, I'd actually kinda want that as an option. (Though, even more unpopular, I'd like a way where rolling doesn't disrupt reloading, mostly because I roll more than bullet jump) [please miss me with "wouldn't make sense" when my frames can, literally, take their hands off the weapon with certain movements and or other actions, yet it still reloads]

I found myself traversing more than anything with notable gaps where auto reload would make sense, so yh, I'm all for it.

But I'd accept a bandaid as well, in a form of either a mod or a new primary/secondary arcane which functions like the kitgun one. (Battery)

yes, exactly, thank you. i don't know why is a simple idea like this gets so much push back, in a PVE game no less.

Archived