Those recent changes to Kuva lich system...

Am i right in saying final showdown with your Lich will always now be in Kuva Fortress?. Unlike level 1-4 there only a small limited number of (imho) pain in the ass nodes to deal with, and to be frank pretty S#&$ . Im pretty much forced to play the nodes i hate ie Spy and Rescue on Kuva fortress (you guys know how S#&$e they are ). I cant be the only one who finds these recent changes pretty irritating.

• Like 4

Final showdown is in saturn proxima railjack, what you want to complain about is lvl 5 lich nodes which are in kuva fortress, honestly kuva spy is pretty easy once you know your way around and wukong makes it faster

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

A potential solution would be to randomise the mission instead of it being the same as the node.

The whole point of the lich planet standardization was to improve matchmaking but this either would undo that if levels are randomized individually or, if they aren't, it would cause everyone wait for "good" ones.

Some kind of "lich incursion" (much like SP incursion, number available=lich level-2 or something) still wouldn't solve the waiting problem, but at least it would make  fighting liches feel less like grinding the same set of missions every time...

• Like 4

The reality of it is OP is right. certain mission types that are remaining constantly have "0" public matchmaking groups available. to put it bluntly its an absolute nightmare once you reach tier 4 or tier 5 planet your lich is on. if all you have left are multi player mission types like defense or interception it makes leeching missions off a buddy for thralls an absolute must do. the problem is however you got to run a poor mission type until the lich finally does show up. I don't understand why locking a lich to one planet was something dev's felt was a necessity, but in the case of locking it to one planet, just make the runs on nodes infinite. What difference does it make if you run a survival until your lich shows up or a spy? Let the players choose what mission types they like to earn the progression. Fans love freedom in this game, they always have. We already know killing a Rank 5 lich is going to be an absolute pain because of the new changes to these liches, which i've already posted about myself, but the fact that you can't select mission types you actually enjoy to get them to their respective proxima mission is just more salt in the wound.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, typwnagain said:

The reality of it is OP is right. certain mission types that are remaining constantly have "0" public matchmaking groups available. to put it bluntly its an absolute nightmare once you reach tier 4 or tier 5 planet your lich is on. if all you have left are multi player mission types like defense or interception it makes leeching missions off a buddy for thralls an absolute must do. the problem is however you got to run a poor mission type until the lich finally does show up. I don't understand why locking a lich to one planet was something dev's felt was a necessity, but in the case of locking it to one planet, just make the runs on nodes infinite. What difference does it make if you run a survival until your lich shows up or a spy? Let the players choose what mission types they like to earn the progression. Fans love freedom in this game, they always have. We already know killing a Rank 5 lich is going to be an absolute pain because of the new changes to these liches, which i've already posted about myself, but the fact that you can't select mission types you actually enjoy to get them to their respective proxima mission is just more salt in the wound.

You save a crapload of time and worries by not skipping any of the good and easy nodes on lower planets. It means you rarely have to visit planet #4 and never ever planet #5. But I guess alot of players just blind stab without considering which nodes that will go buh-bye on their current planet as the lich/sister moves on.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You save a crapload of time and worries by not skipping any of the good and easy nodes on lower planets. It means you rarely have to visit planet #4 and never ever planet #5. But I guess alot of players just blind stab without considering which nodes that will go buh-bye on their current planet as the lich/sister moves on.

Only really works solo... I have no issue with that but DE is again in that "aren't you all friiieeends?" phase.  It really wants people to team for liches.

And it tries to encourage that with this whole matchmaking improvement and upcoming holokey changes etc, but at the same time makes non-stabbing something that... doesn't exactly endear you to the team. Even when it's the smart move because you didn't learn any more requiems yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Spy and Rescue on Kuva fortress (you guys know how S#&$e they are ).

Just a heads up, but spy and rescue in some areas aren't random at all. Rescue has always the same layout of rooms when you arrive to the "friendship door" to rescue the target and you can learn the pattern to run the mission without issues. Spy the only points that change (besides the rest of the map) it's A and B, C it's always the same area, with the same enemies possitioned on the same places. When you learn to run those missions you'll find that both are easier than randomized counterparts in other planets.

Keep your stabs efficient and don't go for a blind one without doing so to test a requiem you know is in the sequence. That way you never have to deal with lv5 and only occasionally need to deal with lv4.

It's more of a hassle with Liches due to their longer murmur grind vs Sisters but you're going to need to consider the trade off of doing slower or disliked mission types on other planets vs being forced to do them in the Fortress.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Just a heads up, but spy and rescue in some areas aren't random at all. Rescue has always the same layout of rooms when you arrive to the "friendship door" to rescue the target and you can learn the pattern to run the mission without issues. Spy the only points that change (besides the rest of the map) it's A and B, C it's always the same area, with the same enemies possitioned on the same places. When you learn to run those missions you'll find that both are easier than randomized counterparts in other planets.

The problem with rescue is that can be insta-failed by the lich appearing at just the wrong moment, and unlike with defence/mob def I don't think there are any counters...

Just now, nebfab said:

The problem with rescue is that can be insta-failed by the lich appearing at just the wrong moment, and unlike with defence/mob def I don't think there are any counters...

How? The kuva rescue is one of the easiest rescue missions when you know what's the best path to take in order to reach the prisioner fast (and it doesn't even need practice, since there are countless of videos showing the most efficient and easiest path), you take your operator, press ctrl and you are invisible/invulnerable/inmune to abilities and nothing can disable your abilities. At least in my experience, liches and sisters doesn't even pay attention to the rescue target. If you want extra safety, use vazarin school. The tools are there at our disposal.

• Like 2

Lich Planet Progression is Earth > Mars > Ceres > Saturn > Kuva Fortress.

Sister planet progression is Venus > Phobos > Jupiter > Neptune > Pluto

final showdown always takes place in Saturn Proxima for Liches, and Neptune Proxima for Sisters. 

as for the nodes, Usually I run Exterminate, Rescue, Capture and Sabotage. Survival works too but I don't really like having to deal with liches and life support at the same time, within 4 missions you will be guaranteed an appearance by your nemesis. I usually go for the stab every time though.

• Like 1

I just refuse to fight Liches at this point. I got the 3 new weapons and have zero inclination to improve any of them.

I've better things to do that spend hours on, Cassini, then spending 3x the amount of time grinding murmurs than you do vs Corpus, with the chance of ending up at Kuva Fortress if rng is crap.

Case in point: I learned something new about Assault mission from the last time I fought a lich. There's a hidden timer in the mission after you break through the outside door. 

I was busy playing cat and mouse with my lich as he finally decided to spawn, deliberately hadn't started the next segment where you have to get telemetry keys inside a certain time once you grab the first one, thinking " if I dont start the next bit, i dont have to worry about timers and i can focus on this Lich that's spamming teleport like a rabbit on crack".

Turns out if you dont start that process there's something like a 5 minute timer, then you get Lotus pop up and say something about it being "too late, they fired their bfg" and you get a mission fail. 

It's not one of those inactivity timers you can get if you dont kill something in x amount of time either as I aaa constantly having to fend off adds all the time

Edited by Butterfly85

18 hours ago, nebfab said:

Only really works solo... I have no issue with that but DE is again in that "aren't you all friiieeends?" phase.  It really wants people to team for liches.

And it tries to encourage that with this whole matchmaking improvement and upcoming holokey changes etc, but at the same time makes non-stabbing something that... doesn't exactly endear you to the team. Even when it's the smart move because you didn't learn any more requiems yet.

No it works just as well in groups, just dont uhm stab the first chance you get. Who gives a flying squat what the group thinks? If they wanna play like idjits let them.

You should pretty much go Rescue (safest as #1 since lich rarely shows up that early) then Cap/Sabo/Exterm/Spy and then Endless until you feel like moving on. I mean, we arent in the pre-sister state anymore where the next planet may provide far better nodes, we have all the nodes we want now on each and every planet. There is zero reason to move on before you've cleared them in the new system.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

No it works just as well in groups, just dont uhm stab the first chance you get. Who gives a flying squat what the group thinks? If they wanna play like idjits let them.

You should pretty much go Rescue (safest as #1 since lich rarely shows up that early) then Cap/Sabo/Exterm/Spy and then Endless until you feel like moving on. I mean, we arent in the pre-sister state anymore where the next planet may provide far better nodes, we have all the nodes we want now on each and every planet. There is zero reason to move on before you've cleared them in the new system.

Honestly, I do defence first because it's the only one which really benefits from having more players. Zero anger level means that my lich won't appear so those who complain won't start *@##$ing if I don't stab it before I have the symbol unlocked.